Author Topic: Malaysia Watch Forum 5th Anniversary GTG Report  (Read 29065 times)

Offline swleong

Re: Malaysia Watch Forum 5th Anniversary GTG Report
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2014, 06:31:25 PM »
what a wonderful gtg  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 06:32:38 AM »
I have a wonderful night....

Thank you all who came

Nvr molest so many watches in a night...

See u guys again next year !

Pheew........luckily quite a number of PAMs turned up for the event, including a very cool looking anti-magnetic titanium PAM 389 belonging to Sean's friend, otherwise Chris may blame me for their poor turnout and ban me from the 2015 gathering. ;D ;D

Offline gucciposh

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 07:36:42 AM »
Great food, great watches, great ambience + quite romantic place for watch molesting session!  :Laughing_on_floor:

Besides that, the identity of gucciposh is finally BUSTED!  :HammerHead:

Congrats to 'Sherlock Holmes' in MWF...u guys done your research very very well  ;D
Of course women don't work as hard as men cos they always get it right for the first time :-p

Offline llcj

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 08:13:46 AM »
Nice meeting u all and thank you guys especially the Mods for ur efforts.

Thank u also to bro Hanz and Donald for the drinks. u should be the guests while coming to KL. So come again and be a guest and let me repay, ok?  :Cheers:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 09:04:54 AM »
Finally got to upload some pics.

Lighting is not optimum but it will have to do.

Zenith Montre D'Aeronef Type 20 GMT... at 48mm... it dwarfs the IWC Big Pilot, but surprisingly wearable.

PAM422... huge at 47mm... A tough one to pull off.

5513... Awesome condition... Would love to go vintage one day... but it's a minefield out there... so will stay a modernist at the moment...  ;D

Richard Mille, one thing I noticed is how small it was.
In pictures it always looked huge.
Cool watch.

MWF 1st Project watch. Bronze and patina-ed...

Pam 389 Ceramic Submersible.
Hefty watch with an equally hefty price tag.
Kudos to the Sabahan owner...  :Cheers:

Some Nomos in the house!!

An AP ROO Diver.
Awesome watch in the flesh!

1st time trying on a 46mm Bell n Ross.
Abit too big for my taste but in 3rd person view, it looks good. Weird... hehehe

Another 1st for me as well molesting Grand Seikos.
With limited knowledge about Grand Seikos, I have some trouble appreciating the katana finishing.

The watch that gets alot of attention.
The Landmaster.
Something about this watch just screams attention.
Very cool watch for the price.

Lange... nuff said...  ;D

I was lucky to be able to molest so many watches and listening to the owners experiences and thoughts.
Was better than listening to a sales pitch definitely.

Thanks again to all the participants.  :thumbsup:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline kiamat

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 09:38:59 AM »
great outing with plenty of laughter  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: with all of you especially the new faces  :Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers:

also what a small world to find out that one of mwf member is a friend of my ex-colleague.

my wife likes the project watch 2 and she has more wrist time with it than me  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 11:38:43 AM »
Great food, great watches, great ambience + quite romantic place for watch molesting session!  :Laughing_on_floor:

Besides that, the identity of gucciposh is finally BUSTED!  :HammerHead:

Congrats to 'Sherlock Holmes' in MWF...u guys done your research very very well  ;D

:Laughing_on_floor:hey.... we all actually purposely keep the mystery continue till our 5 anni dinner !  :Laughing_on_floor:
 :Laughing_on_floor:something mystery is always fun, it create more, laughter, fun, attraction, talk topic.....  to the event  :Laughing_on_floor:

i always feel that MWF lack of female members.... as well as half male half female members....

shd we create an session for female watches? can you help us to moderate it?

Offline swleong

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 12:11:02 PM »
more, more, more photos please  :Praying: :Praying: :Praying:

wish to see the faces of the members (with name tag showing who they are as well)  :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:

Offline gucciposh

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2014, 08:08:32 AM »

:Laughing_on_floor:hey.... we all actually purposely keep the mystery continue till our 5 anni dinner !  :Laughing_on_floor:
 :Laughing_on_floor:something mystery is always fun, it create more, laughter, fun, attraction, talk topic.....  to the event  :Laughing_on_floor:

i always feel that MWF lack of female members.... as well as half male half female members....

I do notice that MWF is lack of FEMALE members...we can't just drag them in unless they have passion & obsession with watches just like ehem ehem...ME!  :Laughing_on_floor:
There's no need to create another session for female watches...i prefer to see them 'appear' in this forum instead...we are 'One Malaysia' mah  ;D...i personally think there r alot ladies out there who loves watches but technically they dnt discuss/sharing it around like u guys did.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 08:35:58 AM by chrisyen »
Of course women don't work as hard as men cos they always get it right for the first time :-p

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2014, 08:37:49 AM »

I do notice that MWF is lack of FEMALE members...we can't just drag them in unless they have passion & obsession with watches just like ehem ehem...ME!  :Laughing_on_floor:
There's no need to create another session for female watches...i prefer to see them 'appear' in this forum instead...we are 'One Malaysia' mah  ;D...i personally think there r alot ladies out there who loves watches but technically they dnt discuss/sharing it around like u guys did.

okay....

yes. lot of ladies love watches....

but is it true that ladies love it and appreciate it differently? hence the discussion here do not look attractive for ladies?

Offline Empty Tree 8

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2014, 09:57:50 AM »
Looked like a ton of fun......[note to self] : "make sure you attend next year!"  :Cheers:

Offline gucciposh

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2014, 11:58:34 AM »
okay....

but is it true that ladies love it and appreciate it differently? hence the discussion here do not look attractive for ladies?

Most ladies that i know only love the design + bling bling on their watches and admiring how good it looks on their wrist.  But some do care what kind of movement/engine their watches got and 'pretty' looking watch is an additional bonus!
Maybe that's why we seldom see female members in this forum because the discussion in here is more towards watch mechanical stuff which i have to admit when the 1st time i read it all through, i find it quite boring  :HammerHead:
As for me, i used to collect few quartz watches long time ago but now i'm only interested in automatic movement ones. The HORROR part is when the 'craving' for much nicer watches out there with at least the price of Perodua Viva creeps in! ::)   :o
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:03:59 PM by chrisyen »

Offline swleong

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2014, 04:03:11 PM »
okay....

Most ladies that i know only love the design + bling bling on their watches and admiring how good it looks on their wrist.  But some do care what kind of movement/engine their watches got and 'pretty' looking watch is an additional bonus!
Maybe that's why we seldom see female members in this forum because the discussion in here is more towards watch mechanical stuff which i have to admit when the 1st time i read it all through, i find it quite boring  :HammerHead:
As for me, i used to collect few quartz watches long time ago but now i'm only interested in automatic movement ones. The HORROR part is when the 'craving' for much nicer watches out there with at least the price of Perodua Viva creeps in! ::)   :o

The sign of watch poisoning, please go to see doctor or visit the nearest watch shops...... :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:04:20 PM by chrisyen »

Offline Missgrible

Malaysia Watch Forum 5th Anniversary GTG Report
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2016, 05:59:41 PM »
Great write up Gary, like Alex posted, makes me want to go back there so much

love this