Poll

What do you think about this brand - DANIEL WELLINGTON?

Nah...
64 (87.7%)
Yeh!!!
9 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: DANIEL WELLINGTON  (Read 37829 times)

Offline Yoda

Re: DANIEL WELLINGTON
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 06:38:15 AM »
Some pictures

"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline Geneve

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 09:51:04 AM »
I'm 90s but I'm not keen of fashion watch. Can't be deny, friends around me and other young people really like DW.
If want me buy fashion watch, I will only look at Guess Collection. ;D

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 05:15:11 PM »
 I keep thinking about denzel washington.... Awesome actor. I bet those buyer dont buy because of him...
2 handful of Stowas, 4 Makara and 4 HMT...
https://www.instagram.com/hidden830726

Offline GTH

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2015, 11:12:00 AM »
Have you guys been to their website to find out who the heck Daniel Wellington actually is?
One truckload of total cockadooldle bull faeces. I have a strong feeling it's a China/Taiwan/HK company with a strong creative team to market this brand.
Design is sleek, gentlemanly and decent. Honestly an attractive looking watch if you don't look into the details.
That being said, everything might be china made.
Very rich backers to start the brand and then mass market it like this. Create a hispter gentleman hype that the hipsters will gullible enough to buy into without any due dilligence.
Pfft..
The only Wellington i know are Pua Chu Kang boots.
I tell my friends this, it's made in China, marketed in a western country. It's a quartz.
Spend a little more for a Tissot Classic or a nice Mido.
Each handmade watch is sold with part of the watchmakers soul. The effort to make the watch perfectly flawless like a gem, takes a lot of the watchmakers concentration. You pay for the "Loving attention" they give to each movement and watch.

Offline hansrayney

• Freshie
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2015, 11:47:23 AM »
Yeah all of my friends are 'all over' DW.
They think its a classy brand based on its 'classy' name.
And well, the price of course.
But i guess most people go for a watch just based on the looks, right?

A man's watch is a very cherished thing. You steal that, you might as well be stealing his soul.

Offline GTH

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2015, 12:11:33 PM »

Put a fancy sounding name, take a few good social media pictures with a hipster model, preferably a person with short sleeves, artistic tattoo full sleeve, a beard, classic round sun-glasses, and maybe a cup of coffee or latte in the picture. And you've got a hit with the young buyers. A gwailo sounding name like Hans Rayney could sell well  :thumbsup:
Each handmade watch is sold with part of the watchmakers soul. The effort to make the watch perfectly flawless like a gem, takes a lot of the watchmakers concentration. You pay for the "Loving attention" they give to each movement and watch.

Offline hansrayney

• Freshie
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2015, 12:30:10 PM »

Put a fancy sounding name, take a few good social media pictures with a hipster model, preferably a person with short sleeves, artistic tattoo full sleeve, a beard, classic round sun-glasses, and maybe a cup of coffee or latte in the picture. And you've got a hit with the young buyers. A gwailo sounding name like Hans Rayney could sell well  :thumbsup:

LOL!
Now that you put it that way, i may just produce my own line of watches!  ;D
A man's watch is a very cherished thing. You steal that, you might as well be stealing his soul.

Offline GTH

• Freshie
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2015, 02:36:38 PM »

LOL!
Now that you put it that way, i may just produce my own line of watches!  ;D

Count me in, i have a bunch of guys who do branding, marketing, sales, events, logistics, and technical. hahaha

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 07:28:11 PM »
Actually, the design is fine, typical minimalist design, nothing wrong with quartz too, hongkong, or china doesnt matter too, but I just hope ppl (particularly youngster these days) dont buy for the sick of trend and hear say. If its good for you, then buy. Cannot tahan with DW show off. :-D

Offline Clicko

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 11:37:45 PM »
You don't need to spend money on DW. Go to Guardian pharmacy and buy Vaseline lotion and you may win one of the 50 sets of couple watch worth more than 1k. Good luck!  ;D

Offline Nobby

• Freshie
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2015, 06:30:46 AM »
My colleague asked me about this brand and as a fellow wis, I have a hard time telling him my opinion on this watch, maybe I just need to be honest but tactful.

