Author Topic: 10 Uses for the Chronograph  (Read 2531 times)

Offline acurusaragon

10 Uses for the Chronograph
« on: July 29, 2011, 12:56:12 PM »
I know that sometimes we never make good use of all the functions that we have on our beloved watches.

Taken from some reading that I made , thought I share it with the forumers here even if some of you have read this. (since i was also sometimes wonder what's the real functions of my chrono watch :)  )

So here it goes :

1. The Stop Watch.
Press the button at the start and again at the stop of any event.

2. Second Time Zone.
Use the hour subdial like a second watch – start precisely when you know hour differences between the two time zones.

3. Appointment Reminder.
Advance the chrono hand to an hour or minute you would like to note. With the hand off its normal 12 o'clock position, you'll again see your appointment time.

4. Quick Glance.
Move the chronograph hand to cover the minute hand. After a workout, for example, look at the new position of the minute hand for quick note of elapsed time.

5. Knotted Handkerchief.
When a great idea springs to mind, hit your chrono start button. Stop after a few seconds. Later, your idea will return to you as you note the odd placement of the chrono hand.

6. Countdown.
Place the chrono hand at a future point in the hour. When the minute hand gets there, your time is up.

7. Two-Timer.
Start the chrono hand precisely when the seconds hand is at 60. The first lap "winner" is stopped with the chronograph button; the second is indicated by the small seconds hand.

8. Recordkeeping.
Activate the chronograph when an event you'd like to recall occurs. Before the end of the hour, subtract the elapsed time and recall precisely when the event occurred.

9. "Crash" Chronograph.
Start the chronograph when you're in a fender-bender accident. You may be the only person able to tell the police precisely when the other car hit yours.

10. Good Luck
Place the chronograph hand on your lucky number – and have a nice day.

I like no 10.  :thumbsup:

-sam

ref: http://www.professionaljeweler.com/archives/articles/1998/may98/0598ts4.html

Offline Laktos Kid

Re: 10 Uses for the Chronograph
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 07:15:16 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline besview

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 09:38:42 PM »
I thot I had enuff at 6 uses... Now got 4 more to consider :thumbsup:

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 02:33:45 AM »
Actually there is another, using chrono to measure the distance by using light relative to sound.
For exp, when u see a flash of lightning START ur chrono, when u hear the sound of thunder STOP the chrono. Every 3 sec represent 1km... let say ur chrono stops at 6sec, means u are 2km from the lightning source  ;)