Author Topic: Suggestions on full grain leather bags?  (Read 9696 times)

Offline kvwong2014

Suggestions on full grain leather bags?
« on: October 30, 2018, 04:12:11 PM »
Can anyone recommend a brand (famous or not isn't an issue) that uses full grain leather for their products? I am looking for a sling bag and duffle bag. I love unknown brands who produce leather goods that can last a lifetime.

Offline engkow

Re: Suggestions on full grain leather bags?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 09:17:31 AM »
You can take a look at Mossimo Dutti

Offline squasub

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 10:59:25 AM »
if money not an issue, go to etsy website, search for leather product, request for customize leather bag. go for chromexcel or shell cordovan leather

Offline ajih

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 10:51:17 AM »
we have plenty of leather crafter here in malaysia.. the quality is very good.. i have customed couple of stuff from our local crafter.. search for malaysia leather craftmen on facebook..

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline kvwong2014

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 01:06:53 PM »
You can take a look at Mossimo Dutti

Thanks for the recommendation. I've checked out their Malaysian website, their sling bags are good, will consider getting them. But they didn't have the kind of carry-on duffle bag that I was looking for.

Offline kvwong2014

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 01:11:08 PM »
if money not an issue, go to etsy website, search for leather product, request for customize leather bag. go for chromexcel or shell cordovan leather

Thanks. But I just want a regular commercially available one for now. I am still unsure of what exact specifications I want my bag to have, so I wouldn't know what I want for a custom one.

Offline kvwong2014

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 01:13:07 PM »
we have plenty of leather crafter here in malaysia.. the quality is very good.. i have customed couple of stuff from our local crafter.. search for malaysia leather craftmen on facebook..

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. Maybe i will get a custom one in the future. But for now, I just want to get one from a store.

Offline areff80

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 05:48:10 AM »
I got mine from Massimo Dutti. I am happy happy with the quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kvwong2014

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 11:10:59 AM »
I got mine from Massimo Dutti. I am happy happy with the quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at their website, all the products look great. But they didn't have any large leather luggage bags.

Offline swleong

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 01:31:16 PM »
Satchel & Page  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have their leather briefcase and love it to bits!

Offline kvwong2014

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 02:52:01 PM »

Wow! I love their Pilot's bag and Gladstone bag. How was your experience purchasing from them? I assume they don't have a physical store in malaysia? If so, how was the delivery? Do these 2 come in black or they only provide brown colours?

Offline swleong

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 08:09:10 AM »

Wow! I love their Pilot's bag and Gladstone bag. How was your experience purchasing from them? I assume they don't have a physical store in malaysia? If so, how was the delivery? Do these 2 come in black or they only provide brown colours?

I only bought 1 briefcase from them before, and was quite an ok experience, however it takes a while for the briefcase to arrive as it is make-to-order, and they will keep you posted on the status as well.

I believed they only offer brown leather, which in my opinion is the best choice for this kind of leather goods, as it will age much better than other colours. Mine has developed some nice patina on some of the stretch area, which I absolutely loving it.

Note: their leather scent is one of the best i have ever experienced, my entire room been filled up with the scent once i unboxed it. :thumbsup:

Offline colnagolover

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2023, 10:06:11 AM »
On this topic you can also consider the singaporean brand Arden Teal - china made but decent quality -  https://ardenteal.com
they make decent bags and i have one from them which end up my daily use bag - they also carry shoes which are quite good (not good year welted but not too bad for use) - wait for their sales - the bag will be worth it
local leather maker - it really depends on the leather and the design and usability of the bag - i don't really find anything nice locally
in the end, it is the material and workmanship - is the key here -

Offline jbboy12

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2023, 09:23:48 PM »
Can try the Longchamp Le Foulonné collection. They have beautiful leather grain bags. Much more affordable than their French counterparts but price point much more competitive.

Offline jayctx

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2023, 05:43:43 PM »
Can consider tumi, Mont lanci or Hugo boss. For more premium would be Louis Vuitton Gucci bottega Veneta.