Author Topic: My new watch design for Plan Watches - need your opinion!  (Read 4870 times)

Offline trudeau

My new watch design for Plan Watches - need your opinion!
« on: January 23, 2019, 09:25:32 PM »
Hi everyone! Some time ago I already shared with you my previous works for Plan Watches company - Edmonton and Genoa. We're a small group of buddies in vision and with a huge love for vintage watches and retro style, so all of our designs are linked to it one way or another. My designs were based on classic watches appearance and the charming aesthetics of old Italian scooters of the middle of the 20th century.

So here I am, working on the new series of watches. Once again, the main point of the design is something from the past: retro-boating, yachting and preppy outlook. The goal is to reflect the atmosphere of old-fashioned marine motives, combining traditional shapes of vintage wristwatches with the bold minimalist design. To strengthen the feeling, I added an interesting (in my opinion) feature – the wooden layer with the texture that refers to deck ornaments and wood work of old boats. There are also two variations with the disc painted in navy blue. Below you can see some examples from the inspirational mood board to get a grip on what I’m talking about. Because of the theme of the design, we decided to make this watches waterproof :)

Now I want to ask for your opinion once more, guys. I have several designs that I like the most and chances are high that something from this list will end up produced. Please, help me understand which design is more appealing and it would be cool to see some constructive feedback on what you’ve learned about my watches.  Looking forward to hear your opinions!

Please, choose the watch you like and state your vote!

Offline koryong

Re: My new watch design for Plan Watches - need your opinion!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 02:51:30 PM »
When did you share about this before, since this is your first & only post ?

Offline mwfchai

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 05:21:21 PM »
Model 1 and 2

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 06:02:38 PM »

You got him there, that you did  ;D

But on another note, I'll go with 5 and 6  :Cheers:
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline Nickmax

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 07:26:04 PM »
No.1 and no.3 would be my pick

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline trudeau

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 02:30:08 PM »
Thanks for your opinion, guys! Nice to see it :)

Hi, I shared the one of the previous collections I did for here some time ago from another account :) Couldn't restore the password, unfortunately, so I registered once again :Cheers:

Offline canon5dmk

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 11:02:06 AM »
The watch that draws my attention are pic 1 and 5.  It elegant with clean modern aesthetic watch.

Offline derick93

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 04:49:01 PM »
Hi everyone! Some time ago I already shared with you my previous works for Plan Watches company - Edmonton and Genoa. We're a small group of buddies in vision and with a huge love for vintage watches and retro style, so all of our designs are linked to it one way or another. My designs were based on classic watches appearance and the charming aesthetics of old Italian scooters of the middle of the 20th century.

So here I am, working on the new series of watches. Once again, the main point of the design is something from the past: retro-boating, yachting and preppy outlook. The goal is to reflect the atmosphere of old-fashioned marine motives, combining traditional shapes of vintage wristwatches with the bold minimalist design. To strengthen the feeling, I added an interesting (in my opinion) feature – the wooden layer with the texture that refers to deck ornaments and wood work of old boats. There are also two variations with the disc painted in navy blue. Below you can see some examples from the inspirational mood board to get a grip on what I’m talking about. Because of the theme of the design, we decided to make this watches waterproof :)

Now I want to ask for your opinion once more, guys. I have several designs that I like the most and chances are high that something from this list will end up produced. Please, help me understand which design is more appealing and it would be cool to see some constructive feedback on what you’ve learned about my watches.  Looking forward to hear your opinions!

Please, choose the watch you like and state your vote!

Actually 6 is pretty good. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline premiergin88

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 08:23:02 AM »
6. Looks smart.