Author Topic: Purchasing from private seller  (Read 4232 times)

Offline edwin880721

• Freshie
Purchasing from private seller
« on: July 18, 2019, 10:10:25 PM »
I am looking around (MWF, Facebook market, mudah.my) for the watch of my dream. I’m thinking what will be my checklist before and during the purchase:
1) profile check: Facebook profile, phone number on google, phone number to look for wechat account
2) to get more photo or video as possible to prove the authenticity of the watch
3) arrange cod inside shopping mall
4) only TT, no COD
5)

What else need to be seriously look into that can avoid scammer and fake item?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline G.MAC

Re: Purchasing from private seller
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 08:51:01 AM »
To avoid scammers, deal with someone with positive reviews from a reputable source. if authenticity of the watch is a concern, deal at the Service Center of the brand at your cost ( better to be safe than sorry ). I can understand No.1 and No.3. No.2 may not be possible as some seller will not give you photos of the watch as there are fears that the buyers themselves are not genuine and may take the photos and peddle them on other sites passing off the watch as their own. No.4 maybe on a case to case basis. TT to account if amount is big. COD with a large amount is both dangerous to the buyer and seller ( no one wants to start counting >RM20k in public). If the above does not allay your fears, best to buy from a reputable grey market dealer or authorised dealer of the brand. sometimes paying more is better than having all the headache.Hope the above helps.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline edwin880721

• Freshie
Re: Purchasing from private seller
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 10:43:12 PM »
To avoid scammers, deal with someone with positive reviews from a reputable source. if authenticity of the watch is a concern, deal at the Service Center of the brand at your cost ( better to be safe than sorry ). I can understand No.1 and No.3. No.2 may not be possible as some seller will not give you photos of the watch as there are fears that the buyers themselves are not genuine and may take the photos and peddle them on other sites passing off the watch as their own. No.4 maybe on a case to case basis. TT to account if amount is big. COD with a large amount is both dangerous to the buyer and seller ( no one wants to start counting >RM20k in public). If the above does not allay your fears, best to buy from a reputable grey market dealer or authorised dealer of the brand. sometimes paying more is better than having all the headache.Hope the above helps.
Great summary. People are greedy, that why the scammers get target consistantly. Need to put num 5 checklist as "No free lunch".

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk