Author Topic: Grand Marquis 77/88  (Read 7766 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Grand Marquis 77/88
« on: April 08, 2009, 03:30:07 PM »

my bro past me this steinhart grand marquis le 77/88 for measurement of the leather strap... (i still o alot of ppl strap, bc.....)
so i put it on my wrist for the past few days...
a 48mm watch look big on my skinny wrist....

10 micron old gold plating.... a different feel of a pilot watch... dressy.... and eye catching... so many of my colleague asking bout it!

see through caseback showing the 6497 movement, ctg decorated on bridges and blued screw...
also 10 micron gold plated big pre v style buckle....
this is made even before the big pilot came out... right after azimuth bombardier I hit the market....

the lume is not fantastic but it is quite good

after few days on my wrist.... i'm bit used to its size now....

it was made for steinhart usa before it been sued by stein**** in usa.... now name changed to debaufre because steinhart got no $$$ to fight for the case.... (most us watch magazine wrote bout this bully case, big company with strong financial bullied a small new company who use founder own name, this brand name also sound different from the big company.... )

only negative side is the caseback too thin... so the big crown touch my hand too easily...
no wonder the steinhart nav b... st steel version later they improved on this... thicker caseback....

i bought this last time because i cant get the azimuth bambardier last time...

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:33:38 PM by yenfoolun »

Offline Cocobean

Re: Grand Marquis 77/88
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 04:15:07 PM »
Hey yen,

Thanks for sharing . I browse through Steinhart official website and i saw that all rate shown include 19 % VAT. Take the SS model for example , € 370 inc VAT , knowing watches are not subject to import tax and duty, how much did u pay for your SS model ? € 370 or € 299.70 ? And convert with real time exchange rate of course . Thanks in advance  :)

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 07:26:29 AM »
Yen - Both beautiful watch. Thanks for sharing.
Yup, I seen in person when yen shown it to me during our short 'yam char' session - last week.

DC
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline silverstan

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 10:37:50 AM »
wow, 48mm. if i put on this, gonna look like i am walking with a clock on my wrist.  :o
The color of this watch look classic.

Offline yong

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 10:47:44 AM »
it's a very impressive watch .large size is better suited for tall people though like yen.how much does it cost i wonder?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 12:18:17 PM »
it's a very impressive watch .large size is better suited for tall people though like yen.how much does it cost i wonder?

its bout rm2k....

Offline Cocobean

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 12:41:18 PM »

its bout rm2k....

Yen, 

If 2 k , wouldn't that a better idea to purchase direct from their official web site ?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 12:45:33 PM »

its bout rm2k....

Yen, 

If 2 k , wouldn't that a better idea to purchase direct from their official web site ?

2 yrs ago
my bro bought the grand marquis direct from steinhart (now debaufre )
and i bought the st steel direct from steinhart germany... about rm1700

Offline Cocobean

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 12:48:11 PM »
Got it and thanks .

Offline Alvin-8880

RM 2k is a good buy...
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 03:46:20 PM »
I bought my Azimuth JagBomber at RM 4k+ and looks 95% the same.

Offline Cocobean

Re: RM 2k is a good buy...
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 04:21:13 PM »
I bought my Azimuth JagBomber at RM 4k+ and looks 95% the same.

Hi Alvin,

I manage to google Azimuth Jagbomber watch and physical wise, it looks 99 % similar to Steinhart model except the brand's name printed on the dial of course. Maybe the quality of the polished surface on both case and movements are different ? Putting two watches side by side will be able to tell

Offline Alvin-8880

Same Unitas 6497
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 04:38:50 PM »
Cocoban,

The movement are the same, 6497.

Offline magpies14

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 04:56:45 PM »
Yup...both are the same movement...using the Unitas 6497...

own before the Azimuth till it left for US...

Offline Cocobean

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 09:40:15 PM »
Thanks to both of you .

I can tell that this watch houses the Unitas movement . Actually, my question was whether Azimuth polished or enchanced their case and its movement , to jack up their selling price against Steinhart . Sorry for the confusion.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 10:15:57 PM »
Thanks to both of you .

I can tell that this watch houses the Unitas movement . Actually, my question was whether Azimuth polished or enchanced their case and its movement , to jack up their selling price against Steinhart . Sorry for the confusion.

visibly no different to me, except steinhart changed to a thicker caseback to avoid the crown from touching wearer hand easily....
but i do believe at different price point, azimuth done better in QC, better presentation box....

and since huge price different, i'll definitely choose steinhart if u ask me to choose once more....
price different actually i think azimuth sell through normal way....
buy movement from soprod, order dial, watch case, box, straps.... from china, maybe hands from german / swiss / even also china
then get his watchmaker to assemble the watch, regulate, tests.... distribute it through agents in different regent, then sell it through shops...

while steinhart sell it direct from website.....