Author Topic: Wotancraft Decima Flottiglia MAS : Originale - ORI-S010 Mario Arillo  (Read 4282 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator

i am a big fan of vintage panerai, however we can never afford, so i always choose to modern panerai that closer to its original look. the most unique feature of panerai watches that brought them today success, you cant deny that it is due to its tm crown guard !

first panerai watch with the famous crown guard is the rolex ref 6152/1
the modern panerai that close to this vintage piece is the Pam 372

but what a bout the strap ? when i google images of vintage panerai, found the famous ref 6152/1 story here
Story of Mario Arillo

so i have target a strap look as close to this....
in the market, many strap maker making strap look like vintage. i have decided to go for this

Wotancraft Decima Flottiglia MAS : Originale - ORI-S010 Mario Arillo

there are plenty of distressed leather straps available nowadays.
some are artificially painted to look distressed
some are going through special process to actually seasoned / aged the leather
the Wotancraft Decima Flottiglia MAS : Originale series is the later

does it look better than the oem distressed cracked leather?

this strap isnt cheap
the question is whether its justifable ? so i always ask below questions and answers myself before i purchase a strap

1. What leather is used for this strap? indian cow? thailand cow? italian calf?....

italian calf was used for this strap. its light and soft. its aged dark brown. sea water aged.

2. craftmanship fine? the attention of details always made the different... the cut is accurate, the stitch is straigh, it size is fit, the comfort when we wear...

this is 4.5 mm thick, very well stitched both the strap and the 2 keepers. end of stitch was properly finished.
    its easy to put on and leather to go through its keeper, not too tight or too loose.
    i will say its comfort from the day one you put on your wrist, no need time to break the leather 

3. extra unique techniques / skills ?

this wotan craft was hand aged to make it look like the original Mario Arillo watch actual leather strap, up to very fine details. this took hours to achieve and yrs to master its skill....

4. package

this strap come with a finely made Retro Vintage AMMO Pouch x1 and a box. the strap also have sewed in stainless steel buckle which also aged to match. plus a bronze color SLC key chain.

if i am going to rate this strap

1. leather quality 10/10
2. craftmanship 10/10
3. packaging 9/10
4. price 8/10 ( we never say things cheap nowadays )

here is the last picture of my pam372 and pam 449

sorry for photo quality, shot with my iphone is dim light condition