Author Topic: Fishing anybody?  (Read 5252 times)

Offline nayo

Fishing anybody?
« on: January 02, 2011, 09:10:57 AM »
Any fishing kakis here?
Am not a hantu or diehard. Just the occasional outing. Half day freshwater is my thingy, but will do longkang to the big pond (sea ). :thumbsup:

Offline kinson

Re: Fishing anybody?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 08:57:10 PM »
Haven't done it in years and years, but used to go when I was younger with dad. Don't even know if we still have the rods. But I'm open to a fishing outing :D

Offline nayo

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 07:00:53 PM »
Am more into casting artificial lures these days.
Wonder which has got more bling? The rainbow reel or the white beauty?

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 09:28:31 PM »
Im in to most kinds of sportsfishing.. dont know much about the fishing in malaysia and dont know where to buy some new equipment since all my rods and reels are baack in Sweden  >:(.. any suggestions on stores in Petaling Jaya or KL?? and some fishing spots in the area would be great to.. ive got some "stream" and "lake" just a couple of meters from where I live but the water looks nasty and so close to rads n houses (catch and release the only option for me there..)
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Offline nayo

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 07:48:22 AM »
Im in to most kinds of sportsfishing.. dont know much about the fishing in malaysia and dont know where to buy some new equipment since all my rods and reels are baack in Sweden  >:(.. any suggestions on stores in Petaling Jaya or KL?? and some fishing spots in the area would be great to.. ive got some "stream" and "lake" just a couple of meters from where I live but the water looks nasty and so close to rads n houses (catch and release the only option for me there..)

Hi Erik,
Reel in pict is actually Abu Garcia, but made in Korea, not Sweden. Fishing tackle in Sweden is expensive, even Abus. All I bought was a lure in a tackle shop in Stockholm but promptly lost it to a snag whilst trying my luck in one of the channels in the city.
The most comprehensively stocked fishing tackle shop is Syarikat Kepong. Address is 52&54 Jalan Besar Kepong, about 50m east of the Kepong police station or opposite a nearby KFC outlet. Prices are decent and you'll never feel cheated. Sorry Mods, this is not an endorsement but a recommendation. Tacklebox in SS15, Subang Jaya, is the place to go for fly fishing stuff although they do stock general tackle too. Prices are competitive.
pm your contact details and maybe we'll catch up one day for an outing. I'm in PJ.

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 07:49:20 PM »
tried to pm you Nayo if you dun recive anything mail me at [email protected]

Offline nayo

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 08:39:18 PM »
Erik, u've got pm.

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 04:59:35 PM »
Thanks for a great day Nayo :) Now post picture of my enormous catch  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 06:16:26 PM »
Wow cool, so you 2 meet up for fishing?
Do create a thread in the GTG section of the forum, would be fun to see other types of GTG as well.

Offline nayo

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 08:42:14 PM »
Thanks for a great day Nayo :) Now post picture of my enormous catch  :Laughing_on_floor:

Erik, you sure you want to do this?
Here goes.

The Master at work. O'ya note the stance.

Catch of the day. Nat Geos godzilla fish, the fearsome snakehead. O'ya, note the T Touch.

And the gracious hosts who threw a scrumptious lunch. Great Malaysian hospitality. O'ya note the sun tan.

BTW, I wasn't the host, just a mate.

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 02:16:23 PM »
And a great host he (and his family) was :) Looking so happy after feeding and lending all rods reels and lures to his alien invader :) Great dude  :thumbsup: