Author Topic: Gd food KL  (Read 111954 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: Gd food KL
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2013, 11:23:05 AM »
Looking for good bak kut teh in PJ.The nice ones Iknow centred around KL and Klang.Anyone can  share?

kelana jaya, shop opposite church along LDP - yi xing ge. teo chew style. herb n sweet....
sg way - facing indian temple at the back

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2013, 11:18:09 AM »
Inside Plaza Damas Mall....

Good standard breakfast...

Offline aceventura

« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2013, 08:35:52 AM »
Supprisingly not many ppl post some gd food in Mwf...

Let me start with this old KL food...

Toong Kwoon Chye dry noodle, jln Bkt bintang

this coffee shop is the most original around this area...

The noodle still the same taste...
The Teh C is still same old taste... Smooth n sweet

Well, you'll be surprised if you check out the wanton noodle in Ming Tien coffee shop behind the Public bank in Bandar Sunway. There's this Balinese couple that serves this dish with lard. Thumbs up all the way and the price is VERY reasonable as well. The only drawback to the dish is that it comes without the mushroom but the decent helping of Chinese roast pork should make up for the deficiency !

Offline aceventura

« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2013, 08:42:38 AM »
I go to OUG for my fried kuey teow fix...I forgot the coffee shop name but it's the one opposite the wet market, same row as Caring Pharmacy...it's the one directly opposite the coffee shop (there are like 10 coffee shops in OUG) where the famous pork noodle is.

How about checking  out some of the fried koay teow in PJ huh ? There's this one in PJ SS2 hawker center (there are umpteenth stalls there) at the far end from the famous ABC on your left. Check out this guy with a wrist band on his right hand as he fries the koay teow. You won't be disappointed with the taste and the DECENT size prawns he throws in together with other embellishments. I mean if you notice the difference in the size of his right forearm and his left forearm then you will conclude that his business is brisk as his right hand is always busy stirring the koay teow ! :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline jetstrim

« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2013, 11:53:49 AM »
Looking for good bak kut teh in PJ.The nice ones Iknow centred around KL and Klang.Anyone can  share?

kelana jaya, shop opposite church along LDP - yi xing ge. teo chew style. herb n sweet....
sg way - facing indian temple at the back

Tried the Sg Way outlet and phew!wat a crowd..Not bad,teochew style

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2013, 12:24:48 PM »

My banana leaf fix @ Nirvana, Bangsar

Offline swleong

« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2013, 04:07:04 PM »
lately discovered many good makan places in kg baru sungai buloh,  the ways of cooking are 1 of a kind, have not eaten anything like that before. Cold paku pakis thai style, wat dan yin choy (egg gravy Chinese spinach), siew yoke fried with prawns, steamed prawn, shredded chicken, pork tendon and pork belly in 1 pot top with scallions and soy sauce. .....I am hungry now  ;D

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2013, 06:35:57 PM »
lately discovered many good makan places in kg baru sungai buloh,  the ways of cooking are 1 of a kind, have not eaten anything like that before. Cold paku pakis thai style, wat dan yin choy (egg gravy Chinese spinach), siew yoke fried with prawns, steamed prawn, shredded chicken, pork tendon and pork belly in 1 pot top with scallions and soy sauce. .....I am hungry now  ;D

Lol... This is common in sg buloh rawang even kepong...

The kg style steamed fish that area also different ( go kg Aman )

Offline jetstrim

« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2014, 01:24:11 PM »

My banana leaf fix @ Nirvana, Bangsar

Some outlets use artificial banana leaf .Tho the quality of the food remains the same ,somehow psychologically it does not taste quite the same.Nirvana always packed to the rafters

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2014, 12:49:40 PM »

Some outlets use artificial banana leaf .Tho the quality of the food remains the same ,somehow psychologically it does not taste quite the same.Nirvana always packed to the rafters

Really? I've yet to come across this, does that mean it is recyclable?

