Author Topic: OKR and Kuchai "Bahru"  (Read 22105 times)

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
OKR and Kuchai "Bahru"
« on: November 09, 2011, 02:45:24 PM »
Went back and is surprised by the level of planned developments around the area and Bkt Jalil.

Since quite a few of our brothers here stay within the vacinity, I would like to ask about the opinions and views of the area/projects; now and the future.

Thinking about getting a place in KL around the area...close to the in-laws and away from their house  :laugh:
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
Re: OKR and Kuchai "Bahru"
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 06:39:24 AM »
Wait to see whether Flood occur or not, then you know which are is good  :Cheers:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 07:34:45 AM »
Its true OKR has also transformed with the new highway (NPE, MEX) crossing over it.
Ol' Kuchai was also transformed with many commercial themed area. Lots of F&B outlet, massage joints as well as business using the shops as their offices.

As for flood, lets keep our fingers crossed what happen to Bangkok doesn't happen to OKR.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:58:17 PM by Watchnewby »

Offline genec

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 07:59:59 AM »
Its true OKR has also transformed with the new highway (NPE, MEX) crossing over it.
Ol' Kuchai was also transformed with many commercial themed area. Lots of F&B outlet, massage joints   :Laughing_on_floor: as well as business using the shops as their offices.

As for flood, lwts keep our fingers crossed what happen to Bangkok doesn't happen to OKR.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 08:13:34 AM »
Salak south, Danau Desa, tmn Desa, OKR, Kuchai Lama, Jln Puchong.....

good location.... so your question is which project to buy right?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 08:14:24 AM »

Most of the projects are new service apartment & Condominium

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 08:47:26 AM »
UOA

Arte

Palace court

Midfield YTL

The Leafz

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 08:57:42 AM »
for own staying

better buy from a reputable developer in quality
 - see hoy chan 's SERINGIN RESIDENCES
-  UOA

or buy those old but well managed condo in Tmn Desa, higher end condo

if can afford, go further to get landed property, below are some very very well planned residential development!
- lakefield ytl around rm800k (10mins via BESRAYA )
- mines blu water consteallation around rm1mil (15mins via BESRAYA)
- twin palms sg long around rm850k (25 mins VIA BESRAYA - SILK or EAST WEST LINK -  GRAND SAGA - SILK)
- jadehills kajang around rm900k ( 25 mins VIA  EAST WEST LINK -  GRAND SAGA - SILK or PLUS - SILK)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:15:30 PM by chrisyen »

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 05:16:56 PM »
Thanks for the list  :thumbsup:

Went up to Seringin to have a look couple of months back. Looks impressive but too large for me cause it would be a place for me whenever I come back to KL or if my wife gets pregnant. Still unable to cari makan in KL to justify buying the place to come back to.

When asked how much is the average psf around the area, the SA very arrogantly said "we set the benchmark for the psf around this area" hahahha  :laugh: so their price is the highest. but as Chris said, there are assurance to buy from a big established developer. At 2600sqft and 500psf it's quite attractive but dunno if you can get a ROI because there are so many landed terraces too around the area.

What do u think about the Leafz? Free washer/dryer, A/C, walk-in wardrobe...practically a move in condition for around 500k for 1025sqft 2+1 room unit?

New small developer but sounds enticing to me because that would cover most of the conditions that i need in a "occasional" house in KL.

Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 02:28:01 PM »
if fully furnish is earsier for you then ok lor....
the other way is get a unit now and pay rm100k to ID to do everything for u...

besides that u can consider slightly further, bkt jalil, bdr sri permaisuri... better access...

end of old klang road, beside the jln puchong u hv another development, right side towards pj, next to police station also u have a project call Ben10  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

sorry, its benteng8
www.benteng8.com.my

Offline KEV

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 03:07:50 PM »
Check out Desa Residensi. It's the lowest density project in Happy Garden. Freehold. Only 130 units. Good for owner occupied. Handover by this year.

Offline fannymac

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 03:09:41 PM »
Actually I think Leafz is good cos I saw their brochure too. Though the developer is new, it doesn't mean that their house will be bad. The thing is I'm planning to invest 1 too. I'm very new and this is my first time involving in such thing. I do have some savings for deposit and actually I have no idea at all about the type of bank panels/ loan that is better for me to go for.  I have heard some people saying house loan and some said mortgage. What's their different actually? Can anyone help me with it please?  :)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 03:28:34 PM »
Same!!! Mortgage mean u charge ur property for financing !

