Author Topic: Fake Products  (Read 12073 times)

Offline H_Bard

Fake Products
« on: January 09, 2019, 06:05:14 PM »
hi tuan Danny & good evening to all m’sians..
i’m a newbie here & quite old too.. suprise with the technology these days.. boleh sembang2 with so many people, young & old..
anyway, just to share my worries.. on these imitation products, or what they call as replica, clone, 1 to 1 copy, grade aaa, a+ and whatever they call them.. (not only on watches)
they are getting better in matching the genuine products each day, and even worst, those guys are bold & daring enough selling them online as genuine products..
sometimes i become sakit hati when my friends got conned buying fake goods with their hard earn money.. what can we do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
Re: Fake Products
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 09:19:43 AM »
It's really quite easy. Practise the following :

1) The old adage is buy the seller, not the watch.
2) When in doubt, send for SC verification.
3) Unless we are talking about vintage pieces, we should be getting full boxed sets. Most of those replica adverts would have "watch only, no box or papers" and with unreasonably low prices. So most of those whom buy into the replicas knew what they were buying into really.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline H_Bard

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 09:46:46 AM »
Thank you for the tips..
Just sharing my experience assisting a friend in his mishap..
My friend is not a watch guy, just trying to get a good piece on his wrist from his hard earn money.. what happened was he decided to get a tag from an online watch dealer through mudah, after being convinced that the product is genuine, new, box & document & with 2 yrs engine warranty, but the price is half of rrp due to ‘pintu belakang’...
The advertiser even promised him should the product is fake, refund is guaranteed.
Sekali the product is confirm not genuine.. but even i can’t noticed the difference until i actually handled & compared it with my own tag, same model.. obviously by opening the back case then it shows...
Then it becomes i say, u say.. nothing much can be done..
The only thing is that these adverts keep on appearing in the online sales apps, some do tell, with much cheaper price circa hundreds, but there might be a next person to face the same fate as my friend had experienced..

Offline dcssb

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 11:21:13 AM »
Being not a watch expert, I may find it difficult to look at all the watches for sale in Mudah.  This also appears similar in Carousell, looking at Rolex watches at very cheap prices (only at RM100+) - to me, I think it is obvious those are fake watches.

Well, to buy watches in online sites, and to get them confirmed as genuine, verification is needed.  Otherwise, one may be buying fake ones at whatever price stated.

Offline H_Bard

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 11:32:14 AM »
very true.. pity those newbies and innocent buyers...

Offline silverbull

• ?????????????
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 02:02:17 PM »
Yes, nowadays, technology today has improved a lot.

Offline H_Bard

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 02:47:57 PM »
manipulation/s of technology...

Offline H_Bard

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 05:04:59 PM »
Current ad in mxxxx.com, what do you think?

Offline Watchgrocer

• Freshie
    • Join us on our Facebook page
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 11:46:01 AM »
Hi,
It has been happening for quite some time. Especially when online marketing becoming popular. A lot of people can get these counterfeit items easily via online. There's nothing much we can do if being conned but can try to make a report to that particular brand / company authority.
Regards,
Cheng, Watchgrocer

Offline H_Bard

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 06:12:02 PM »
never think of that.. probably i’ll suggest my friend to do so..

Offline Jessicatrump77

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 01:43:29 PM »

3) Unless we are talking about vintage pieces, we should be getting full boxed sets. Most of those replica adverts would have "watch only, no box or papers" and with unreasonably low prices. So most of those whom buy into the replicas knew what they were buying into really.

Thanks for the info

Offline flarev

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 08:07:21 PM »
while mine is the other way around, tried to clear off those items (not watch) that has not been in use for sometime especially shoes/sneakers in carousell for almost like half the price of the rrp, keep getting flagged as trying to scam or sell fake products  ???

Offline zhangyl1984

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 08:13:40 PM »

I suppose to add on, "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is"
Thanks for the info

Offline Caseywai

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2019, 08:39:05 AM »

Personally saw the advert and was tempted myself to try!

When I asked the seller if he has ready stock, they said want deposit first and they order back door or whatever. That was the end of inquiry. Never buy from someone who does not have stock in hand...

Offline tannitech

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2019, 10:24:36 AM »
My thoughts: If its too good to be true, it probably is.

The process of researching and buying watch are really enjoyable (and I believe many would concur). Prior to making a purchase, a watch person would generally have pondered upon with many choices, what's best for value etc.

The amount of research that needs to be done for you to arrive at a good, decent piece speaks a lot about the watch industry. If a person can offer you something that is sitting less than half the price compared to what's retailing out there, either there's a temporary mismatch in pricing that you can arbitrage on, or its really worth that price for its "quality".

Particularly for those eyeing on luxury pieces, just imagine a watchmaker pouring hundred or even thousands hours just to fetch the price that you're paying for, does it make sense?

Perhaps these angles of thoughts could help shed some light.
 :Cheers:

Offline marshall17

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2019, 10:54:13 AM »
My thoughts: If its too good to be true, it probably is.

The process of researching and buying watch are really enjoyable (and I believe many would concur). Prior to making a purchase, a watch person would generally have pondered upon with many choices, what's best for value etc.

The amount of research that needs to be done for you to arrive at a good, decent piece speaks a lot about the watch industry. If a person can offer you something that is sitting less than half the price compared to what's retailing out there, either there's a temporary mismatch in pricing that you can arbitrage on, or its really worth that price for its "quality".

Particularly for those eyeing on luxury pieces, just imagine a watchmaker pouring hundred or even thousands hours just to fetch the price that you're paying for, does it make sense?

Perhaps these angles of thoughts could help shed some light.
 :Cheers:

this +1  :thumbsup:

Offline Rebeccateo90

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 07:11:52 AM »
Actually what is the easiest way to differentiate between fake and real?

Offline tannitech

• Freshie
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 07:37:05 AM »
Actually what is the easiest way to differentiate between fake and real?

Get an authorized dealer to check for it. Second hand dealers could be expert in this area too since they trade watches.

Offline hsnrhashim

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2019, 07:38:48 AM »
Knowledge on what genuine product should have ...and be wary if the price is too good to be true...

Offline Rebeccateo90

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 07:40:10 AM »
Noted with thanks for the reply. Nowadays scammer are terrible

Offline khlau113

• Freshie
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 08:59:46 AM »
Choosing seller/dealer is very important. I would rather pay a higher price buying a watch from trusted dealer/seller than simply get a cheaper piece from website like mudah.my or so on. Too many replica watches out there in the market especially the high demand models like the rolex.

Offline RichGoD

• Freshie
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2019, 04:52:08 PM »
always don't thinking u have that lucky can get that low price u can,t kena con again

Offline W3ll

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2019, 06:17:45 AM »
I think AD or boutique will incur charges for verification of watches right?

Offline tancho

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2019, 09:21:15 AM »

Seller can easily put up photos of genuine watch in the advert.  You can't really depend on photos in the advert.

Offline smureli

• HELLO
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2019, 01:40:27 PM »
i HAVE SEEN A ROLEX BATMAN (FAKE), A FRIEND PURCHASED ONE FROM CHINA (AAA+), HONESTLY OTHER THAN THE SHAPE OF THE CROWN ON THE FACE, I COULD NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

i PERSONALLY THINK IN 3 TO 5 YEARS, THESE REPLICA ROLEX FROM CHINA, YOU WILL NO BE ABLE TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE