Author Topic: Swiss Hour Time Square  (Read 12620 times)

Offline DeepBlueSea

• Freshie
Swiss Hour Time Square
« on: April 19, 2016, 09:28:21 PM »
Hi all Sifu, anyone bought new watch from Swiss Hour TimeSquare before ?
Is it reliable ? Thanks

Offline keanewoon

Re: Swiss Hour Time Square
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 04:43:30 PM »
Interested to know as well as i found their price is the cheapest among the private dealers. From mudah posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Caseywai

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 05:57:15 PM »
Hi guys,

Just read this thread and thought I could give some pointers.

I recently bought a Cartier watch from Kenny at Swiss hour. Price was cheaper than others, overall I had a pleasant experience, though I didn't really expect it at first (store looks nice but kinda pawn shop feeling). Kenny was friendly and helpful and while I was deciding on the watch I ended up sitting at the shop for 2 hours and witnessed a few transactions of returning customers buying rolexes from him. One guy came in and paid him cash for a Rolex GMT batman and he didn't even get the watch that day. I didn't really bargain as the price was reasonable and some dude wanted to also buy on the same day...

Initially I was skeptical as the watch was described as from local Cartier shop (warranty shows otherwise) and the card wasn't stamped. He insists its from AD, but in any case I didn't some homework and even got the watch authenticated at Richmont service center after purchase. It checks out well and for the last 3 months the watch has been superb.

I would recommend them but Take some of the promises with a grain of salt and do your homework as always!

Offline DeepBlueSea

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 08:59:55 PM »
Thanks for the informative sharing.

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 08:56:10 AM »
Not stamped is as good as no warranty  card or books. Buying preown  from anyone or anywhere, always insist  on a set with ad stamp, box and FULL LINKS.
  Which in future it's easier if you want to flip. Unless buying a classic it is understandable if some of these  things missing. Regards.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 09:06:45 AM by tonykpk »

Offline rnsm1979

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 10:00:05 AM »
hi guys, i was just curious, i know the unstamp and undated piece usually come from grey dealer most of the time
but if there is any problem, will SC will still service the watch if it was under warranty period ?

do they have a record of when the watch was sold and so on and so forth even the card is not stamp ?

Offline Caseywai

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 12:30:37 PM »
hi guys, i was just curious, i know the unstamp and undated piece usually come from grey dealer most of the time
but if there is any problem, will SC will still service the watch if it was under warranty period ?

do they have a record of when the watch was sold and so on and so forth even the card is not stamp ?

Would like to know this as well. I checked with SC they did check the engraved serial that checks out, so they will service it. Whether they will honor the warranty is another issue if not stamped... Anyone can share experience?

I did buy the watch knowing its from grey (no stamping), as long as you know and aware the pricing should reflect that. Which in my case it did. ;)

Offline DeepBlueSea

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 12:37:18 PM »

Would like to know this as well. I checked with SC they did check the engraved serial that checks out, so they will service it. Whether they will honor the warranty is another issue if not stamped... Anyone can share experience?

I did buy the watch knowing its from grey (no stamping), as long as you know and aware the pricing should reflect that. Which in my case it did. ;)

Exactly dude, u get what you paid for. i wouldn't mind that as well. For the card not stamped issue, i guess we might have to pay for all the repair cost ? (since it didn't mentioned from where/AD this watch came from  ???)

Any sifu to enlighten us on this matter???

Offline akykmy

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 07:28:15 AM »
hi, can i understand correctly, if a person purchases from a grey dealer with unstamped warranty card, will he stamp it when we buy the watch? if yes, does it mean that the warranty starts from that date? If it's unstamped that means for eg RSC will not have any warranty record of the watch in their system, then what...?  ???

Offline Caseywai

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 07:07:58 PM »
hi, can i understand correctly, if a person purchases from a grey dealer with unstamped warranty card, will he stamp it when we buy the watch? if yes, does it mean that the warranty starts from that date? If it's unstamped that means for eg RSC will not have any warranty record of the watch in their system, then what...?  ???

I would like to know as well. How would the SC treat it?

Offline Kerry1136

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 07:29:19 PM »
Does this mean it's grey import?

Offline keanewoon

Swiss Hour Time Square
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 02:15:29 PM »

In order for the warranty to be valid, the warranty card need to be have the AD name and the purchase date written. Name of the purchaser is optional. Unstamped warranty card means what? No AD name?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 02:17:40 PM by keanewoon »

Offline JJTan

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 04:20:23 PM »
Was there yesterday for a trade up, Rolex Submariner to Rolex Deepsea. Was a very straightforward transaction with Kevin. Have yet to get my watch authenticated by Rolex Malaysia but have no reason to doubt them as their business is based on reputation.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 04:22:28 PM by JJTan »

