Author Topic: Strap and deployant question  (Read 3024 times)

Offline N79KL

Strap and deployant question
« on: June 19, 2009, 08:15:01 AM »
I tried to take a strap off once without the proper fork tool and I couldnt do it. I watch a video on Youtube and he made it looks like childs play. What am i doing wrong? I guess a need a tool - where can I buy one in Klang Valley?

Another question (well, more of a rant) is that why some manufacturers dont include it with the watch. For example IWC, most of the watches comes with only a tang buckle. Maybe the excuse is "to follow the tradition" of the vintage watches, they use a tang. And then when you want to buy one anyway, they never keep them in stock. I mean its not a gold or plat deployant, only SS. Cant the big boys afford to put a few deployants in hand for customers who wished to buy them? But instead they have the customer wait a couple of weeks for one to arrive.  :Scolding:

Offline Scott C.

Re: Strap and deployant question
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 10:28:57 AM »
Understand your frustration..based on my experience, they usually said want to order from agent and if agent has no stock, then try Singapore, etc..
I once waited for a deployant close to 4 months :D

As for the tools, try Selangor Building (can't remember exactly the name if that's not the right name) in Petaling Street...a shop there selling almost all kind of watch related tools..

:Cheers:
sc

Offline N79KL

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 06:26:16 PM »
ok thanks sc! :thumbsup:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 10:38:51 PM »
for strap removal tools.... u can get a burgeon 1 at jln sultan... wisma selangor gf floor.... (hope i remember the building name n road correctly)
it cost u around rm50+

no ad will order the deployment to keep... because not many malaysian will buy it.... the cost is not cheap.... just business strategy....
not only iwc is like that....

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 11:01:31 PM »
aaa..yeah, wisma selangor, that's the one i mentioned..it's located Petaling street....if you walk toward the end of the Petaling street (start from the entrace opposite Kota Raya) and then turn right and you should be there..yes, it is located at the ground floor...if i remember correctly (again :p), it is on the left when you walk into the building from the entrace...

good luck :)

sc

Offline N79KL

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 10:52:48 AM »
for strap removal tools.... u can get a burgeon 1 at jln sultan... wisma selangor gf floor.... (hope i remember the building name n road correctly)
it cost u around rm50+

no ad will order the deployment to keep... because not many malaysian will buy it.... the cost is not cheap.... just business strategy....
not only iwc is like that....

I understand no AD will keep stock but the principle should lor. The big boys like Richemont & Swatch...surely they can afford to keep a few pieces of SS clasp.

Anyway mine took 2 weeks to arrive and yesterday I went to get it put in. The AD put it on for me himself...yes the guy that sold me the watch (not some sifu at the back room).
I was afraid, very afraid. But he did it in front of me. He placed my watch on the padded tray with the two jeweler's screwdrivers rolling all over the tray :o
He didnt use a strap removal tool - just one of the jewelers screwdrivers. Anyway thank goodness it was over in a minute and he didnt slip. Any longer and I may have a heart attack.
But then I found that the deployant is now jabbing into my wrist and I will need to turn the pointy end the other side. Now he will have to start messing near the case. He did tape the surround lugs with scotch tape just incase but all the time I am just  :Praying:

In the end, all is well. Deployant now falls nicely on my wrist
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 10:55:09 AM by N79KL »