Author Topic: Gentle "no scratch" watch service centre anyone? Please share.  (Read 4049 times)

Offline bimmerman

• Dating for unattached relationships
I've tried a few reputable shops recently and my watches came back from servicing with additional scratches. Noting major but new marks nonetheless. I'm very meticulous when it comes to caring for my watches and I wear my watches on rotation so all of my watches don't bear any marks made by me unless I bought it used and if there are new scratches I recognise it immediately. I guess it's OCD on my part.

My intention is not to name and shame but i'm just looking for a service centre that won't scratch my cherished watches so if you have had your watches serviced recently and they came back without any new scratches or if your know of a watchmaker who is extra gentle please do recommend the shop to me as I have some watches due for servicing.

Many thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 03:03:22 PM by bimmerman »

Offline dexson

Re: Gentle "no scratch" watch service centre anyone? Please share.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 05:02:36 PM »
I feel you and Im interested in knowing as well.
Following this thread....

Offline Dan95

• Freshie
Re: Gentle "no scratch" watch service centre anyone? Please share.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 05:12:27 PM »
I've tried a few reputable shops recently and my watches came back from servicing with additional scratches. Noting major but new marks nonetheless. I'm very meticulous when it comes to caring for my watches and I wear my watches on rotation so all of my watches don't bear any marks made by me unless I bought it used and if there are new scratches I recognise it immediately. I guess it's OCD on my part.

My intention is not to name and shame but i'm just looking for a service centre that won't scratch my cherished watches so if you have had your watches serviced recently and they came back without any new scratches or if your know of a watchmaker who is extra gentle please do recommend the shop to me as I have some watches due for servicing.

Many thanks in advance.
Reckon you could PM the name of the watchmaker? Been sending a couple of watches here and there...