Author Topic: Official 2010 Formula-1 thread  (Read 41190 times)

Offline takashi78

Re: Official 2010 Formula-1 thread
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 04:43:32 PM »
I never watch it on tv.
Always download it from finalgear website.

http://www.finalgear.com/

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 01:03:46 PM »
Right, Peter, everything is on the web. Astro better be worry if they continue increasing the month fee.  ;D

Offline takashi78

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 06:37:03 AM »
Just found this online. He looked so young.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 06:35:28 AM »
These are the winners of the SingTel GP Grid Girls contest.... :-\
SG cant come up with better?

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 07:13:39 AM »
HUBLOT is sponsoring F1 races as a whole brand, not for drivers..
TAG for long has been sponsoring McLaren Drivers...but i have yet seen any model being associated with Jenson Button....

For long watches company have been working hand to hand with F1 fret...but nowadays instead of only the luxurious watch maker like HUBLOT ,Graham & Tag...some of the sponsor make only affordable watches. As example the TW Steel for renault and Casio for RBR...Both are affordable watches

I think we all know that PANERAI also make watches for Ferrari, but i always wonder why they never want to sponsor the Ferrari F1 team ?

A while ago there was F1 watches made by Jacques Lemans from Austria i believe, but those pieces are really suck...i never like it...luckily it is cheap enough...i dont think they have any license to produce F1 watches anymore...

TAG has been considerate enough not to forget the ladies fan of f1...they make some awesome F1 ladies watch...i couldnt think of any other ladies F1 watch...Despite not necessary for you to be a F1 fan to own one, but if you are hardcore F1 fan like me, owning one bring lots of pleasure...which is one of the main reason i bought my Casio Edifice...

The 2010 HUBLOT F1 king is awesome....

i love it very much with its dark appeal+red crown. However I am rather frustrated with 2010 Graham Mercedes GP..

the dial seem mundane to me, and i wish they will make a model base on the Chronofighter Oversize they way they did it for the TT Isle of Man...awesome.... (oh yes i love Graham)

By the way, actually i just noticed this post...heheh...I am big fan of F1 by the way...been passionate with it since i was lil kid...three things i love in life...watch, F1 and cars...typical boys right...hehhehe

This year seem like a very intresting race to me...5 drivers battle head to head till today and i think this will continue till the last 3 race when it become 3 ways championship fight...I hope button could squeeze his way through but webber seem like a cooler driver and least to crack...and yet again, i think vettel would blow his chance this time around....but hey, this is 2010 f1...u cant really predict what would be the outcome...(unlike the tad boring 2003 season)

On the other note, it is pretty exciting having two Malaysian related team on the circuit...Mercedez GP Petronas and Lotus...I hope next year schumi will do well, and Lotus with new renault engine would do better than Force India , Sauber & STR...and yes of course the HTR and Virgin...
Funny i never like schumi till this year, seing him being human and struggling, attract me well....If he can beat the odd next year, he will become a legend and a good motivation story...i love seing him being weak at the moment but didnt admit to defeat...go on schumi, beat the odd , beat the physic...use your mind blowing power....hehehhehe

errkkk long rant ya...sorry :)

One more pic i found over the weekend.
For those who watch Top Gear.

BTW why is he wearing a Tag watch?
Isn't he supposed to be sponsored by JLC or Hublot?

Offline takashi78

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2010, 07:41:51 AM »
To me, Petronas was a sell out not to sponsor Lotus as the true local Malaysian team.
Well maybe the exposure of MS is to much not to go with it.
Looks like Lotus is set to be the best of the new teams and really hope they do much better next year. Maybe go within 1sec of STR? or even beat them in quali.

I still pray long and hard for Kimi to return next year!

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 09:48:58 AM »
To me, yes it is a good decision by Petronas not to join lotus. But also a very good decision by people behind lotus to start lotus. It is a good work so far. Their pace is as what expected from them and that saying they are doing a very good job. Far better than the start of Jaguar, Super Aguri ,Arrows, etc ...considering that lotus build the car from scratch, not buying car from anyone...engineering point of view, what they have accomplished is remarkable to me

In my point of view, Petronas clearly going into different direction. Not building a team of their own, but merely supporting a team. The way Shell work with Ferrari in which work well with their product. And off late, Petronas has been making some genius motorsport investment. Look at name in their stable, from schumi,nico, rossi, lorenzo, and those people in Japan GT...this is huge improvement as compared to several years back...And that is different direction from Lotus...Lotus is about a team of malaysian people, building a formula 1 team, by getting talents from all around the work to work for us....that is different modul, different concept...and for us as malaysian what a joy to have a team to support battling the top place, and team fighting to be the best of new comer...salute both....

