Author Topic: Laser Welding availability in KL?  (Read 4843 times)

Offline Takwee

Laser Welding availability in KL?
« on: December 23, 2014, 08:32:24 PM »
Guys, i have dented my Sub and looking for laser weld service to fix my watch. Just want to know of it's available in Malaysia? A watch shop in Subang quoted RM300 to polish it off, however, the shape of the case will not be the same anymore. Any advice?

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
Re: Laser Welding availability in KL?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 05:31:07 AM »
Your sub is 16610 or older model? Rolex are using 914L steel to make their watch case not the common grade 304 or 316 steel. I hv no idea this laser welding works on 314 or not. I thk best is polish or live with it. Just my 5 cents

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 07:13:57 AM »
Guys, i have dented my Sub and looking for laser weld service to fix my watch. Just want to know of it's available in Malaysia? A watch shop in Subang quoted RM300 to polish it off, however, the shape of the case will not be the same anymore. Any advice?

Unless you can find a guy with a light sabre in KL (like below), maybe you should first bring the watch to RSC. If you think "laser welding" is required on the case to rectify the dent, then it's probably prudent to have the movement examined too.

May the Force be with You.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:22:36 AM by Enkidu »

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 09:25:16 AM »

Unless you can find a guy with a light sabre in KL (like below), maybe you should first bring the watch to RSC. If you think "laser welding" is required on the case to rectify the dent, then it's probably prudent to have the movement examined too.

:Laughing_on_floor: you are so hilarious... May the force with u so u can buy more watches..

Offline harkensng

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 01:09:53 PM »
U sure luke skywalker  can do it??????? :Cheers:  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 03:10:09 PM »

Not Luke Skywalker but his (less well known) padwan.... Lug Steelwelder... :laugh:

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 09:05:08 PM »

Not Luke Skywalker but his (less well known) padwan.... Lug Steelwelder... :laugh:

LOL  :Laughing_on_floor: Or if you want someone more experienced, can try Darth Welder.
"...But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Offline Timeless

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 11:13:00 PM »
 :o good idea

Offline Takwee

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 11:57:31 PM »
Your sub is 16610 or older model? Rolex are using 914L steel to make their watch case not the common grade 304 or 316 steel. I hv no idea this laser welding works on 314 or not. I thk best is polish or live with it. Just my 5 cents

Rolex is actually using 904L. Mine is SubC but to polish it will take out quite some steel as it's a dent not a scratch

Offline Takwee

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 11:59:02 PM »

Well, i did brought it to RSC for checking and luckily the movement & timing is still ok.

Offline iffy38

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 04:27:54 PM »
Guys, i see this thread has stopped for a long time.

Any such service in Malaysia ? A quick google search reveals one in Hong Kong.