New doesn't mean it is no good correct
Old doesn't mean it is good...

But like many products, gd n reputable normally deliver... They can't afford to fail!
New one need to proof their worth!!!

Gd n bad just too general to describe a property
Location, access, actual driving distance n time, pleasure in driving (road condition),
Workmanship, quality of finishing, deliver time, sales service, after sales service...n facilities, maintenance team, security, service charges

N nowadays property move to another level
Environment building, community building, lifestyle offered, energy save, suatainable design, status offered....

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 07:37:38 AM »
muthammah11

Whats your professional advice on the pros and cons on property purchase with cash....

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 08:51:08 AM »
muthammah11

Whats your professional advice on the pros and cons on property purchase with cash....

dc

Maybe not a good idea. Put the cash in FD, link the FD to OD and purchase the property with that. Then settle the OD in stages.

Offline Ledzep

• Freshie
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 07:21:11 PM »
muthammah11

dc

Maybe not a good idea. Put the cash in FD, link the FD to OD and purchase the property with that. Then settle the OD in stages.

A good way to maintain liquidity :thumbsup:

Offline Ledzep

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 07:24:36 PM »
Developers are looking for every possible place to built commercial square in OKR, luckily mine also went up 20%. But the jam there is killing me everyday..

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 06:53:52 AM »
Bro , get a mortgage loan with an OD type. After the loan has been approved, put all your cash into the account so no interest to pay . the interest rate 4 2 day is app. BLR - 2+ %.. Cash is king,. so when your dream grail comes along then use the od to buy. The interest will be calculated on the amount use only, top up your OD with amount used n interest become 0 again.Most banks will calculate interest on a daily basis . You can withdraw all the money you put in the od anytime if the needs arise.Some bank are offering free legal fees etc.. regards tony..
muthammah11

dc
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:03:30 AM by tonykpk »

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 07:58:49 AM »
Thanks to all the bros on the advice. Appreciates thats.

Reasons I asked the question is that I have retired and have no solid income to 'qualify' for a bank loan....

I am in view to dispose my current properties and need an upgrading.....

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 12:46:00 PM »
DC, If your children is working you can still get a loan with a joint ownership with them.  regards tony..

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 02:10:40 PM »
if fully furnish is earsier for you then ok lor....
the other way is get a unit now and pay rm100k to ID to do everything for u...

besides that u can consider slightly further, bkt jalil, bdr sri permaisuri... better access...

end of old klang road, beside the jln puchong u hv another development, right side towards pj, next to police station also u have a project call Ben10  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

sorry, its benteng8
www.benteng8.com.my

For a moment there I really thought it was the cartoon character "Ben 10" as the title launch.  ;D

Same!!! Mortgage mean u charge ur property for financing !

New doesn't mean it is no good correct
Old doesn't mean it is good...

But like many products, gd n reputable normally deliver... They can't afford to fail!
New one need to proof their worth!!!

Gd n bad just too general to describe a property
Location, access, actual driving distance n time, pleasure in driving (road condition),
Workmanship, quality of finishing, deliver time, sales service, after sales service...n facilities, maintenance team, security, service charges

N nowadays property move to another level
Environment building, community building, lifestyle offered, energy save, suatainable design, status offered....

Yes, agreed with the above comments.
Good, old, established developer normally deliver the goods to customer satisfatction.
New one doesn't mean no good but some may take time to established themselves.
Some developer (sounds like "Dalam"), even though old, delivers sub-standard property, to my knowledge. But this company no more active in the market at this time I think.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:15:31 PM by Watchnewby »

Offline dpkong

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »
DC, If your children is working you can still get a loan with a joint ownership with them.  regards tony..

Let them sort out their own financials. I'd say liquidate your properties and then get a small place for you and the Mrs. Don't expect children these days to live with their parents.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 09:01:52 PM »
Thanks to tony & dpkong for the advice...

Me and my the other half are on our own as of now......and looking forward to a more relaxing environment.

dc

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »
David,
Good luck on your hunt for a cosy nest for two.

As for me, staying in Puchong Kinrara was OK with the logistic of my two "monkees" age below 10 going to school and kindergarten. That is why I moved here from Rahman Putra, Sg Buloh.

The properties surrounding OKR is, IMHO, convenient - very near to basic amenities like banks, entrance/exit to some major highways, good "makan" places etc.

Offline TheGr8One

• Freshie
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 06:39:42 AM »
Good morning guys,
Any other good and newly launched/soon to be launch Commercial lots on this stretch?

Cheers.