I know the pace of lotus is quite off than the top team..but that is F1...No we cant blame it on cosworth engine,  william did well with the same engine...hence that goes down to the body work...but than again with limited time (knowledge and experience) they have in designing the car, i think it is reasonable enough they are where they are at the moment...it took at leats some time just to build the team of people and the work place before everybody could put down their effort in building the car....I am sure they will do well very soon...Now with renault next year, it is not a guarantee that it would become an immediate succes, RBR took so long with renault to be where they are nowadays...it take time to understand the engine (plus the 40 hp deficit renault having at the moment...) so what you said make sense....1 sec better than STR...that would be brilliant...remember STR is using Ferarri engine...but looking at the attitude they are having at the moment...I wont be surprise if Lotus emerge as top among the mid runner next year...optmisic yes, but also realistic...not many team has the same level of enthusiasm like lotus....that make a lot of different....

F1 is like world or watch making...highly complicated and demanding...years back, i was fortunate to be young potential engineer being invited by petronas to meet their f1 engineer...two malay guy...my hero obviously...to bad those days as students i couldnt afford to have camera phone with me....and that session kindda build me up into what i am today...

Pray hard for Kimi to come...but then again...a few fact
a) Kimi has just won his first Rally recently...if i am kimi..i would opt to stay longer...what else to chase in F1 anyway ?
b) Vitaly Petrov pave way for russian millions to come in to Renault...and he is not a bad driver either...Kimi may not bring as much money and he will ask for huge wages...in the end F1 is a business
c) Very unlikely Kimi would want to drive for small team like Force India or Lotus so to speak...If he come back , it must be for world champion quality car...not many available...
d) The top team seem like having a full seat for now...unless they kick schumi out and merc bring kimi in...there is no rumors on that, but possible...but also unlikely...ahhh what a statement....

Offline takashi78

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2010, 11:55:38 AM »
Kimi won his first rally event but remember thats not in the WRC event.

I think Renault is the best choice for him to return if he does. Off course unelss BRB kicks Mark out.

We can all hope right? haha.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2010, 06:20:38 AM »
Can anyone spot what watch Heiki is wearing?
Dont look like a B&R to me. Or maybe it is? :P

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2010, 08:53:36 AM »
If i am Kimi , i would jump into WRC next year...imagine having two world champion belt from two different dicipline...that would be plain awesome...

Doubt they want to kick Mark out...he is doing well and if they kick mark to bring balance to the team, it wont work. They still empolying vettel and bringing kimi in , they still have problem of having two world champion quality driver...

Hence yes, Renault would be the best choice... :)

Anyhow, anyone going to Singapore race this year? Should be interesting....sigh i wish i can be there...

Kimi won his first rally event but remember thats not in the WRC event.

I think Renault is the best choice for him to return if he does. Off course unelss BRB kicks Mark out.

We can all hope right? haha.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2010, 09:24:24 AM »
Looks like high chance of rain for the GP or SG.
Would be interesting to see if the lights will pose a problem with glare.
Night race in the rain on the streets would be awesome !!!

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2010, 10:45:44 AM »
should be very intresting, even recently when i drove at night, heavy rain pour and i have problem with visibility and it scared the shit out of me :)
Now with Formula 1 speed...i wonder how that work out....

btw - new rumors on kubica switch to ferrari and massa to sauber...that should leave a nice spot for kimi, and renault get to keep russian million with them...win win situation for them but that might leave komui or nick without a car to race...i think Peter will keep nick then pity komui...he is quite a good driver...

What is your view on the rumors of Jacques V buying out HRT...do u think he should return back to racing ?

