Author Topic: Is EPOS a good watch?  (Read 23941 times)

Offline ballaviator

Is EPOS a good watch?
« on: January 15, 2011, 02:43:37 PM »
Has got an offer from a friend. He wana let go his unworn EPOS Passion Ref.3369 for an attractive price.. just wana ask is the brand EPOS good?.. as far as i know the brand isn't as famous here as ball or tissot.. but what do u all think about that watch .. manual decorated handwound swiss unitas..

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
Re: Is EPOS a good watch?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 04:16:26 PM »
If you read the history, epos is entitled as an Artistry In Watchmaking... which is not their claims... but it is given to them.

But they are underrated... many people don't recognize the brand & some watch seller also not familiar with the brand. They made an amazing job decorated the movement. For movement concern... no problem with that.  There are using ETA. Hand decorated & I can say the finishing is mostly par with the other Swiss brand more than 10k.

It just a question whether you like it or not. If you like it, just buy it. For me? Yes. It is a good watch. :thumbsup:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 04:42:44 PM »
For me, i think epos watches are good too.
I agree that the finishing is better than alot of other watchmakers and their price point is really tempting.
If you see the watch that your friend selling suits you, and the price is right.
I would say go for it...  :Cheers:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »
I already saw the 3369. I would say it is a very nice watch indeed. I love the way the presented the movement  :-*. They know how to show their movement very well.  :thumbsup: The see through caseback is very large for us to see &  appreciate the beautiful movement. The 3369 is using Unitas 6498. Other model are using Unitas 6497 same as PAM is using.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 05:21:55 PM »
 :thumbsup: for Epos.

from,
owner of an Epos
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline ballaviator

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 08:28:02 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for the information given.. just wana clarify whether this watch is basically more for formal wear (dresswatch) or is it suitable for casual use?

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 06:00:10 AM »
IMO, it is more of a dress watch...but that is just me..its all in individual styling.

Offline kltime

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 06:43:48 AM »
I agree that the finishing is better than alot of other watchmakers and their price point is really tempting.
But they are underrated... many people don't recognize the brand & some watch seller also not familiar with the brand. They made an amazing job decorated the movement. For movement concern... no problem with that.  There are using ETA. Hand decorated & I can say the finishing is mostly par with the other Swiss brand more than 10k.

agreed. In fact seriously thinking of getting an Epos next.

Offline ballaviator

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 01:51:11 PM »
Thanks for the information guys.. i am looking forward to get my epos from my friend.. btw.. does the brand of watches appreciate in value.. cos i was told by an uncle that a piece of cartier watch used to sell for less than 5k 20 years ago..

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 03:47:03 PM »
when buying a watch, never expect it to appreciate in value at all. Buy it because you love it.

Offline skccks

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 04:04:02 PM »
own 1....value for $..... :thumbsup:

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 07:06:50 PM »
when buying a watch, never expect it to appreciate in value at all. Buy it because you love it.

:thumbsup:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 07:10:32 PM »
double  :thumbsup:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

Offline kltime

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 06:34:49 AM »
He wana let go his unworn EPOS Passion Ref.3369 for an attractive price..

Just wondering which one is this ah-any pics?

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 07:07:44 AM »
Stole this frm LYN link by Patryn33

[no link to commercial site - forum mod]

Oops... sorry, should have read the R&R... many apologies
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 08:56:04 AM by hanz079 »

Offline armereth

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 11:42:35 AM »
HI Ballaviator.

Epos watch is crap!!!! Expensive and not popular. Those uncle and aunty at pasar malam will think you wear some toy watch. DEsign wise, I can't stand their design. Ugly.....

So, dont buy it.

Psss.... what is your friend contact please.  :laugh: I like to give him a call. Tell him cash ready.  :D

Offline ballaviator

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 04:22:19 PM »
Hi all..

thanks to you guys who has replied and gave me feedbacks.. i have purchased the watch yesterday from my friend.. reallly love the finishing and couldnt stop admiring the movement.. the only drawback is the loud ticking sound of the watch.. might need to send for service soon

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 07:30:10 PM »
Hi all..

thanks to you guys who has replied and gave me feedbacks.. i have purchased the watch yesterday from my friend.. reallly love the finishing and couldnt stop admiring the movement.. the only drawback is the loud ticking sound of the watch.. might need to send for service soon

pictures time  :Dancing_banana:

Offline maximillian

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 11:25:37 PM »
i own 3 epos myself,an epos ref 3369, ref 3390 and ref 3397.all are great bang for the buck and their movements are well decorated for the pricepoint..so if you like it,by all means buy it..because its you $$$ not anybody else..and you only live once..dont regret not buying it!!
musdus vult decipi ergo decipiatur.veritatem dies aperit.

Offline ballaviator

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 09:10:43 AM »
will post pics soon yeah!

Offline xnizarx

• Freshie
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 01:23:27 PM »
ofkoz its a gud watch...not famous? no lah..it is famous..

Offline kenixck

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 05:58:59 AM »
i prefer the roman one .. nice dress watches.

Offline sdien

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 02:15:45 PM »
Guys,

i am enjoying my EPOS.....Merdeka edition.

Offline haaha

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 07:34:10 PM »
First time I heard the brand EPOS. Wow..the design really attracted me..

Offline WHEELQ

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 11:36:12 PM »
Hi all..

pictures time  :Dancing_banana:

Hi, congratz on ur new acquisition. Saw some Epos (and fondled them of course) and i m impressed with the finishing for the price. Comparable even  to Tag which are costlier.

Regarding the ticking noise, i would like to share my experience with my Maurice Lacroix MP7048 (the skeleton dial with hand-engraved silver deco). When i first wore it, it makes so much ticks that i can even hear it when i were driving. Missus kept complaining of the ticks. I hav to keep it in the box to sleep in peace. Brought to the AD, they said its due to the natural design of the exposed movements (modified ETA, i think), ticks can't be avoided. So gotta live with it. Hope urs can be corrected coz its really annoying for an expensive watch.