Author Topic: What is on your wrist today?  (Read 357379 times)

Offline watzisname

Re: What is on your wrist today?
« Reply #250 on: February 18, 2014, 05:18:26 PM »
where do you guys find these vintage watches? online?

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #251 on: February 19, 2014, 05:35:33 AM »
Morning guys ... on GS again.. special n sunshine.

N I do source most of my watch online... and with everything online, great precaution needed.

Offline davidtth

« Reply #252 on: February 19, 2014, 05:49:28 AM »

N I do source most of my watch online... and with everything online, great precaution needed.

this is so nice ! how i wish i could find such mint piece...  :thumbsup:

Offline watzisname

« Reply #253 on: February 19, 2014, 06:59:44 AM »

Can you give some tips and experiences? and where to look?  :) Thanks in advance

Offline utcplus7

• Freshie
« Reply #254 on: February 20, 2014, 02:49:59 PM »
An old 1625 with some shiny new MWF end pieces, received today.

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #255 on: February 24, 2014, 06:22:00 AM »
Gallet n Fly...

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2014, 07:10:21 AM »
Heuer bund repaired n nato...

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2014, 07:22:45 AM »
Several of your vintages really makes me envious...this Heuer bund being one of them. :thumbsup:
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #258 on: February 25, 2014, 05:19:00 PM »
Several of your vintages really makes me envious...this Heuer bund being one of them. :thumbsup:
Thanks Joseph, for your kind words. Your collection has left me drooling. .... :Cheers:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #259 on: February 26, 2014, 07:30:36 AM »
Heuer bund repaired n nato...

happy that you can have this on your wrist again.
its look cool with the leather nato
having such beautiful vintage watch at this condition is awesome !

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #260 on: February 26, 2014, 10:13:18 AM »
happy that you can have this on your wrist again.
its look cool with the leather nato
having such beautiful vintage watch at this condition is awesome !
Thanks a lot Chris, your Sifu did a great job on this poor guy... ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 01:45:35 PM by chrisyen »

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #261 on: February 27, 2014, 05:15:19 AM »
British n Jam.... with ol smiths on North south highway...

Offline sniperontheroof

• Freshie
« Reply #262 on: February 27, 2014, 11:25:53 AM »
British n Jam.... with ol smiths on North south highway...

Simply gorgeous

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #263 on: March 01, 2014, 11:41:53 AM »
Rolex daytona "Paul Newman" NOT... Just the poor cousin Vulcain "Paul Newman" Look alike.. :laugh: Anyway, I found it harder to look for this Vulcain on sale than the highly priced Paulie Daytona...

This is all I get from the web..  from our good friend Hodinkee :
http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/reminder-hodinkee-pop-up-at-haberdash-this-weekend

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #264 on: March 01, 2014, 04:45:37 PM »
KK oh KK,
where do you find all these gems?
and how do you filter out the dodgy deals from the genuine ones..
I have never bought anything from ebay or overseas coz of too many horror stories..
But looking at all the gems you found from online, there must be some secret or due diligence possible…

love this latest Vulcain.. care to share more like which year of manufacture, what calibre, any stories abt this model..
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline llcj

« Reply #265 on: March 01, 2014, 05:22:40 PM »
Well, haven't been posting for sometime now, but here it comes, my DRSD Mark iii.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #266 on: March 01, 2014, 05:39:10 PM »
wow… this is one 'holy mama sweet jesus' double red sea dweller …..never thought a Rolex could do that to me..my eyes actually popped when i saw this..

can you share a bit more on the history, calibre, how you got it, etc.

Recently quite a few of the newer MWF members have surfaced and been sharing on MWF Vintage section, absolutely honking vintages which are superbly unique and downright criminally tempting (meaning it raises sinful feelings of 'Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife.. oops i mean watch' )

I wish you guys such as  llcj, rainbowfix, 1to12, Tyler, etc (my apologies for leaving out names of some others with honking vintages too, as I'm trying to remember off the cuff all those vintage guys) would be able to attend a gtg to show us all these gorgeous babies… I'll be honored to organize it for you all….Mother of All Vintage Gathering 2014
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:15:02 PM by JOS2012 »

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #267 on: March 01, 2014, 09:28:57 PM »
wow… this is one 'holy mama sweet jesus' double red sea dweller …..never thought a Rolex could do that to me..my eyes actually popped when i saw this..

Recently quite a few of the newer MWF members have surfaced and been sharing on MWF Vintage section, absolutely honking vintages which are superbly unique and downright criminally tempting (meaning it raises sinful feelings of 'Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife.. oops i mean watch' )

I wish you guys such as  llcj, rainbowfix, 1to12, Tyler, etc (my apologies for leaving out names of some others with honking vintages too, as I'm trying to remember off the cuff all those vintage guys) would be able to attend a gtg to show us all these gorgeous babies… I'll be honored to organize it for you all….Mother of All Vintage Gathering 2014

yeah... i too excited seeing more hidden dragon coming out...
a vintage gathering 2014.... get it fixed on may or june 14 !

Offline h.chang

« Reply #268 on: March 02, 2014, 09:59:22 AM »

My 1948 Steel Rolex Bubble back automatic on my wrist today. Would love to join any future vintage GTG.

Offline llcj

« Reply #269 on: March 02, 2014, 01:27:51 PM »

yeah... i too excited seeing more hidden dragon coming out...
a vintage gathering 2014.... get it fixed on may or june 14 !

Thanks bro Jos & Chris for ur compliments. I am certainly no hidden dragon or not even to collector level, just an ordinary watch enthusiast with an increasing love for the vintage watch world. I think it should be a natural progression for watch lovers to evolve from modern watch lovers to vintage ones, or at least that’s what happened in my case! But in the process I do found that the vintage scene here is still far behind, so may the real tigers&dragons and collectors come out and we can then share our passions. And sure, would love to join the vintage GTG 2014 and learn from you guys.

As for your questions, I am afraid my answers will disappoint you. I do not know the history of this piece (if this is what u r asking) as I bought from a dealer, not direct from owner. And how I got it? Quite simple, just ask people to source for me and wait patiently with the funds ready. Once it shows up then just pull the trigger (it may take months of waiting). It is not easy to find good vintages here so have to go abroad. Btw this piece is gotten from the US. 
Calibre wise, I think all 1665s are using 1570 (some people call 1575 because it is with date) movement, until changing to the transitional model 16660 which is using the 3035 movement.

I love this particular piece because of its colourings. The patina may not be strong but it’s consistent and lovely. The bezel has faded into a blueish grey color, which is quite unique. Also the dial has a bit of tropical effect too. It was just love at first sight...  And since I cannot afford Mk.1 or Mk.2, Mk.3 would be the best choice. And why this model? the DRSD is one of the iconic Rolex vintage sports watch. I think thats enough said.

There are plenty of websites with detail info about the 1665, even dedicated site for the double red. So I wont copy and paste what is already available and boring you, and it is already the longest post for me.

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #270 on: March 02, 2014, 06:33:28 PM »

watchManU

Offline dpkong

« Reply #271 on: March 02, 2014, 07:02:04 PM »
Well, haven't been posting for sometime now, but here it comes, my DRSD Mark iii.

If there is a vintage I would acquire, this would be the one.

:thumbsup:

Offline theseira

« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2014, 04:35:57 PM »

If there is a vintage I would acquire, this would be the one.

:thumbsup:

This is very nice  :thumbsup:

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2014, 01:28:10 PM »
Going universal n SUPER. ...

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2014, 04:09:37 PM »
 :thumbsup: another lovely vintage..condition is excellent too

does this have the micro rotor or the bumper movement?