Author Topic: Officine Panerai - Just a fashion house??  (Read 169518 times)

Offline asimo

Re: Officine Panerai - Just a fashion house??
« Reply #325 on: July 23, 2016, 02:09:24 PM »

Wearing today ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Watchnut888

• Freshie
« Reply #326 on: October 29, 2016, 09:22:35 AM »
From my view I think Pam may look like fashion watches due to it's design.  But I believe is more than just a fashion watch with large dail, chuncky case and quality especially the unique crown protector from that point I feel panerai got it's own DNA, that's make me feel special and I believe is really worth to have at least one PAM in every swiss watch collector.  :Cheers: ;)

Offline Cocas

« Reply #327 on: October 31, 2016, 08:46:54 AM »
It is very common that if a fashion can last long enough, then it can become a classic! :thumbsup:

Offline Cocas

« Reply #328 on: June 22, 2017, 04:15:56 PM »
It's interesting to find that the banker (very senior key officer) wearing Panerai! :thumbsup:

The German car - Bxx AD sales team in Johor most of them wearing Panerai too  :thumbsup:

Offline el118

« Reply #329 on: June 22, 2017, 08:02:23 PM »
I think Panerai has somehow over-stretched itself to the blink of being deserted by its hard core fans. popularity has dwindled significantly over the recent years.

Offline asimo

« Reply #330 on: June 22, 2017, 08:21:42 PM »
too many similar models.. even Limited Edition.. can't really differentiate ..

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #331 on: June 24, 2017, 05:07:32 PM »
Don't own one, never will
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline rrk

• Freshie
« Reply #332 on: June 26, 2017, 01:13:54 PM »
Owned 3 - PAM 392, PAM90 and PAM 512.

They all were really nice watches and looked nice on the wrist. But the 392 and 90 were quite heavy and I found them uncomfortable on my smallish wrist. Sold them both. On larger wrists they fit well and look nice.

The 512 is an amazing looking watch and can be used for causal and dress occasions.

All in all I wouldn't buy the first two again because they felt too heavy but I can safely say they are not just a fashion watch brand. They make some interesting stuff and they do have quite a dedicated following among many watch lovers/collectors.

Offline AbbasHabshee

« Reply #333 on: June 26, 2017, 01:41:58 PM »
What not to like about it? Various choices of materials cases and models! Various choices of movements as well! ETA, In-House and other Brands In-House movements in its watches ( Rolex, JLC, Piaget etc )

Used to disliked it one time ago and changed my mind immediately after handling one in flesh! It has the iconic design just like the Rolex for example which can be detected at a glance and the history of the Brand itself somehow relates to the Rolex Brand as the first Case of the watch was design by Rolex. To me, this brand has its ups and downs but im digging some of its references  with pure simplicity ;)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:34:06 PM by AbbasHabshee »

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #334 on: June 26, 2017, 03:58:01 PM »
Panerai makes burger watches. And I have small wrists. So the relationship won't work. However, their designs aren't bad looking.
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline Ray55

• Freshie
« Reply #335 on: June 26, 2017, 04:18:07 PM »
It's more than just a fashion watch, to me it is very robust chunky and well build Italian watch! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Quality wise is a lot better than any most other swiss watches from my view.
RRAYY

Offline berdsc

• Freshie
« Reply #336 on: July 09, 2017, 11:32:59 AM »
OP has a unique watch look that make it so popular nowadays. Secondly they had limitation on production via series/model thus make them so famous overnight when the demand mostly came from ASia.

But nowadays trend is going down on OP, they had countless model nowadays. a little bit changes had come with another model#. It make the collectors confuse. They still maintain the production limit however creating more model is the only way to make them hit their sales budget.

Offline alex chong

« Reply #337 on: July 16, 2017, 08:46:50 AM »
PANERAI at it's best. Sturdy watch.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #338 on: July 21, 2017, 07:22:03 AM »
Trend changed

The fashionable panerai go thinner, new material, new technology...

