Author Topic: FP Journe Chronometre Souverain Platinum  (Read 5774 times)

Offline King Fisher

• Freshie
FP Journe Chronometre Souverain Platinum
« on: June 13, 2017, 03:06:46 PM »
Walked into a store with ALS Lange 1 in mind but ended also trying on F.P. Journe's Chronometre Souverain Platinum. I am completely enamoured of this simple yet gorgeous timepiece.
?
Everything about this piece seems perfect (except for the price of course!) - 40 mm case, snug-fit alligator strap that feels just amazing on the wrist.

And that rose gold movement is such a beauty to behold!

Now I am mulling over consolidating my collection to fund its purchase.

I realize that Patek and ALS will likely hold their value better over time, but I am smitten by the Chronometre, especially the caseback!

Thoughts?

Offline dualcarb

Re: FP Journe Chronometre Souverain Platinum
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 04:22:40 PM »
In all honesty, only PP will hold its value over time. Even ALS doesn't come close.
But we all buy timepieces because there is some magic in it when it was on your wrist while trying it out. If we all think about how it holds and retains value over time, we will all be wearing Rolexes. Don't get me wrong, I love Rolex and how it is such a solid watch. But when it comes to pure design and aesthetics, there is some magic about the Lange 1 and the FPJ. How well balanced, and how beautiful it is. The chronometre bleu has caught my eye of late. That being said, I would go FPJ first, then add the Lange 1 later.

Offline Anil J

Re: FP Journe Chronometre Souverain Platinum
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 03:20:45 AM »
I'm not sure I agree that any F P Journe watch will not appreciate in value over time. I think they are one of the finest watch makers out there. The looks and the dial layout is simply stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk