Author Topic: Mad dog Elephant Strap  (Read 4802 times)

Offline kygan711

Mad dog Elephant Strap
« on: August 13, 2014, 11:11:51 AM »
I ordered a Elephant strap recently from Mad dog straps. It caught me due to the uncommon material so was tempted to try it out.

Took about 25 days for it to arrive from the date of post from Austria or Germany which is were the maker is located and he required about 10-15 days from confirmation to make it. Nice and fast email response guy named Mr Ingo and very helpful if you need help during customisation of your strap.

Quality: Nicely made and good craftmanship. Inside backing is also elephant leather but not dyed in the gray colour. It's black. Soft and comfortable to wear maybe 7 out 10 scale. Minimal leather smells maybe elephant doesn't smell or I cant recognize the smell of elephant like I am accustomed to ammo strap and leather strap smells hahahah.

Durability: Quite thick about 4-4.5mm and stitching are also thicker than normal. I think this is the strap maker's trademark because I think this is one of their attractions when you buy strap from them. All done very nicely and tidy for a fully handmade product.

Design: Can't say much cause I bought it as I like the colour, the sparse and impromptu texture and "Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder". So you got to judge if this is down your alley. Mad dog straps tend to be supplied with one thicker keeper which he highly recommend and I oblige. I would prefer 2 after testing this for 1 day but the single keep still works fine.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase.

Pro's - Quality strap as you can expect from handmade products. Colour and product as per pics posted in his website.
Con's- Maybe 2 keeper ? ( Personal preference ). Another hole at strap due to smaller wrist size ( 6.5inch ) as the first hole @ 50mm frm lug dont ussually work for me.

Thanks and happy to hear your comments and feedback for my improvement if any.

http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/kygan711/library/Elephant%20Strap%20Reviews

Offline craftvn

• Freshie
Re: Mad dog Elephant Strap
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 02:03:41 AM »
beautiful strap

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 11:31:30 AM »
why not link the image here for easy viewing

Offline kygan711

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 07:53:39 PM »
Thanks for the tip Chris. Can share how to do that ?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 08:12:12 AM »
Thanks for the tip Chris. Can share how to do that ?

pls click here