Offline ndtaan

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 04:33:23 PM »
Was there yesterday for a trade up, Rolex Submariner to Rolex Deepsea. Was a very straightforward transaction with Kevin. Have yet to get my watch authenticated by Rolex Malaysia but have no reason to doubt them as their business is based on reputation.
Hi,did also get the Submariner from him?
If yes,did he gave you the 90% from the price you purchase or from current price.Thanks

Offline spacewalker

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 05:59:22 PM »
Where is  the grey dealer got supply for their brand new watch? Direct import from Swiss?  That's means i.e their watch like B&R not from FJ Benjamin Malaysia or their Rolex not from Rolex Malaysia at Menara Dion? I'm more worried about the authenticity rather than a better price offered. For me, the stamped AD on warranty card is important to determined where is the watch origin from in case any problem during the under warranty period, there might be a problem with the local SC I think. I have no experience buying from any grey dealer.

Offline ndtaan

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 08:14:35 PM »
Where is  the grey dealer got supply for their brand new watch? Direct import from Swiss?  That's means i.e their watch like B&R not from FJ Benjamin Malaysia or their Rolex not from Rolex Malaysia at Menara Dion? I'm more worried about the authenticity rather than a better price offered. For me, the stamped AD on warranty card is important to determined where is the watch origin from in case any problem during the under warranty period, there might be a problem with the local SC I think. I have no experience buying from any grey dealer.
I think the main concern here is the huge discount given by the grey dealer and how reputable is he.

Offline JJTan

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 11:29:21 AM »

I traded in my Submariner (not from swisshour). He offered 90% buy back from the price i purchased my Deepsea.
If yes,did he gave you the 90% from the price you purchase or from current price.Thanks

Offline JJTan

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 11:31:18 AM »
Where is  the grey dealer got supply for their brand new watch?Direct import from Swiss?  That's means i.e their watch like B&R not from FJ Benjamin Malaysia or their Rolex not from Rolex Malaysia at Menara Dion? I'm more worried about the authenticity rather than a better price offered. For me, the stamped AD on warranty card is important to determined where is the watch origin from in case any problem during the under warranty period, there might be a problem with the local SC I think. I have no experience buying from any grey dealer.
I think the main concern here is the huge discount given by the grey dealer and how reputable is he.

My Deepsea is a preowned with warranty card from a local AD. Can't  comment on the new watches

Offline epsilon82

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 07:57:49 AM »

Normally the grey dealer bought the watch from oversea AD.. (You can easily save 5-6k) And resell in Malaysia. Malaysia AD charge premium for most of the Rolex sports model.

Offline DeepBlueSea

• Freshie
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 11:27:31 AM »

Normally the grey dealer bought the watch from oversea AD.. (You can easily save 5-6k) And resell in Malaysia. Malaysia AD charge premium for most of the Rolex sports model.

Yes thats true, they got it from overseas AD, as i understand, they are earning the difference between fluctuating currency.

Offline DeepBlueSea

• Freshie
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 11:30:43 AM »

I would like to know as well. How would the SC treat it?

As far as i understand, without dealer stamped means invalid warranty card. Even if grey dealer get watches from overseas AD, the warranty card will be stamped

Offline DeepBlueSea

• Freshie
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 11:37:40 AM »
Hi guys,

Just read this thread and thought I could give some pointers.

I recently bought a Cartier watch from Kenny at Swiss hour. Price was cheaper than others, overall I had a pleasant experience, though I didn't really expect it at first (store looks nice but kinda pawn shop feeling). Kenny was friendly and helpful and while I was deciding on the watch I ended up sitting at the shop for 2 hours and witnessed a few transactions of returning customers buying rolexes from him. One guy came in and paid him cash for a Rolex GMT batman and he didn't even get the watch that day. I didn't really bargain as the price was reasonable and some dude wanted to also buy on the same day...

Initially I was skeptical as the watch was described as from local Cartier shop (warranty shows otherwise) and the card wasn't stamped. He insists its from AD, but in any case I didn't some homework and even got the watch authenticated at Richmont service center after purchase. It checks out well and for the last 3 months the watch has been superb.

I would recommend them but Take some of the promises with a grain of salt and do your homework as always!

I think the watch is fine, a friend of mine get his watch from Kenny and get serviced at Rolex center for FOC. So its a genuine watch seller i would say. But i agree on do your homework before pulling the trigger too, cheers.

Offline DeepBlueSea

• Freshie
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 11:51:37 AM »

They are always loaded with Rolex Sports Model, and from what i saw on Mudah.my, they got sold pretty fast too

Offline Canook

• Freshie
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2016, 09:28:26 AM »
ive bought about 6 rolex's and a AP from them and cannot complain.... great service and very honest. They honour their warranty if you have an issue (my AP was running slow and they sent it for service immediately)

Im a serial flipper so they give good trade-in prices and thier watches are normally cheaper then other stores
for me win-win

Offline EvolutionZ

• Freshie
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 08:03:50 PM »
Their watches sold very very fast. Tried to call n book a watch but sold on the next day after I saw their add in mudah