Author Topic: Omega Speedmaster CK2998-Your thoughts  (Read 5027 times)

Offline smureli

• HELLO
Omega Speedmaster CK2998-Your thoughts
« on: November 14, 2019, 07:44:57 PM »
Guys,

what are your thoughts on the Omega Speedmaster CK2998, is it a beautiful watch, better than a Daytona?

Offline Sathiskumar

• Freshie
Re: Omega Speedmaster CK2998-Your thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 08:19:10 PM »
Although the Speedmaster is a fine looking watch, I feel Daytona looks better. I'm sure the quality is better too.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 05:18:12 AM »
Guys,

what are your thoughts on the Omega Speedmaster CK2998, is it a beautiful watch, better than a Daytona?
Which watch is better is a very subjective thing. They are both iconic in their own way. But Daytona is way more desirable due to its hype. Also also more difficult to attain. One man’s meat is another man’s poison. You really have to try the watch on your wrist before you decide which is the one for you. I always try in the watches which I want to buy before buying it. I was lucky to be able to buy most of the pieces that I wanted before all of the craziness started. I tried on many many variations of the Daytona and it just didn’t sing to me. But when I tried on the Speedmaster, it was a different story. I even managed to try on a Patek 5711 at retail...this was sooooo many years ago. But it just didn’t sing. Long story short. Just because there is a hype and a strong following, it doesn’t mean that it will look good on you. Good luck in purchasing your first chrono.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 06:48:06 PM »
Cheaper than a Daytona for sure but you get what you pay for. Leather strap and manual winding 1861 movement. Nice watch but hard to get one at retail price. Sold on secondary market at hyped prices. Might consider if can find at retail or discounted but won't pay the premiums people are asking.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 07:16:33 PM »
Guys,

Buy what you like, like what you buy.... :Dancing_banana:

Offline Styrwr91

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 11:24:12 AM »
buy what you like, dont fall into the trap of minding too much about what other people think...

when i was hunting for a seamaster, the AD showed me the speedmaster and i immediately fell in love with it and bought it.

weeks later i tried a daytona at another AD, despite it being the more desirable piece with better value, im glad i bought my speedmaster

is daytona better than speedmaster? maybe
do i like my speedmaster more than daytona? yes
would you think the same? that's up to you

Offline MDF

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 10:04:04 PM »
Any source to buy one ? Missed out on it earlier. Still kicking myself

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 01:28:23 PM »
Any source to buy one ? Missed out on it earlier. Still kicking myself
Available in a pre owned shop at The Weld.

Offline MDF

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 08:28:42 PM »
Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.