Visit Malaysia Watch Forum's online store for luxury watches and fine timepieces.

Author Topic: IWC Portugieser Chronograph Edition 150 Years (Ref 371602)  (Read 9737 times)

Offline ethan89

IWC Portugieser Chronograph Edition 150 Years (Ref 371602)
« on: November 09, 2018, 09:59:26 AM »
IWC Portugieser Chronograph Edition 150 Years – Ref 371602. Limited to only 2000 pieces worldwide, announced during SIHH2018 as part of the Jubilee Collection which celebrates the 150th anniversary of IWC Schaffhausen.

Since its debut in 1998, the IWC Portugieser Chronograph has become the most sought-after, the most recognisable, and certainly the best-selling model in the Portugieser family. Apart from being a veritable design success, this watch has acquired cult status for one reason: it hasn’t changed a bit since its inception.

Unlike the old Portugieser Chronograph Ref 3714, the Edition 150 Years Ref 3716 now finished with lacquered dial that do a fine job of evoking the look of enamel (milky smooth surface), with polished baton hands and painted hour numerals.

Typically, Portugieser Chronograph have closed caseback, as they’re powered by a Valjoux 7750 or Sellita SW500 inside the original ref. 3714. This special release is now (finally) equipped with IWC-manufactured in-house movement – calibre 69355. The caliber 69355 is a more noble architecture, with a column-wheel and integrated bidirectional self-winding mechanism. Ticked at 4hz with 46 hours of power reserve and some of the high-wearing components have been made from ceramic, for increased durability.

There is also the attractive visual experience of turning the IWC Portugieser Chronograph case over and looking at the beautiful finished movement which fill most of the caseback, a nice commemorative gold medallion on the skeletonised rotor engraved with “Jubilee Collection 150 Years” insignia (yes and finally, the decorated movement is visible through the sapphire-glass back, never before).

Hands-on review by all well-known reviewers are unanimously positive.
https://monochrome-watches.com/iwc-portugieser-chronograph-edition-150-years-ref-3716-hands-on-sihh-2018-price/
https://www.ablogtowatch.com/iwc-portugieser-chronograph-edition-150-years-watch-iw371602/
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/iwc-jubilee-150th-anniversary-collection-introducing
http://watchesbysjx.com/2018/01/quick-look-the-iwc-portugieser-chronograph-edition-150-years.html
https://timeandtidewatches.com/hands-on-the-iwc-portugieser-chronograph-edition-150-years/

Long story short, IWC most iconic watch, the Portugieser Chronograph is finally come with new dial, new in-house movement and sapphire display caseback but in limited pieces, pre-order at IWC boutique only (fully booked and sold worldwide, there are only 10 pieces being allocated to Malaysia, 5 white and 5 blue, hence, extremely rare and limited), you couldn’t find this model at any authorised dealers.

My reason for selling, I ordered both the white and blue dial, this white dial is initially booked on behalf of my friend, but he bought the IW510212 (Portugieser Hand-wound Eight Days Edition 150 Years) instead. Therefore, and regretfully, this magnificent white dial will be the catch and release pieces from me since I’ve decided to keep the blue one, only.

Letting go this beauty at RM33,500.00, brand new fresh from Schaffhausen, stickered, full set with 2-years IWC international warranty plus 1-year local (MY&SG) warranty, warranty card dated 25 Oct 2018. Slightly negotiable for true IWC lover, fan and collector, plus free gift from boutique will go along with this sale. Trade with equivalent value which mutually agreed upon is discussable and lowballers will not be entertained.

There are only a few pieces listed on Chrono24, price is appreciating and mostly hit 36k to 39k for now, don’t miss the opportunity to own the most sought-after and iconic IWC Jubilee Collection.

For keen buyers, feel free to contact me at o12-9698I96 (Ethan).

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ethan89

Re: IWC Portugieser Chronograph Edition 150 Years (Ref 371602)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 07:21:14 AM »
Keep ‘em offers coming in, this magnificent timepiece deserve more love than just being a safe queen.

Offline ethan89

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 04:31:29 AM »
[BUMP] Watch still available.

Offline ethan89

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 12:22:47 PM »
I’ve decided to do a price revision on this piece, new price RM32,800.00, and you get a pretty much pristine watch with stickers still intact or literally a safe queen to say the least.

You won’t be able to get this cheaper at any pre-owned site or Chrono24.

I’m more than willing to negotiate a deal with a keen buyer, so just WhatsApp me if interested, COD at Puchong / PJ area.

Only a fews copies of this watch have been allocated to our region, don’t miss out to be the one who own this unique timepiece.

Thank you.

Offline ethan89

IWC Portugieser Chronograph Edition 150 Years (Ref 371602)
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 09:02:15 AM »
[UPDATE] Just currently took delivery of the blue dial and my lovely Sale Associate gave me the “bigger version” of the watch box this time around plus more IWC official merchandise.

Decided to keep the small box and letting go the big one simply because the box is too huge, SA said the big box is the correct one though, since there are more place for the “150 years” metal plate.

Therefore, buyer will be getting the big watch box plus an IWC travel watch case (genuine leather, could fit 2 watches and accessories), now with new price of RM32,300.00 to celebrates the upcoming Christmas and New Year festivals.

Kindly contact me at o12-9698I96 (Ethan) for negotiation, COD at Puchong / PJ area.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:03:29 PM by ethan89 »

Offline ethan89

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 05:10:56 AM »
[BUMP] Huge price drop for upcoming Christmas and New Year festival/holiday, RM28,800.00(slightly nego, only for limited period of time).

Got two same watches, this one must go. The asking price now is way below retail and premium is hitting 40K. Best Christmas present for yourself, grab it fast while it last.

Thank you.

Offline ethan89

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 10:43:13 AM »
[BUMP]

Offline ethan89

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 09:44:34 AM »
[BUMP] I’ve got quite a numbers of offers coming from different states and countries, however, due to some bad experiences upon postage of watches, local deal (cod, KL/SEL) will be my first priority.

Again, the white dial must go, kindly contact me for special price.

Thanks.

Offline ethan89

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 01:29:40 PM »
[BUMP]

Offline ethan89

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 12:47:57 PM »
Dear MWF members,

The watch was sold to a nice gentleman, thank you.

Moderator please close the thread please.