Visit Malaysia Watch Forum's online store for luxury watches and fine timepieces.

Author Topic: WTS: SEIKO PROSPEX MARINE MASTER 300 (SLA021J)  (Read 5814 times)

Offline bryanL

WTS: SEIKO PROSPEX MARINE MASTER 300 (SLA021J)
« on: March 22, 2019, 02:19:51 PM »
Hi,

Up for your consideration is my excellent condition (I would conservatively rate it 9.5/10) Marine Master 300. Reference no. SLA021J or SBDX023 (Jaoan market), this is the new MM300 with upgraded sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel insert. An impulse buy from a local Seiko AD during my recent Penang work trip, only to experienced buyer's remorse day after.

This is a complete set sales. Watch, handtags, manual booklet, international waranty card and an unused silicone rubber strap. The valid waranty card is undated with local Seiko AD stamp and is correct to Malaysia country code which is 544SI (refer to pic).

RRP on this piece is RM 15050. Am taking a huge loss on this price, THUS my asking price is ONLY RM 9800. An approx. 35% off its RRP. An amazing deal! Just to put in a comparison with SBDX017 that are selling at a high of RM 8+++, an additional RM 1k will get you the latest model with sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel.

I do welcome viewing at Nilai. You can see and feel the watch before commiting. I am not a dealer, just a self-proclaimed WIS who flipped watches often. COD is preferred, however I can do insured postage too. Please feel free to call/SMS or whatsapp me at 0168558894 if you're interested.

I'll leave you with my short review of this wonderful piece.

The 44.3mm width with height of 15.4mm monobloc case is zaratsu hand finished (seen mainly with Grand Seiko models). Case and bracelet are then hardened with Seiko DiaShield, making it more scratch and corrosion resistant. If this were a Swiss watch brand, it probably cost ten times more.

Monobloc case is super sturdy and impervious to any liquid or gas thus eliminating the use of Helium Escape Valve. The bezel action on this new MM300 is solid and satisfying, only second to my Rolex Sub.

The zirconia ceramic bezel insert (as tough as sapphire) is a first for MM300. It is filled with Seiko LumiBrite green luminescence from 12 to 20 minutes marker. Hands down its the brightest and longest lasting lume, second to none! Another first for this MM300 is the use of sapphire crystal with anti reflective coating on the inside, giving it a much needed scratch resistance features compared to its predecessor SBDX017.

Inside, it beats with 8L35 Grand Seiko movement, both hacking and hand winding capable. Power reserve goes beyond 50 hours. On the dial, it features gold tone on its sweeping seconds hand and "300m" label. An absolute stand out display!

Often, people tend to downplay the importance of a watch bracelet. Here, you'll get an extension system that can be expanded and contracted (useful when temperature changes throughout the day) while having the watch on the wrist thus minimizing the risk of accidental drop. The clasp itself features a double locking system.

Thank you for reading my lengthy sales cum review post. Please enjoy the pictures of the real watch below.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 05:13:13 PM by bryanL »

Offline bryanL

Re: WTS: SEIKO PROSPEX MARINE MASTER 300 (SLA021J)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 01:54:55 PM »
B.U.M.P

To sweeten up the deal, I'll include an original deep blue color ISOFRANE rubber strap worth RM 600++ with this deal. MM300 wouldnt look complete nor perfect without an ISOFRANE!.. You can google up the pics for this perfect combo!

Offline bryanL

Re: WTS: SEIKO PROSPEX MARINE MASTER 300 (SLA021J)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 07:19:31 PM »
Watch SOLD! Moderators, kindly close this thread and thank you for the wonderful platform :)