I hear you Hidden, I have the same dilemma with a guy wearing a Grand Seiko in the office.  ::)

Ps. If you/they like the DW then go with it. To get the max from your timepiece you want it, like it or need it and I couldn't care less what the brand is...Go with it and care less what people think or say  :thumbsup:

pps. I am off to buy a Daniel Wellington...

Nobby

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2015, 08:02:04 AM »
I hear you Hidden, I have the same dilemma with a guy wearing a Grand Seiko in the office.  ::)

Nobbyyyyy......hey Nobbyyyyyy....Are you there? Guess what I'm wearing today... :laugh:

;D ;D ;D

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2015, 08:17:33 AM »
IMO,

With 700k Instagram follower a lot effort put into the social media marketing and focuses on "Lifestyle" rather than watchmaking just sip in the market with price range of RM500+ where majority brand at this price range is not having such a strong identity and marketing effort like DW (excluding G shock).

This is what the direction they heading to: hot guy and pretty girl enjoying their own time wearing a DW...so if you strap on a DW, then...

without appearing in the major watch chain store or shopping mall in Malaysia but I still can spot one or two DW in the wild in a daily basis (at klcc area). Have to agree that they penetrated the market silently yet is doing a good job  :o

Just a question, does anyone: be he or she is your friend of relative that you know of is wearing or owns a DW?  for me the answer is YES
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 08:21:20 AM by TJWN »

Offline Nobby

• Freshie
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2015, 10:52:01 AM »

Nobbyyyyy......hey Nobbyyyyyy....Are you there? Guess what I'm wearing today... :laugh:

Enkidu - enjoy  :Cheers:

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2015, 12:49:03 PM »
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm waiting for a replica of this... it'll save me tonnes! :P

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2015, 07:28:39 PM »
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm waiting for a replica of this... it'll save me tonnes! :P

Hmm, maybe made from same factory, so no replica  :Cheers:

Offline vtecdiehard

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2015, 07:30:56 PM »
Simplicity at its best. Would say good marketing by their team to get the branding up...
Living the life to fullest

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2015, 07:31:32 PM »
According to my fren, facebook darling with fans >10k will get a free dw, but need to post their pics wearing them. Not sure if its true. My fb page only 3.5k, so I dont get free :-))

Offline wingzee

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2015, 11:59:21 AM »
DW? Just another boutique brand like Guess and the rest to me. Would pay the same amount of $ for a automatic Seiko anytime. At least that justifies the money I spent.

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2015, 03:58:55 PM »
DW? Just another boutique brand like Guess and the rest to me. Would pay the same amount of $ for a automatic Seiko anytime. At least that justifies the money I spent.

For general ppl, seiko is too normal, dw seems / perceived special and luxury.  :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:

Offline wingzee

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2015, 04:38:30 PM »

For general ppl, seiko is too normal, dw seems / perceived special and luxury.  :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:

All marketing gimmick. Can get Manuel Neuer to endorse for the brand somemore.  ???

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2015, 07:13:25 PM »

All marketing gimmick. Can get Manuel Neuer to endorse for the brand somemore.  ???

But for discussion sick, many brands spend alot on marketing too.....  Including those famous brands....

Offline wingzee

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2015, 07:05:48 AM »

But for discussion sick, many brands spend alot on marketing too.....  Including those famous brands....

It all boils down to each's individual preference anyway. For myself, just do not see a point paying over RM500 for a watch with quartz movement although I have to agree the watch looks good with the slim rose gold case.

Offline Ian Fleming

• Freshie
  • "Don't Play The Fool" - The Late Sir Karpal Singh
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2015, 09:36:00 AM »
Let's just say...

I'd rather be watch-less for another few years to save up for a JLC Ultra Thin...

Nailed it.

Offline hidden830726

• watchdiary.me
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2015, 10:37:55 AM »
Let's just say...

I'd rather be watch-less for another few years to save up for a JLC Ultra Thin...

Nailed it.

James Bond author said he wont, how bout others?

Lets just say.... You are on limited budget, would u rather not wearing any watch than buying a DW? Let say, u got lubang to buy dw with substantial discount?