I can imagine that it would be no different from eating on a plate. The leaf emits a certain fragrant that makes it special.

Doesn't quite makes sense as a banana plant would need to be cut down anyway after its short lifespan. Not to say that it's any more sustainable.

Offline swleong

« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2014, 08:58:03 PM »

Really? I've yet to come across this, does that mean it is recyclable?

I can imagine that it would be no different from eating on a plate. The leaf emits a certain fragrant that makes it special.

Doesn't quite makes sense as a banana plant would need to be cut down anyway after its short lifespan. Not to say that it's any more sustainable.

K**** Curry House already been using the paper ’banana leaf’. it makes me feel like been cheated.

Offline Everdying

« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2014, 08:47:18 AM »
i now go nearby to 'curry leaf' restaurant in d'sara uptown, beside the satay kajang restaurant.
dont really go kanna much anymore.

Offline am_sober

• it's time~! ^^
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »
Aunty Gemuk~  :thumbsup:

near FAM Kj.. used to be at Subang ria before she moved to Jamal.. from one end to the other end of the same shop lot..
"People who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it~ ^^Y"

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2014, 07:23:06 PM »
i now go nearby to 'curry leaf' restaurant in d'sara uptown, beside the satay kajang restaurant.
dont really go kanna much anymore.

It's one of the oldest restaurant around,  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I still order Teh / kopi susu lembu here! :thumbsup: with my favorite tosai :Dancing_banana:

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2014, 04:04:37 PM »
I usually avoid those fusion type restaurant but some of the food in Zanmai Pasta is actually not bad...

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2014, 06:28:38 AM »
Feeka

Jln Mesui, just opened less than 3 mths
very good business, manage to attract alot of expatriates working and staying around Golden Triangle

fantastic coffee and suprisingly great food with very reasonable price !
9-10am buy one free one coffee also attracted lots of expat tabao coffee

Offline swleong

« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2014, 02:27:10 PM »

found this KK sang yok mee place along jalan puchong, is the original branch of from KK Sabah, taste good!!  :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2014, 03:28:08 PM »
I usually avoid those fusion type restaurant but some of the food in Zanmai Pasta is actually not bad...

Looks tasty and great photo skills you have.

Got hungry looking at it. :Laughing_on_floor:
Seiko fan.....

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2014, 04:11:28 PM »

Looks tasty and great photo skills you have.

Got hungry looking at it. :Laughing_on_floor:

Cheers!

followed by my favourite desert, vanilla ice cream on a hot brownie @Dome...

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2014, 04:24:08 PM »
Nyonya food at Ah Tuan Ee's

the dishes we had...

Acha...

Kapitan chicken

and sambal sotong

Taufu...

Kangkung belacan

Please please excuse the blur pictures because I was getting a bit too hungry (trembling hands) and was testing the patience of my other half (was doing this in a hurry)....

;D ;D

Offline dpkong

« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2014, 07:11:50 PM »

It's amazing how you guys/gals have the patience to take a picture first. I usually only remember after it is gone....

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2014, 07:27:10 PM »
Sidestreaker: Really nice food there.

It's amazing how you guys/gals have the patience to take a picture first. I usually only remember after it is gone....

Nowadays, always when the food come, those youngsters will whip out their smartphones and say " Wait! Wait!, take pictures first.." Aiya, i'll say. >:(
Seiko fan.....

Offline sshark

« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2014, 09:59:36 PM »
What youngsters??? uncle also like tat nowadays... possibly those are the "young" uncles ;)

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2014, 05:21:08 AM »
What youngsters??? uncle also like tat nowadays... possibly those are the "young" uncles ;)

'Young' uncles, good one man.  :thumbsup:
Seiko fan.....

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2014, 10:21:43 AM »

'Young' uncles, good one man.  :thumbsup:

I was an uncle when I was barely 12 (My eldest brother is much older). His kids looks like my siblings! And one of my cousins kids is older than me.

I'm a real 'young' uncle!