Author Topic: Ball Watch Roadshow at Bangsar Village  (Read 11045 times)

Offline frank

• Freshie
Ball Watch Roadshow at Bangsar Village
« on: October 19, 2009, 10:24:37 AM »
hi guys, am new member here and would like to share that a Ball Watch roadshow is going to held at Bangsar Village Shopping Center. Anybody interested in Ball watch? I've recently visited their web site www.ballwatch.com. They are famous in self powered luminous gas tube which will stand bright in total darkness at least 25 years WITHOUT absorb any solar power... that's amazing..

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: Ball Watch Roadshow at Bangsar Village
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »
hi guys, am new member here and would like to share that a Ball Watch roadshow is going to held at Bangsar Village Shopping Center. Anybody interested in Ball watch? I've recently visited their web site www.ballwatch.com. They are famous in self powered luminous gas tube which will stand bright in total darkness at least 25 years WITHOUT absorb any solar power... that's amazing..

hi, welcome to the forum...
finally seeing some1 asking bout ball watch here....

ball  watch is definitely a brand that gain his popularity well in the past few yrs in US and asia country....
with the rich history..... ( actually just a rebuild brand.... but the boss, a former banker did that very well and all the watch design are develop from rail road watches.... which is an essential path of mechanical watch development in US)

because of its popularity, the used value is good as well..... and u can see it never stay at pre owned watch shop for more than a week...

in terms of finishes quality... its better than alot of other brand in his category...
in terms of technology its beat the same level competitor...
in terms of design.... this is subjective so i wont commend....
in terms of value for the money you pay for.... it was one of the value 3 yrs ago.... (because of good business, price increase alot for the past few yrs... )

the highlight of the watch is the h3 / tritium gas tube... its not new technology... it was used in US military watches for yrs....
but ball successfully further develop it and market it with the swiss counter part in recent yrs....

instead of buying O**S, T*G, T*SS*T.... the original swiss brand....
i'll prefer ball.... this is personal... because for same amount of money....
i get
1) tritium technology
2) good water resistant in all ball watches (all screw in crown....  u wont get this in non divers series of O, T , T...
3) good shock resistant ( this is lack in all other brands)
4) anti magnetic (not the best in the industry... but it still better than other similar range competitor)
5) low temperature still function oil ( i prefer use layman term here...)
6) on par or better finishing (ball is superior in case finishing... put it engineer hydrocarbon series watches side by side with other brand at same range u 'll know what i mean... the solid feel, the polishing on edges, the mix of brush n polish finishing in bracelet, the buckle )

so my advice... if u like the design.... GO for it... u wont regret...

personally beside ball... at same or less amount of money.... u can also consider german brand....
and if u want to be different... some internet brand are also an option....
but pls do some studies before u go into internet brand....

Offline frank

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 02:58:26 PM »
hi yen,

thanks for your explaination on the ball watch... u seems not only a watch lovers but enthusiasm.. amazed on ur knowledge and market analysis.. personally i' like their trainmaster series, especially the cleveland express.. do you own one?

anyhow u mentioned about the german brand beside the ball watch.. which one do you refered to??

cheers..

Offline lilpronaz

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 03:20:37 PM »
I like the engineer series. Quality is good and IMO, it's value for money.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 03:29:59 PM »
hi yen,

thanks for your explaination on the ball watch... u seems not only a watch lovers but enthusiasm.. amazed on ur knowledge and market analysis.. personally i' like their trainmaster series, especially the cleveland express.. do you own one?

anyhow u mentioned about the german brand beside the ball watch.. which one do you refered to??

cheers..

i never own a ball trainmaster series watch....
i owned a engineer hydrocarbon classic ii.... bought new.... after wearing 2 yrs... sold it at few hundred lost.... (can u imagine how little u loose for a watch? it retain better value than a rolex on ratio)
that also i sold it to a pre owned shop.... if i were to sell it online... probably i'll loose less.....
u know wat? the pre owned shop sold it in couple of days....that means it is very very popular in malaysia

my story start when i was once impressed very much with the first fireman version... simple design but packed with all the high technical specification and it only cost u rm2k for a leather strap version after discount.... tritium tube, eta 2824 movement, 316l case, 100m wr, 5000gs shock resistant... at same price u get nothing of this from t*g and o**s....
if i buy that.... (malaysia is one of the best place to buy watches... huge discount) now i can actually make some bucks after wearing for 4 yrs. its discontinue.... especially 1st batch with 3 different color tritium tube....

now i'm considering a pre owned engineer hydrocarbon chrono.... i believe i wont loose even 1 cent after i wear it for yrs!

as for the german watch
if u r looking for

dress watch and similar price range -
stowa (marine and antea series ),

nomos (slightly higher price),

the seiko 6r15 series
** Sorry Chris, i have to remove this picture because it's clearly stated it's copyright to another forum. **

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:17:50 AM by scottchung1128 »

Ho

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 08:55:09 PM »
I like the Fireman Storm Chaser, tried on the real piece on the road show, heavy and solid.
If the back of the watch is transparence that will be perfect.