They are selling historical inspired but modern future watch now

Anyway... I still love most basic Pam

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #339 on: July 23, 2017, 02:10:25 PM »
It is indeed interesting to see where Panerai is at the present moment. To me, I think that Panerai is still an interesting brand and with what is happening at the moment, it is great for those who want to get into the brand. You can now get the watch with a discount and I have been told that the discount is pretty generous. Great, from a brand that never use to give discount.

I have told that sales are slow, no longer a 'hot' brand. To me, great. Now you, collectors and not dolphins, can get the watches you want, even special edition without the need to beg, be on a list or having to buy another watch to get the watch you want.

For those hoping to make a buck or two, I believe that ship has left.

I like Panerai, always have and always will. It has an interesting history, well for those who question its military history, lets settle with its modern one then. It has had a very interesting modern history (from 1997) with many who like the brand and as many who hate the brand.

But one thing is for certain, not many 'fashion' brand has had such a colorful modern history and not many 'fashion' brand could sustain its 'buy and make money' history for the past 20 years, indeed a feat in itself.

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #340 on: July 23, 2017, 02:58:34 PM »
It was very unfortunate that they discontinued the PAM00000 and replaced with PAM01000 which has lower water resistant for a dive watch brand  >:(
~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #341 on: July 24, 2017, 08:02:39 AM »
It was very unfortunate that they discontinued the PAM00000 and replaced with PAM01000 which has lower water resistant for a dive watch brand  >:(

Sadly so. A 2 piece case design with snap back case back? 100M WR? Sigh. But there are lots of zeros on the preloved market.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #342 on: July 24, 2017, 08:11:22 AM »

Sadly so. A 2 piece case design with snap back case back? 100M WR? Sigh. But there are lots of zeros on the preloved market.
Its not a snap cb, according to Hammer.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/thread/1498498269/last-1498569349/View+entire+thread

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #343 on: July 24, 2017, 10:28:09 AM »

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/thread/1498498269/last-1498569349/View+entire+thread

Ah .... I see. My humble apologies. It's a 2 piece case design with a PRESSURE FIT case back.  ::)

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #344 on: July 24, 2017, 09:17:08 PM »

Ah .... I see. My humble apologies. It's a 2 piece case design with a PRESSURE FIT case back.  ::)
Does this new design has better functionality over the previous screw back? I am new to Panerai...

I am deciding either to get a pre owned PAM000 or a new PAM510. If anyone knows which AD can get good discount pls do PM me. Much appreciated

Sent from my P01V using Tapatalk

~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #345 on: July 24, 2017, 09:34:52 PM »
Screw in is proven

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #346 on: July 25, 2017, 10:41:12 AM »
Good to see this thread are being revived.

Yes, Panerai is a brand with controversy. i think the “brotherhood” bonding are still there for the Ristis. This is what I encounter during the Singapore Ristis GTG some time ago. Some of the Ristis just keeping 1 or 2 pieces to remain in the Ristis circle.

I still love Panerai watch but only to those historical piece (which I can’t afford) and basic one which using ETA 6497.

Btw, where is Myristis boy going nowadays? ;D

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #347 on: July 25, 2017, 11:20:15 AM »
Does this new design has better functionality over the previous screw back? I am new to Panerai...

I am deciding either to get a pre owned PAM000 or a new PAM510. If anyone knows which AD can get good discount pls do PM me. Much appreciated

Sent from my P01V using Tapatalk

Does not seem to provide better functionality with regards to rated water resistance. Down from 300M to 100M.

The Zero and 510 are 2 very different watches, with the zero being powered by an ETA movt and the 510 an in-house 8 day movt.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #348 on: July 25, 2017, 11:25:18 AM »
Does not seem to provide better functionality with regards to rated water resistance. Down from 300M to 100M.
But seriously speaking, how many of us using our diver watch for actual diving  :D

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #349 on: July 25, 2017, 11:37:59 AM »
But seriously speaking, how many of us using our diver watch for actual diving  :D

True true, but nice to have nonetheless.