Author Topic: Long time stalker...new joiner  (Read 4836 times)

Offline i_y_yusof

Long time stalker...new joiner
« on: February 22, 2019, 07:12:02 AM »
Hi Malaysian watchfam!

I'm a long time stalker to MWF. Love reading on all the opinions of the sifus here and decided to join in the fun. A little intro on myself.

I have always appreciated watches since I was given a Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay on my 16th birthday. I loved how I never have to set the time because the watch will reset itself. Then I graduated and was given my first automatic by my aunt. It is a ML Pontos GMT, which is still one of my favourite piece, even after 15 years. My appreciation grew but always dismiss that watch collecting was the realm of rich folks.

About 8 years ago, my ML died and I thought that there was a component that broke. Thinking it would be expensive to repair, and going through a financial difficult period, I let it sleep in my drawer. Fast forward to about 2 years ago, a chance conversation with a colleague led to a recommendation of an affordable watchmaker. So, I sent my watch there. It seems I only needed to service the watch  :Laughing_on_floor:.

The conversation also went towards watch brands, type, makes and prices. It was then I discovered the world of affordable watches. He recommended an online dealer of vintage and affordable piece. From there, it was no turning back from this rabbit hole. I started learning about watches and got into this hobby full on.

Surmise to say, two years later, my collection grew from 4 watches (mostly gifts) to about 18 (and counting). Got into Seikos, learned about Orient and dipped into the affordable Swiss. then, there's straps collecting as well. In short, I like to say a big "HI!" to everyone. I am looking forward to learn and share more about this great hobby of ours.

Offline Watchgrocer

• Freshie
    • Join us on our Facebook page
Re: Long time stalker...new joiner
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 10:11:12 AM »
Hello,
Welcome to MWF. Glad that you've finally made up decision to join us. haha
Regards,
Cheng, Watchgrocer

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 04:23:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum bro Yusof. I’m glad that you enjoy your watches and have have learnt to appreciate them even more. Do share your experience and your thoughts. It is always nice to hear from fellow watch lovers.

Offline Conscript

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 02:27:13 PM »
Hello , welcome to the watch forum   ;D