Author Topic: which wrist do you wear your watch?  (Read 19675 times)

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
which wrist do you wear your watch?
« on: August 11, 2011, 09:21:54 AM »
I wear mine on my left. And not because of my military background - we were told not to wear watches on the right, because only warrant officers are allowed to adorn their right wrist with this:

Don't get me wrong, I rock it like this from time to time:

So, in the nutshell, the finer things in life does not have to be the most expensive or exotic item or place one could have.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Re: which wrist do you wear your watch?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 09:36:03 AM »
Since i was a kid, i wear my watches on my right hand... And i write using my right hand... And kenot change liao coz sudah biasa...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 09:59:52 AM »
Since i was a kid, i wear my watches on my right hand... And i write using my right hand... And kenot change liao coz sudah biasa...
same. Thats why i wear nato strap all the time to keep the watch in a mint condition. If wear bracelet, there will be a LOT of desk diving scratches. I worn out my epos rubber strap while writing so all my white pieces of papers are greyish everytime during my last few years in college. I cant wear leather as i sweat a fair bit.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »

I remembered when i was a kid, i wear my watches on my left wrist BUT somehow i can't recall when the watches was change to my right wrist  :o and it remain at there until now.  ;D  :Laughing_on_floor:
watchManU

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 10:27:27 AM »
Glad to know there are similar people like me...
I tot i cacat coz when I write with my watch on my right hand, ppl tend to tell me I am wearing my watch wrong...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 10:35:36 AM »
I'm lost. Will this question provide an indication of the personality, socio-economic status, ............ or any beneficial info on the wearer? Delighted to be educate  ;D

Obviously you wear it wrong side

:Dancing_banana:
So, in the nutshell, the finer things in life does not have to be the most expensive or exotic item or place one could have.

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 10:38:32 AM »

i am still cacat...

fixed it for you

:Laughing_on_floor:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 10:40:53 AM »
Define wrong side please.

It's the side of bed that you got up this morning  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 10:41:57 AM »
You guys sure take things a bit too seriously. Lighten up.

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 10:51:47 AM »
Mine is always on the left, cause right is for the mouse
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline besview

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 08:33:49 PM »
I m with the majority ie,right handed people wear on the left...at home i wear on both :Dancing_banana:

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 11:29:20 PM »
I m with the majority ie,right handed people wear on the left...at home i wear on both :Dancing_banana:

besview, you mean you wear watches on both wrist at the same time OR your watches change from left wrist to right wrist from time to time at home?   ;D
watchManU

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 07:06:58 AM »
I may be wrong but where the crown of the watch is situated is an indication where it should be worn.

Isn't this why PAM has either left or right sided crown on their watches for left handers and right handers, respectively? So does Citizen.

If worn on the correct wrist, it would be easier for the free hand to tweak the crown.

Anyway, I being too scientific about this. Where you wear your watch is your own individual preference. If you feel its right - it right. :thumbsup:
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 01:07:31 PM »
I may be wrong but where the crown of the watch is situated is an indication where it should be worn.

Isn't this why PAM has either left or right sided crown on their watches for left handers and right handers, respectively? So does Citizen.

If worn on the correct wrist, it would be easier for the free hand to tweak the crown.

Anyway, I being too scientific about this. Where you wear your watch is your own individual preference. If you feel its right - it right. :thumbsup:

bro meoramri and mwf members,

how about below bullhead watches? the crown is on top of the watch.  ;D ;D ;D :D

watchManU

Offline swleong

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 08:39:41 PM »

don't think that the crown design has much implication on which hand it should be worn as most ppl take off their watches when winding and adjusting, it should be more on which hand you use to wind and adjust the crown IMO.

By the way, i wear my watch on the right wrist simply because my right wrist is thicker and bigger than my left's, and i'm a right hander

Offline johnjoux

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 11:06:39 PM »
Wear on my left . Some ppl wear it upside down too ( watch facing down ) Thats funny

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 07:57:13 AM »
Wear on my left . Some ppl wear it upside down too ( watch facing down ) Thats funny

wearing the watch face downward actualy make you easier to see the time when u are driving. One of the vintage omega actually are worn like tat

Offline johnjoux

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 11:25:09 AM »
Woah Didn't know that .... Learnt something today

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, 12:12:13 PM »

wearing the watch face downward actualy make you easier to see the time when u are driving. One of the vintage omega actually are worn like tat
Bro.... can u elaborate on this... how can wearing a watch face down benefit when driving?.. ???
thanks
Jacky Wong

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, 12:52:41 PM »
Here is the image of Omega "Chronostop" notice the clap is on the location where the watch head usually located

Bro.... can u elaborate on this... how can wearing a watch face down benefit when driving?.. ???
thanks

I dunno how to explain by word but i will post up photo explaning later on.  ;D

It is basiclly you no need to twist your arm as much as u will normaly did if you drive with the watching facing downward since you are driving on the road at very fast speed where you would not one to look off the road for long time (i tried tat and it was scarry lol)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:00:25 PM by Gigi »

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 01:44:44 PM »
Here is the image of Omega "Chronostop" notice the clap is on the location where the watch head usually located

thanks

I dunno how to explain by word but i will post up photo explaning later on.  ;D

It is basiclly you no need to twist your arm as much as u will normaly did if you drive with the watching facing downward since you are driving on the road at very fast speed where you would not one to look off the road for long time (i tried tat and it was scarry lol)

bro gigi, demo photos will be GOOD!  :thumbsup:  :Cheers:
watchManU

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 01:57:07 PM »
This is a pic of Richard Petty, a legendary NASCAR racer. Observe how he wears his lowlex daytona:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
when you're driving with your hands on the steering wheel (where they obviously should be!!), the bottom part of your wrist is more visible than the upper part. it then makes sense to wear the watch head on the lower part so you don't have to flick your wrist to read the dial(s).

for right hand drive like here, it would be better to have the watch on your right hand because the gear shift is on your left.

Offline scalpel72

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 03:42:24 PM »

I have always worn my watch on my left,
am also right handed, that I think prevents
more scratches and dings as I tend to use
the right hand for more forceful actions