Author Topic: Ceramic bezel on this Daytona?  (Read 4636 times)

Offline yehlai

Ceramic bezel on this Daytona?
« on: January 27, 2019, 08:31:21 PM »
Hi guys, should I keep this black ceramic bezel
or change to any one of the 2 brown bezels below?

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
Re: Ceramic bezel on this Daytona?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 09:08:25 PM »
Hi mate, would you mind sharing how long have you installed the black ceramic bezel, and how are the fonts holding up? I have purchased the same ceramic bezel too and was going to install on my TT Daytona to create a similar look like that of my SS Daytona, and was held back by 2 things :

- watch is still under warranty (but since this was just an external mod, should be alright to switch to and fro if necessary);
- read reviews online that the aftermarket ceramic bezel tend to have the fonts faded off after a longer period of usage.

In any case, your proposed brown bezel looked sharp and ought to further transform your TT Daytona to a more custom look  :thumbsup:

Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline LMN377

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 11:28:25 PM »
How much are they? Considering too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yehlai

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 11:52:45 PM »
Hi mate, would you mind sharing how long have you installed the black ceramic bezel, and how are the fonts holding up? I have purchased the same ceramic bezel too and was going to install on my TT Daytona to create a similar look like that of my SS Daytona, and was held back by 2 things :

- watch is still under warranty (but since this was just an external mod, should be alright to switch to and fro if necessary);
- read reviews online that the aftermarket ceramic bezel tend to have the fonts faded off after a longer period of usage.

In any case, your proposed brown bezel looked sharp and ought to further transform your TT Daytona to a more custom look  :thumbsup:

Hi Andy, I just put it on for 2 days.. as interested to see how it match and fits. Sorry can't comment on how well the fonts will hold up.

Mine is also still under RSC warranty, but like you said  this mod can be easily reversible (need to prepare some spare gasket though)

Actually my main concern is more on the water and humidity resistant of ceramic bezel gasket. YG bezel gasket is different with Ceramic/SS gasket. Don't want to compromise on this.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:01:06 AM by yehlai »

Offline Steen

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 02:00:45 AM »
Would keep the black ceramic bezel - best not to modify the watch especially if any problems such as gasket replacement will affect the value of the watch.