Offline takashi78

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2010, 11:06:09 AM »
Not possible for Kubica as he is contracted until the end of 2012.
Same thing for Massa as well he is still contracted for Ferrari next year.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/238354/renault-retains-kubica-until-end-of-2012/

As much as i wanna see JV back on the grid i dont see it happening as well. Too bad his career in F1 ended the way it did.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2010, 01:00:01 PM »
Just to make this watch related here is 2 pics of Button in SG Tag boutique for an event.
2nd pic is just i like to see her :P

Has anyone seen this ad before? I havent seen in KL

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2010, 01:16:09 PM »
Kimi was well contracted when he make way for Alonso (which i still couldn't understand why they do it ? )

I dont want to see JV to come back...never like him...hehehhehe...and his last 3 years in F1, it was lousy job...

Not possible for Kubica as he is contracted until the end of 2012.
Same thing for Massa as well he is still contracted for Ferrari next year.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/238354/renault-retains-kubica-until-end-of-2012/

As much as i wanna see JV back on the grid i dont see it happening as well. Too bad his career in F1 ended the way it did.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2010, 01:17:27 PM »
I didnt realize that they already come up a watch for Button...
and despite not liking TAG brand, this is one of few model i like...sigh...now that is tale tale for me to get one...hahahahha

Just to make this watch related here is 2 pics of Button in SG Tag boutique for an event.
2nd pic is just i like to see her :P

Has anyone seen this ad before? I havent seen in KL

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2010, 01:24:26 PM »
Let us list down watches being associated with F1

WATCH COMPANY - ASSOCIATED WITH
HUBLOT - F1 GLOBAL BRAND
JACQUES LEMANS - F1 MERCHANDISE
TAG HEUR - MCLAREN
CERTINA - SAUBER
TW STEEL - RENAULT
CASIO - RBR
GRAHAM - MERCEDEZ
ORIS - WILLIAMS

I couldn't recall any "watch maker" logo on  Ferrari, Lotus , Force India, Virgin, HTR, STR,

Offline takashi78

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2010, 01:45:17 PM »
It wasnt a special model for him per say. Its the LE SG GP edition. So Button got one free.
Aint it good to be a racing driver? Pretty girlfriend and get to drive cars for a living. Every boys dream.

Oh there is perks to being the gf of a racing driver as well, Jessica got herself a free watch also, with diamonds.

Last pics with Jenson and his LE SG GP Monaco

Offline takashi78

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2010, 06:56:16 AM »
Congrats to Alonso ! Flawless drive.

Lotus goes out in style

Ferrari pit crew bored before the race

Welcome back Klien

Some eye candy

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2010, 07:03:37 AM »
erms...Alonso back to stage ya??

Offline takashi78

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2010, 07:20:00 AM »
Isnt the pic above enough proof?

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2010, 02:07:45 PM »
never like alonso but a well deserved win....
ehehehe

btw the lotus on fire is an awesome view...they put in great drama for F1 so far....the webber shunt to heiki, the HRT collison and flying cars, the drama in bahrain and it seem they like to stop the car on the final lap....hehehehhe...twice so far if i am not mistaken (bahrain and singapore)...hehehhe

so now, the battle continue more intensely...I hope the next race button would win, and vettel got another second,,,and the next race they change to another winner...creating 5 way battle up to the last race..now that would be fun...would also be more fun if unlikely driver win the race like schumi , kubica , rosberg or s.buemi...heheheh

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2010, 08:47:30 PM »
Do you notice that the Singapore race usually take longer to finish it compared to other GP's even whitout the safety car? Yesterday race took nearly 2hrs to finish it.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2010, 03:17:10 PM »
yeap, singapore gp almost pass the 2hrs limit...hehehe

big havoc now with Proton & Group Lotus vs Tony Fernandez...I said suck to Tony...he got big headed this time...
I dont like Lotus with no real relation to real lotus...might as well get lotus name from restoren lotus....lagi better...ahhaha

but then again..that is only my opinion

Offline takashi78

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2010, 03:29:58 PM »
I think as long as in the long run he can do justice to the Lotus name it should all be good.

As we know even in watches, brands like Breguet etc all has little to do with the original owner/family or group of people who started it.

Hope Tony and Mike can build it to a strong mid field team in the coming years and then we will see what happen.

Still far cry from the days of Senna though.

The SG GP was finished in 1hr57mins, still time for 1-2 laps.

To again show my support for Kimi, he still holds the track record for the Marina Bay circuit. Yay!