Offline frank

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »
hi ho,

good to hear that you tried the storm chaser. Reason being the case back not transparent is that the watch is equipped with an antimagnetic soft iron inner jacket that consists of a back plate and ring surrounding the movement and the dial. This special alloy, reinforced by the shape of the inner case, prevents magnetic fields from penetrating as far as the movement and having an adverse affect of its accuracy.

You may ask what does 'antimagnetic' means? The existing standard is defined: An antimagnetic mechanical watch does not stop when exposed to a magnetic field of 4800 A/m and subsequently does not deviate by more than 30 seconds per day.

Hope the above info is suffice.. Enjoy!

Offline sshark

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 03:01:28 PM »
A chemistry question touching on soft iron mentioned in previous replies. I googled it and didn't get a satifactory answer. What is soft iron made of? Pure Fe?

Thanks.

Offline frank

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 03:44:20 PM »
sorry, i've not gone to that extend... as far as i know is a corrosion-resistant ferritic stainless steel material.. perhaps our members here could answer your question..

Offline basky

2nd ball watches
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 10:15:49 AM »
Guys,
I am new to MWf. M seriously interested in ball watches esp engineer hydrocarbon choronograph. I wonder if there are shops / individuals out there who deal with the 2nd ball watches. Passion in Singapore has the ball watches but taken in a couple of days. Ball watches are simply awesome

Regards

Offline Samajaya168

• ^_^
Re: 2nd ball watches
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 04:18:59 PM »
Guys,
I am new to MWf. M seriously interested in ball watches esp engineer hydrocarbon choronograph. I wonder if there are shops / individuals out there who deal with the 2nd ball watches. Passion in Singapore has the ball watches but taken in a couple of days. Ball watches are simply awesome

Regards

r u fr m'sia? if yes then there is plenty of pre-owned shop in KL havin baallls  :Laughing_on_floor:
AP - 15710
ROLEX - 116710
FM - GPG 9900
PANERAI - PAM 00000
CHOPARD - 168457-3005
ZENITH - 03.2430.3000/21.C738
SINN - Art-Nr. 1020.040
TISSOT - T066.427.17.047.00
OMEGA - 1513.30.00 (TRADED)
IWC -  IW500703 (TRADED)

Offline basky

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 06:40:35 PM »
Thanks samajaya,
I am from Malaysia though m not residing in Kl but northen state. I would appreciate more if you could point me some location as well as the shops having these beautiful ball watches.

Offline azzamov

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 07:31:23 PM »
I like the Fireman Storm Chaser, tried on the real piece on the road show, heavy and solid.
If the back of the watch is transparence that will be perfect.

I owned the Fireman Storm Chaser...and really satisfied with my purchase  :thumbsup:
Planning to get my second Ball - Engineer Hydrocarbon Spacemaster...

Offline Samajaya168

• ^_^
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 12:19:46 PM »
nice balls, i almost got d Diver TMT but at last decided on Sinn U2  :laugh:
AP - 15710
ROLEX - 116710
FM - GPG 9900
PANERAI - PAM 00000
CHOPARD - 168457-3005
SINN - Art-Nr. 1020.040
IWC -  IW500703 (TRADED)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 07:09:27 PM »

then u wont be able to tell the temperature....
u wont b able to read the time in dark!
some more now is bola season.... better get a ball, then u can show off your bola while watching bola, especially in pub!

Offline Samajaya168

• ^_^
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 10:46:29 AM »

then u wont be able to tell the temperature....
u wont b able to read the time in dark!
some more now is bola season.... better get a ball, then u can show off your bola while watching bola, especially in pub!

nice 1, luckily im not a bola sepak fanatic but nite mission 2 find bola in pub then tats another posible story  :mooning:
AP - 15710
ROLEX - 116710
FM - GPG 9900
PANERAI - PAM 00000
CHOPARD - 168457-3005
SINN - Art-Nr. 1020.040
IWC -  IW500703 (TRADED)

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator