Author Topic: New Budget  (Read 13320 times)

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
New Budget
« on: October 08, 2011, 06:42:23 AM »
Lot of expert in this forum, so i guess the best place to discuss it.

What is your take on the budget. Good ? Bad or something in between.

What is the real outcome...i wonder how the the budget would effect our everyday life.or not ?

Fuel stay as it is, lot of free cash to deserving public, but would that be enough ? or would that drive the price of chicken and rice up to the ceiling?

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
Re: New Budget
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 06:48:09 AM »
The announcement of the new highway would definitely gives impact to
a) Big bosses who can get the tender to build the highway
b) people who run the company of the big bosses , from clerk to the manage, at least they know bonus should be around the corner and time to shine
c) The indonesian / bangladesh workers....more job to come....money money money

but that for those within related industry...those who are not, 3 years suffering of "under construction state and after that got to enjoy smooth highway... definitely for a fee...but taking that, chances are old highway could be review and consider to remove the toll gate...that if the next G is considerate enough...

Million dollar question , would with everything stated in the budget get the neutral vote for current G, or would they swing to the other side. The strong follower would not change vote so what make me wonder would be the neutral people....atas pagar...who will switch side at their benefit....

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 07:55:00 AM »
I will be the first to apply the rm500 angpow from govt coz my income is less that 3k per month... hope it goes smoothly.
I also thank them for giving my 2 children rm100 each.
And that's about it...
Other benefits are to the Govt Servants... bonus, allowance, pay rise and etc.
But I am happy as long as they did not find any new ways to dig money out of my wallet.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 12:25:33 PM »
I'm very negative bout this budget
1. Looking at the percentage of administration expenses, we r not far fr
bcom greece

2. Can't c how it us going to turn msia into a high income nation... By increasing the gov servant small amount of salary!

3. Yeah spending on infra is gd, but I expect more, construction/property always help to spin the economy, many many other industry cam b benefitted! But worst is no mention of open tender n effort to reduce red tape n corruption... Meaning it's still going to benefit small group of highly link ppl

4. We r jus not spending enuf on education n r&d

5. Not much on tourism

6. Too many of small goodies instead of long term planning... Very close to ge13? Middle income group, majority of the ppl... No benefit afterall

7. No attraction for foreign company to invest here

8. No gd news for sme!!!

9. No major plan for public transport...

10. Rpgt y 10%? purpose?

Thank god! No tax on watches!!! Lol

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 02:50:30 PM »
Another worse thing is

Increase military expenses

Offline outlander2005

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 05:43:17 PM »
for god sake... are we going to war??? why huge military expenses????
Sub 116610LN, PAM 164M

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 02:21:39 PM »
For me, I would like to thank the Gomen for giving my 2 children RM100 each.
And that's about it on the good thing.

I felt the budget in the negativity because :
1) More spending on the military. Question is do we need it? Even our first submarine (actually, do we need one?)was reported "karam" for hitting the reefs or something like that.
2)  Not much funds is plough into education and scientific (R&D) sectors
3) After Badawi, from the previous administration, announcement on improving the agriculture and farming sector, not much funds was going into this sector as well.
4) Malaysia is attracting more and more tourists annually, but not much priority on tourism as well.
5) I do not see any initiative (eg. tax exempt or discount given) to attract foreign direct investment to boost Malaysian economy.
6) Too many of small goodies for the short term (maybe GE is round the corner) instead of long term planning for efficiency and effectiveness.
7) No attraction for foreign company to invest here

I agree with Chris's assessment on "Middle income group, majority of the ppl... No benefit afterall".
People like you and me - where is the benefit? (Well, maybe for me is the RM100 each for my 2 kids only)

And like Hanz posted :"But I am happy as long as they did not find any new ways to dig money out of my wallet."

Cheers.

(Edit: to include other members name before their "quotes")
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:42:44 AM by Watchnewby »

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 05:39:58 PM »
More Military expenses so that can sift more commissions for the ppl involved lor...
Biasa lah...
And yes, all the kampung folks including myself will be eligible for the rm500 angpow... imagine the votes that will bring in...
GE is close... very very close...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline dpkong

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 10:09:24 PM »
for god sake... are we going to war??? why huge military expenses????

that one of the expenses that even Parliament cannot ask to justify....

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 07:55:38 AM »
Per my earlier posting on point #4., "Malaysia is attracting more and more tourists annually, but not much priority on tourism as well".

Only Langkawi is receiving the bulk of the Gomen allocation for tourism, some more the direction to built high class hotels/resorts. I feel that most tourist want to come to Malaysia to experience "the kampung/village feel", rather than stay at a very high class hotel.
What about ather place of interests -
1) Penang island - is it because it is under the opposition that there is no budget allocated to improve the tourism in this state?
2) Melaka - year in year out, the tourists has been increasing by the numbers. How come no tourism allocation for this "Bandar BErsejarah"?

Other potential tourism places :
3) East coast islands - facilities like jetties or accomodations on the little islands off the coast of Trengganu and Kelantan, should also receive some sort of support from the MoTourism.
4) Ipoh - former mining town with its history and cave temples, pomellos etc. I think this city has potential to grow as a tourism area.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Cheers.

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 07:58:18 AM »
Another good reason to become a politician -
"MPs’ pay could double under parliamentary overhaul proposal."
By Clara Chooi, Malaysian Insider.  :mooning:
Take care, Ciao!  :thumbsup:
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 08:39:57 AM »
Waulau yer, even here also discuss the budget, nothing exciting, except for those entitle for RM500, make sure when you go and register, you do not wear the Sub, Pam, or any expensive watches. Otherwise, you will be disqualified... ;D
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline wfei233

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 09:10:12 AM »
Not easy to qualify for the RM500 angpow. For e.g., if you are single and earn less than RM3k/month, your income is lumped under your parents' income and hence, you will not be entitled...

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 09:36:02 AM »
Waulau yer, even here also discuss the budget, nothing exciting, except for those entitle for RM500, make sure when you go and register, you do not wear the Sub, Pam, or any expensive watches. Otherwise, you will be disqualified... ;D

I think I wear my Seiko swatch (old and battered) if I am qualified to register for any of the budget goodies.

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 10:54:56 AM »
Rumours that the Parlimen may dissolve today, following the tabling of the GE13 Budget ......... Wait to be seen!

Nothing happen yesterday, guess Horse continue running and we continue enjoy the dance  :Laughing_on_floor:

I think I wear my Seiko swatch (old and battered) if I am qualified to register for any of the budget goodies.

Yup  :thumbsup:...but once you got the RM500, don't flash the new watch in front of them and tell them "Guess what, I bought the new watch with RM500 you gave me"  :Laughing_on_floor:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 03:11:55 PM »
Yup  :thumbsup:...but once you got the RM500, don't flash the new watch in front of them and tell them "Guess what, I bought the new watch with RM500 you gave me"  :Laughing_on_floor:

Ya, once got the RM500, tell them I will upgrade the watch.  :Cheers:

Offline Geraldfoope

New Budget
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2019, 05:47:00 PM »
Just depends what you are after & what your budget is I guess. Even if you appreciate a bargain, you can develop quite expensive taste if you get exposed to the top end of the market cant you gents?

Offline kbng

• Freshie
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2019, 12:39:54 PM »
No matter how the budget is, the weak Ringgit is killing all Malaysia. Hawker food price, iPhone price, computer price, all keep increasing, but all Malaysian salary remain the same.