Author Topic: Vw golf tsi  (Read 12025 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Vw golf tsi
« on: October 30, 2010, 12:37:43 PM »
Just test drive the new golf tsi 1.4
damn.... Fast!!!
Matching it's 2.0 sibling
8second to reach 100kmh is no joke
the dual charge engine is response to ur speed demand at all rpm...

Offline Cloud7

Re: Vw golf tsi
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 09:00:55 PM »
I want this 1 too!!!!  :thumbsup:

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 01:33:32 AM »
Gosh... pls do not start the poison...!!! Enough poison in this forum already...

I was eagerly waiting for it when I first read it in magazine 1 year ago... but the price here is double compared to UK price due to heavy duty. A product of protectism... Proton boleh ! Hidup Proton !!!

The only tax-free car now in M'sia is Hybrid car, ie. Toyota Prius (~139k) & Honda Civic Hybrid (~97k). Though both are designed to conserve energy, mind u the new turbo engine of modern car with petro or diesel can match the low consumption anytime ! This Golf & Polo are meant for it.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 07:20:37 AM »
Rm150k++ for a 1.4 car sound crazy...
But when u feel more than 90% of the bigger car on the street even at 2000cc also can't chase u....
Hmm...

Malaysia national car policy only benefit a group of ppl not the rakyat
rakyat didahulukan? Na!!!

Offline swleong

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 09:17:07 AM »
the TSI engine manyak bagus oh, i tested the Polo 1.2 TSI and can already feel the power  :Dancing_banana:

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 09:26:40 AM »
Sorry to pour cold water. Speed thrills but dangerous.

In our Malaysian boleh road, nothing or many road gives you a 8sec / 100kph, unless you do on a rally track.

In my younger days at the Federal Auto, I did once did a x sec/100kph on a volvo turbo. The thrill gives, but when I recalled back after that event, its really shudder. In that split seconds, (unless you are a professsional) anything could happened.......

Behind the wheel, think of your famalies......really not worth the 8 seconds thrill.....

But nevertheless, the Vw golf is a well built car.....for driving pleasure......

My 2 cents...
dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 06:51:48 PM »
Chris, tat engine is pack with turbo rite?  give u a great feel on G-force ya?

my subbie is driving a golf gti and he say the Fuel Consumption is 14km/litre (he have a heavy leg not tat type of gentle leg).... :o and his fren driving Audi A3 and FC is 14-16km/litre...damn it 2000cc car FC is lower thn 1800/1600cc car...nowdays Continental car FC is real low...

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 07:53:54 PM »
Chris, tat engine is pack with turbo rite?  give u a great feel on G-force ya?

my subbie is driving a golf gti and he say the Fuel Consumption is 14km/litre (he have a heavy leg not tat type of gentle leg).... :o and his fren driving Audi A3 and FC is 14-16km/litre...damn it 2000cc car FC is lower thn 1800/1600cc car...nowdays Continental car FC is real low...

its a dual charge engine...low rpm super charge n  high rpm turbo charge....
so very low fuel consumption....

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »
chris,

u shld perhaps test drive the golf gti mark 6. the powerband is even better, couldnt agree the dsg gb is fun to drive too.
but again, a very noisy car but that's racing spirit! eh... not sure about the dual-charge 1.4l variant.. but the gti.. hv to watchout the watertemp occasionally... be prepared to put a bottle of mineral water in car. :)

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 10:08:52 AM »
the water radiator got overheat problem??

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 11:54:12 AM »
I drove the 2.0 gti last yr...
6.9 sec to reach 100kph, yes, it's faster...

But for that price, u got plenty of option!
N this 1.4 tsi is not noisy actually, much lower fuel consumption according to the dealer principal...

If I strike the big sweep 1st price I will buy either 1....

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 12:41:03 PM »
the water radiator got overheat problem??

It drinks water, the computer will tell u when u require a refill  :) but on occassionally basis. Just makesure the water tank is filled up if u going for a long cruise.

Chris,
In longrun, I think the 1.4l will likely to hv higher maintenance level if compare to the 2.0l. Theorically, supercharge at low rpm + turbo charge at higher rpm = fulltime force induction with the limited cc the engine could produce.

Just my tiny 2 cents.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 07:11:39 PM »
Sorry to pour cold water. Speed thrills but dangerous.

In our Malaysian boleh road, nothing or many road gives you a 8sec / 100kph, unless you do on a rally track.

In my younger days at the Federal Auto, I did once did a x sec/100kph on a volvo turbo. The thrill gives, but when I recalled back after that event, its really shudder. In that split seconds, (unless you are a professsional) anything could happened.......

Behind the wheel, think of your famalies......really not worth the 8 seconds thrill.....

But nevertheless, the Vw golf is a well built car.....for driving pleasure......

My 2 cents...
dc

Must have been one of those 850 T5? I had one, mod with chip change. 0-100 (on track) below 6 sec.... miss that car. Gave up after first baby. Fastest I have gone on land... 270 km/h. Everything blur....

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 08:21:21 PM »
the vw dealer said the 1.4tsi chip already available!

Offline Samajaya168

• ^_^
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 12:53:11 PM »
GTI  :thumbsup:

1.4  :thumbsup:

both tried, my fren own d GTI Mk6, then test drive 1.4

thinkin of it often  ;D
AP - 15710
ROLEX - 116710
FM - GPG 9900
PANERAI - PAM 00000
CHOPARD - 168457-3005
ZENITH - 03.2430.3000/21.C738
SINN - Art-Nr. 1020.040
TISSOT - T066.427.17.047.00
OMEGA - 1513.30.00 (TRADED)
IWC -  IW500703 (TRADED)

Offline Cocobean

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 08:49:59 AM »
Hey boys, Its been a while since my last post. I like to share a little on VW Golf 1.4 . TSI .
I had chance to drive VW Golf ( MK5, see pic, i know you guys are talking about MK6 ) of similar engine last years for over 600 km on varies road condition , from 4 laned motorway to hilly-winding and narrow coastal road. My drive experience makes me fall in love in vw golf. I didn't realise it was 1.4 TSI at first, it seems too powerful for a small engine to hit 160 km/h on the motorway with small push on the pedal. As on hilly road ( see pic ), handlings are very good and i get full control on both sharp or minor turn. Acceleration impresses me everytime i engage lower gear when i go uphill ( i drove manual one ).
In Malaysia , especially those in Klang Valley, you probably have little chance to drive hilly + winding + narrow road. Myvi will serve you pretty well for daily commute unless you have spare bucks to throw even after having 'watch collecting hobby'...

narrow and hilly road

winding road

thats me  :laugh:, setting up tent & my rented VW Golf

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 10:02:07 AM »
Wow! You really have a good time there  :thumbsup:

Offline Cocobean

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 05:58:13 AM »
haha , indeed i had really good time back there. I love outdoor activity very much.

Anyway, this tread is about VW Golf and i simply share my experience when drive in various type of road for considerably long distance. When you book a test drive at VW agent, they simply limit you to some good flat-straight road. This car can handle much worst. cheers.