Author Topic: Jaeger LeCultre  (Read 52147 times)

Offline rioet

Re: Jaeger LeCultre
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 05:45:08 AM »
totally agreed.

Offline cuffs

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 12:03:01 PM »
JLC are nice...by far one of my favs.
the remake of the '1931' reverso is absolutely lustful ...

Offline beatific

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 01:04:09 PM »
This is my JLC Master Control Reserve De Marche.

Mine is the older version with Caliber 928. Its at a very good size of 37mm (but may be too small for people who like Panerai)

Its one of the more affordable watches in JLC, although being 'affordable' is a relative thing.

Here's a crappy iphone pic:

Here's a pic stolen from the net.

Offline dsiewmy

• Merchants
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 01:14:31 PM »
This is my JLC Master Control Reserve De Marche.

Mine is the older version with Caliber 928. Its at a very good size of 37mm (but may be too small for people who like Panerai)

Its one of the more affordable watches in JLC, although being 'affordable' is a relative thing.

Here's a crappy iphone pic:

Here's a pic stolen from the net.

nice pics, the JLC RDM is one of my top favourites out there.
but dunno why, i love it and all but never dived into getting one. wonder why...

Offline rioet

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 03:18:16 PM »
mayb as per earlier mentioned, 37mm is really a bit small for adult. mostly male watch all start from 40mm at least. myself wont wan to buy a 37mm dia watch coz is really too small.

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 03:31:18 PM »
@rioet  so you think that the classic men size 36mm is girly? Rolex datejust bezel size is 36mm.. seems more like you have no confidence and hafta jump on the big watch train... I don't mind Panerai etc but ppl who dont get good old sizes might be trying to compensate for something  ::)
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 05:25:26 PM »
not all wrists can pull off a small watch bro. its all down to the wrist size. honestly until big watches came along, i couldnt wear the classic size due to my massive wrist so i can just look on with envy. Now i can join the ride.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 06:42:52 AM »
True that bro :)
But as mainly in2 vintage watches i take it personal when classic sizes are called girly  ;D

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 09:35:25 AM »
small watches girly?!

never knew Frank is a girl..

Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline beatific

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 10:59:12 AM »
Personally, I think Asian size is about 35-39mm.

45mm Panerai size is comical on a thin wrist, which is what most asians have.

I read it somewhere, when the Patek Phillipe CEO was asked why don't they make large sizes like 42mm,
he said that, i'm paraphrasing, that they want to make watches that will look good even when you are an old man.

End of the day, timeless and classic design wins, because that's what you will be wearing when you're old.

With that in mind, its really funny looking at an old man wearing a 45mm Panerai,
compared to him wearing a very distinguished looking Rolex datejust.

Btw, today, I'm wearing a very girly Vintage Solid Gold Universal Geneve Uni-Compax in 37mm.  :D

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:22:57 AM by beatific »

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 11:53:49 AM »
woah i really envy you guys able to pull off such watches. For me the only datejust i can wear is the datejust II as the datejust on my wrist would be a bit obscure. Nothing against small watches. Only point i want to state is that different watches cater for different customers. Thats why not all watches are 44mm and not all are 36mm. Imagine if the ex-governator wore a datejust. Luckily he has the option of the 60mm egiziano. By the way i have a 7 and a half inch wrist.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:06:09 PM by GMAC88 »
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline rioet

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 02:11:07 PM »
@rioet  so you think that the classic men size 36mm is girly? Rolex datejust bezel size is 36mm.. seems more like you have no confidence and hafta jump on the big watch train... I don't mind Panerai etc but ppl who dont get good old sizes might be trying to compensate for something  ::)

i nvr mention 36mm is girly. i juz said this size is abit too small and it is my personal point of view. there is nothing to do with confident.

Offline rioet

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 02:14:25 PM »
I read it somewhere, when the Patek Phillipe CEO was asked why don't they make large sizes like 42mm,
he said that, i'm paraphrasing, that they want to make watches that will look good even when you are an old man.

a good quote, i like this alot. big size watch really not fit when u get older. but i personally think 40mm will b juz nice no matter wat age.

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 03:08:44 PM »
I am wearing a girly size seiko diver watch too....

Smaller watch is somehow more comfotable than big fat watch unless it made up of titanium or carbon fiber.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 03:36:52 PM »
HA ha...now that you mentoned girly (no offence to anyone) I, too have had a 37mm zenith and my sinn is 38.5mm...........

Big watch like pam is uncomfortable to me, but then I have tried on a titanium (pam - daylight), the other day and I like it.....how??

Its not a matter of girly / manly perception. Its just that what you wear is utmost comfortable to oneself.IMHO.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 07:03:09 PM »
I think I went into a somewhat girly tantrum hehe :)

Offline Sheng

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2011, 11:28:26 AM »
rioet: i agree with you, we need more JLC "ambassadors" locally, but have to not think about reselling it. sigh, need to have sufficient funds to maintain a good collection.

Offline cuoreboy

• Freshie
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2011, 12:45:27 AM »
is depends on ur wrist size i have 38mm up to 44mm watch ... :D

Panerai mostly young ppl will like it my uncle plan to buy watch i recommend him Panerai his wrist also not that small 44mm might suite him
but after he test it say like cartoon hahah at last buy a Rolex Datejust old man mostly like small elegant n classic watch
this i really agree :Laughing_on_floor:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:49:52 AM by cuoreboy »

Offline woodykids

• Freshie
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2011, 10:37:41 AM »
cool stuff

Offline MadZiZ

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2011, 05:37:09 AM »
It all boils down to the personal taste of the user. Some like it hot while others say naay and like it cold. No two minds will think alike....... :mooning: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Ryan

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 07:43:56 PM »
How much is the entry price for JLC?? been seeing this brand but have no guts to walk in until i know i can afford  :angel:

Offline ascending_lights

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
Hi everyone! Let's revive this topic a little.

Jaeger-LeCoultre watches start just below RM20k after discounts in the xx+% range. Entry level would be the basic Master Control. JLC is one of the very, very few manufacturer's that make (very nearly) everything in-house and in the past, have supplied movements to the big three - PP, VC and AP, among others.

That said, quite a few watch enthusiasts are of the opinion that JLC and Lange are the closest things to the "holy trinity" up there. Of course, there are also those that think Breguet et al. And there are the independants - Journe, Greubel-Forsey, Speake-Marin, etc.

IMHO, it's probably the best value-for-money watch (along with Girard Perregaux) today. All their watches come with in-house movements, and you're not going to be getting a Panerai, IWC, etc with equivalent-finished / quality manufacture movements at these prices. No, they have very little resale value, so it's always a good deal if you could pick up a good, used one with papers and box =)

Just my two cents. Now if only someone would start a Glashutte Original thread......
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:05:29 PM by ck77 »

Offline lcncloud9

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2011, 12:17:46 AM »
Will the real JLC ownders please stand up  :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:

Ookok... stand up  ;D

These 2 photos found in my laptop.. took it sometimes back  ;)
front..

back..

this piece is darn classic!!!! beautiful!

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2012, 07:56:15 AM »
Nett after discount is from RM 20K to > RM 1.5 Million.

How much is the entry price for JLC?? been seeing this brand but have no guts to walk in until i know i can afford  :angel:
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline gloomis

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2012, 08:10:43 AM »
servicing cost oso 4 figures onwards....  :Laughing_on_floor: