Author Topic: GTG tomorrow, 30 January 2010  (Read 16272 times)

Offline sshark

Re: GTG tomorrow, 30 January 2010
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 08:40:37 AM »
well watches me not so indulge one .... :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: food is more my forte... :Dancing_banana:

our lunch....

Looks yummy. Where exactly u guys had ur lunch in Petaling St.? Where are the places to recommend for lunch there? Thanks

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 08:50:12 AM »
Looks yummy. Where exactly u guys had ur lunch in Petaling St.? Where are the places to recommend for lunch there? Thanks

v r having lunch at yuk woo hin old kopitiam which ones very famous place for yum cha eat pao in the morning...
but after the old not managing the restaurant.... not really recommended for gd food... we went there because less ppl...

u can try other gd food listed below
koon kei wantan mee vs
kam lian kei hokkien mee vs
hon kei porridge vs
lai fung beef noodle vs
zhong wah hong chu cheong fun yeong tao fu n laksa vs
yuk woo hin old kopitiam vs
miao miao ming ge can ting vs
sang kei dai chao vs
sei ngan chye salty duck vs
wet market entrance curry mee n asam laksa vs

Offline sshark

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 10:40:17 AM »
Thanks for pointing out the stores.

yuk woo hin was not as good as it was. Those days, occasionally, I bought the baos from them on my way to the school as breakfast. Now it is famous becoz of the past deed. i know koon kei wantan mee. There was 1 time, I asked if my noodles are ready, they asked me if I want to eat raw. Damn it... those were the days or maybe now too.

I don't quite like lai fung beef noodle. I like the 1 in tong shin road. However,  they hv implemented alot of shortcuts to their preparation process to let their "indon" elper to serve their customers fast. The quality dropped.

Alwiz heard of this sei ngan chye salty duck. Is it really tat good?

I like this zhong wah hong chu cheong fun yeong tao fu n laksa. This store is very bz during lunch time.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 01:48:01 PM »
Thanks for pointing out the stores.

yuk woo hin was not as good as it was. Those days, occasionally, I bought the baos from them on my way to the school as breakfast. Now it is famous becoz of the past deed. i know koon kei wantan mee. There was 1 time, I asked if my noodles are ready, they asked me if I want to eat raw. Damn it... those were the days or maybe now too.

I don't quite like lai fung beef noodle. I like the 1 in tong shin road. However,  they hv implemented alot of shortcuts to their preparation process to let their "indon" elper to serve their customers fast. The quality dropped.

Alwiz heard of this sei ngan chye salty duck. Is it really tat good?

I like this zhong wah hong chu cheong fun yeong tao fu n laksa. This store is very bz during lunch time.

welcome. if ppl dont treat u well.... ban him.... so many other gd food out there!

i do not like the lai fung beef noodle as well.... nothing special to me.... even the one in tung shin also not really special to me!
i prefer the peel road beef noodle with sang yuk.... only when the boss is there they serve this tender slice beef....

sei ngan chye salty duck is damn gd to me.... it still maintain the std to me....

zhong wah hong most store is gd... just difficult when u want to order different food to your seats!

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 02:47:11 PM »
any more GTG on this sunday??? i can come down for the food...opss..shoul i say for the watches??? :Laughing_on_floor:

seriously...i am planning to drop by KL this Sunday to explore iwc portugese 7days PR...plan to get it b4 CNY if possible..the selling price here at SG seen atleast 10% higher thn KL... :Confused:

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 03:49:46 PM »
Sunday I'm good.. Maybe can bring to do face to face bargin la... I haven't reply ur PM but if u come back this Sunday make it easier to talk price face to face..

Offline takashi78

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 04:07:09 PM »
I'm ok for this sunday as well.
Maybe make another thread to set time and location.

Offline sshark

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 08:43:35 PM »
welcome. if ppl dont treat u well.... ban him.... so many other gd food out there!

i do not like the lai fung beef noodle as well.... nothing special to me.... even the one in tung shin also not really special to me!
i prefer the peel road beef noodle with sang yuk.... only when the boss is there they serve this tender slice beef....

sei ngan chye salty duck is damn gd to me.... it still maintain the std to me....

zhong wah hong most store is gd... just difficult when u want to order different food to your seats!

Yea. Ban those rude hawkers. Last time it was difficult to spread the word but with internet the effort is halved. Anyway, but some rude hawkers sell damn good food (and sometimes even with dirty stalls) their patrons will still bear with them.

Oh yea the Peel road. My frenz brought me to the place once to try out. Not bad.

Offline chiewata

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 04:48:50 AM »
another good beef noodle in Petaling Street but its at nite is behind the bank at "Gau Yue" which is clear soup and raw slice beef their beef balls is just superb

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2010, 06:28:28 AM »
another good beef noodle in Petaling Street but its at nite is behind the bank at "Gau Yue" which is clear soup and raw slice beef their beef balls is just superb

yes. my wife prefer this one than lai fung!

lai fung actually opened a branch in tmn taytorn view, oposite the shell station!

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 06:32:04 AM »
Aiya, have to do last minute CNY shopping, will call you guys  :Cheers:

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2010, 07:41:30 AM »
oic, many locals here with regards to food galore, esp at the petaling st area.

I am fortunate enough to at the Petaling st area - yesterday morning and went straight to that mini wet market - where those rude hawkers are; and managed to try the meat ball soup. But if you ask me, they are so-so.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline silverstan

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2010, 09:46:13 AM »
any more GTG on this sunday??? i can come down for the food...opss..shoul i say for the watches??? :Laughing_on_floor:

seriously...i am planning to drop by KL this Sunday to explore iwc portugese 7days PR...plan to get it b4 CNY if possible..the selling price here at SG seen atleast 10% higher thn KL... :Confused:

i will be going back to KL at 10th, will meet Scott for dinner at KLCC.  ;D

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2010, 10:13:05 AM »

i will be going back to KL at 10th, will meet Scott for dinner at KLCC.  ;D

ya, and he is collecting his Port....kekekekek...