Author Topic: Greetings, newbie here!  (Read 6991 times)

Offline Keninshiro

Greetings, newbie here!
« on: September 26, 2017, 01:56:36 PM »
Greetings all,

My name is Eric, just joined MWF yesterday... dropping to say hi and to check out Malaysia's own watch community (I'm currently living/working in Shanghai, been there for the past 13 years).

A little about myself (since powers that be requires 25 quality posts :P)... been into watches for a good 13 years+ (if you consider buying your first quality watch as a sign of a beginning), I don't consider myself an enthusiast because the only parts I know in a mechanical watch is the balance, bridge and spring LOL... hence why it took me so long to actually join a watch forum, I'm afraid of experts and purists giving me the lecture on how 38mm is the perfect size etc XD  By now you'd have guessed my age from my cynical tone... 43 to be precise. ;)

I love all kinds of watch except jewelry type or brands that don't actually make watches to begin with, i.e. Timberland, Fossil, Nixon etc. Most of the watches I own are mid-range type (Seiko, Sinn, Frederique Constant, Jean Richard, Tudor, Longines)... the most expensive one being a second hand Panerai 164 simply because I cannot afford a brand new one LOL! I'd love to own a Rolex explorer II one day... fingers crossed.

Ok, enough about myself. How's the watch scene back home? Do you guys have regular get-together? Is it safe to trade back home? I see lots of high end watches being sold in the forum... do ppl really drop rm20-30K (100K plus also got) even if it's a FTF dealing? How do you know it's not a fake? 

Anyhow, there you go... my first quality post, hope it qualifies!

Cheers,
Eric. 

Offline Kesharoo

Re: Greetings, newbie here!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 02:51:25 PM »
welcome aboard, many nice and friendly people here....

Offline Keninshiro

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 02:53:56 PM »
welcome aboard, many nice and friendly people here....

Thank you for the warm welcome!  :thumbsup:

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 07:42:00 PM »
Welcome on board Eric. Are you still residing in Shanghai? I am in Shanghai too.  ;)
~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline Keninshiro

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 08:51:27 AM »
Yes I'm still in Shanghai! :thumbsup:

Which part of Shanghai are you in? I'm working at Jing An district... kalau boleh can meet up to yum cha if you are keen.

Welcome on board Eric. Are you still residing in Shanghai? I am in Shanghai too.  ;)

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 03:26:00 PM »

Which part of Shanghai are you in? I'm working at Jing An district... kalau boleh can meet up to yum cha if you are keen.

Oh great. I am in Xuhui. I will PM you when I am back to Shanghai. Now back in Malaysia for the golden week holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Online ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 05:34:14 PM »
Happy gtg and take lot of pictures

Offline Keninshiro

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 01:09:51 PM »
OK Cool! Have a great holiday back home! :thumbsup:

Oh great. I am in Xuhui. I will PM you when I am back to Shanghai. Now back in Malaysia for the golden week holiday.

Offline dexson

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 02:13:35 PM »
Welcome and enjoy your stay ! Glad to have you here!

Offline Keninshiro

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 02:03:37 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Dexson!

Welcome and enjoy your stay ! Glad to have you here!