Author Topic: AP RoyalOak Lady  (Read 2396 times)

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
AP RoyalOak Lady
« on: January 28, 2014, 10:29:18 PM »
The trend these days apparently calls for over-sized watches, but with small wrists, one might not necessarily be able to pull off the look. I've been wanting to find a Royal Oak for my gf for the longest time ever, but because she has small wrists, the current crop of Lady APs (33mm) just does not suit her well.

For months, I searched the internet for the older, RoyalOak Lady (27mm)... and when I finally found an automatic example, was ready to pull the trigger. Unfortunately, it had some imperfections, and I asked that it be sent back to AP for some rectifications before I completed the sale. After a two month wait, more bad news -- AP did not have certain parts, and were not able to commit a date for when the watch would be brought back to proper health.

And so I guess here we are. Sure, it isn't an automatic as I'd earlier hoped to get, and this one is TT instead of the SS I set out to find so many months ago...but I'm happy. More importantly, she is very happy  :Cheers:

With the Lady Constellation I got her some years back:

After getting sized at AP boutique last weekend:

Offline @tsw@

• My precious
Re: AP RoyalOak Lady
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 10:56:23 PM »
Congrats, your missus is a very lucky lady. :thumbsup:

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 07:04:28 AM »
 ;D Thanks!

For those who are curious, below are some details about the watch.
Ref: SA6339/722 (online, I found this reference instead: 67075SA.OO.1100SA.01)
Year: 1994
Case: Steel with 18K Yellow Gold Bezel
Case Size: 27 mm
Movement: Quartz
Dial: Dark Grey
Bracelet: Steel and 18K Yellow Gold

Unfortunately, despite hours upon hours of searching online, as well as asking around on forums, I wasn't able to come up with very much information at all. It seems that there is very little knowledge around with regards to the older, less common models... especially so the Royal Oak Lady.

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 07:08:47 AM »
Lovely watch, thanks for sharing. Your gf lucky to have it and you as her bf. :thumbsup:
watchManU