Author Topic: Just sharing something that I came upon in FB - SCAMMER ALERT  (Read 6563 times)

Offline dexson

As per title above.. I came across this post today and thought of sharing it.

Again, there is no free lunch and good stuffs doesn't come cheap ! but yet again.. scammer disguise can be very terror nowdays..

https://www.facebook.com/you.jie.37/posts/1673874486039272

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: Just sharing something that I came upon in FB - SCAMMER ALERT
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 02:43:36 PM »

This is not typical scamming in my opinion. Both Panerai and Rolex only cost RM30k? Is either the buyer is naive or stupid to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline daleyusof

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 03:30:10 PM »

This is not typical scamming in my opinion. Both Panerai and Rolex only cost RM30k? Is either the buyer is naive or stupid to begin with.

Normally its not true if its too good to be true...

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 04:14:13 PM »
Reading through the post and the associated police report, there were just too many tell-tale signs there. The buyer was a young 23-year old chap. He thought that he netted the bargain of a century when his (also young) friend i.e. Datuk Clement Wong wanted to sell off the Folex and Fanerai watches to him at merely RM30k, to raise monies for his marriage.

Red flag #1 : If the watches were genuine, the seller friend i.e. Clement Wong could have easily raised the RM30k just by going to a pawnshop.
Red flag #2 : Only the watches? No boxed set? The deal should have been transacted at the SC to be sure.
Red flag #3 : Clement was a young chap in sales and his FB profile was just written as D Clement Wong. If he was a real Datuk, he could use the title openly (but if he wasn't, it would be a criminal offence to do so). In all his sales convention pictures on FB and there were loads, his name on the slides were just Clement Wong. No Datuk there. And since there were so many self-acclaimed fake Datuks these days, I just did a quick search on the name and there was no official Datukship awarded to such a name (unless his name was not updated into the central system as yet). If he was a person whom could faked a title to look good, how could the buyer trust the watches that he was selling?

Buyer should have just walked away from the deal. Buy the seller, not just the watch. In this case, the seller was simply not bankable.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 07:52:34 PM by D'Andy »
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |