Author Topic: moonphase from gs  (Read 2618 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
moonphase from gs
« on: June 14, 2009, 09:40:56 PM »
just read this... wat a beauty...

Now, Spring Drive has received the "Golden Balance Wheel" award in Germany. This prize has been awarded every year since 1998 by readers of Uhren-Magazin, one of Germany's leading watch publications and is notoriously hard to win, as there were no less than 449 contenders submitted by the world's leading watch makers! The awards are made in each of 5 price categories, with Spring Drive winning the 'Up to €5000' section.

The competition was in two parts:
First, readers of Uhren-Magazin were allowed to cast one vote each for their choice of "World's best watch 2008". From this selection, the top 10 in each price range went forward to round two. This second and final selection was made by an on-line ballot among the wider public; votes were invited from visitors to the website of the esteemed weekly magazine, Focus.
Over 12,000 registered users cast their votes on this site in December 2007 and January 2008, and the winners were declared just a few weeks ago.

Spring Drive was the clear winner in its category, defeating entries from Glashütte, Omega, Panerai, Rolex and others. The winning entry features the Moon Phase, a caliber of Spring Drive which perfectly expresses the profound harmony between the glide motion of the hands and the continuous motion of the planets.
More new Spring Drive creations were recently unveiled at the 2008 Baselworld Show. Perhaps these, too, will see further awards for this remarkable new technology in 2009.

Spring Drive Moon Phase SNR017
*    Caliber 5R67
*    Case : Stainless steel, Ø 42.3mm
*    Band : Genuine leather (crocodile) strap with stainless steel buckle
*    Glass : Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
*    Water resistance : 10 bar
*    Engraved rotor on movement
*    See-through caseback with sapphire crystal
*    The recommended retail price in Europe will be approximately Euro4,900 (tax included)
*    Limited edition of 200

Caliber 5R67
*    Hour, minute and second hands with calendar
*    Moon phase indicator
*    Power reserve indicator
*    30 jewels
*    Movement diameter :    30.0 mm
*    Movement thickness :      6.0 mm
*    288 parts
*    Power reserve : 72 hours

Offline Scott C.

Re: moonphase from gs
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 07:31:58 AM »
That's the SpringDrive I wanted earlier, it is a LE to 200 pieces only i think. Saw and tried on this locally (you know where i'm referring to, right?)... nice but it was over price that time (not sure about now)! I don't feel it is 42.3mm, i thought it is smaller when I strap it on my wrist... maybe that time i was with my pam LOL!