Author Topic: Cheapest Swiss Automatic Chronograph  (Read 10965 times)

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Cheapest Swiss Automatic Chronograph
« on: December 11, 2009, 02:22:28 PM »
Just got back from KLCC and was amazed to saw the new Swatch Automatic Chronograph collection  :Startled: 

Swatch already came out with their own automatic line few years back as ETA is under their wing.(was interested on the auto skeleton then) Is just a matter of time for Swatch to create thier automatic chorno collection. Based on the information, the movement is ETA C01.211 which the dial layout is similar with ETA/Valjoux 7750 with 15 jewels. Not sure about the accuracy of the movement though.

Design is based on Swatch usual sporty image, build quality nothing to shout about, saphhire cystal, clear back case, rubber or bracelet. Price range from RM1200 - RM1400.

To own a cheapest ETA/Valjoux 7750 form Tissot easily will set you back by RM5,000?? Am sure Swatch is able to capture the market share of entry level auto chorno as far as budget buyer is concern.

Is that the cheapest Swiss auto chrono in town? I think so.  :Dancing_banana:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 02:25:00 PM by ck77 »

Offline johnjoux

Re: Cheapest Swiss Automatic Chronograph
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 02:39:12 PM »
Interesting.. would like to see the real thing soon !

Offline Muachee

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 02:43:21 PM »
if you don't mind plastics case.. why not?  :Cheers:

Offline chiewata

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 05:15:39 PM »

Swatch do have steel collection.... ;D

Offline patryn33

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 08:35:55 PM »
cheapest 7750 get on ebay/watchuseek from Hamilton only cost u about RM2000.
I got 1 on my wrist for around that price.

pay rm1400 for a plastic crystal.. yucks

Offline HusH

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 08:39:26 PM »
Tissot uses the same movement for their new PRC200 auto chrono model.

Seen both Swatch and Tissot. The Swatch looks really cheap. Not worth the price which you have mentioned. Pay a couple hundred more for the Tissot. Looks much more classy.

Offline patryn33

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 08:51:31 PM »
prc200 ya same as tissot. ppl pay usd$800 for it (guess its thru AD), more like rm1000 more.
http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=323413

a review by Dasser
I have the white dial one. Just started to wear it again - very nice watch. But a Valjoux 7750 would keep much better time i bet. My PRC100 auto is usually spot one (as is a Sinn 103), PRC200 is usually 30sec/day fast and no sign of it 'breaking in'!

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 05:15:23 AM »
Is very interesting to see Swatch Group to bring down the price of auto chrono (comapred with 7750) through Swatch and Tissot. Personally I won't get a Swatch because is too plastic-ly. How much is the Tissot? Not seeing it in flesh yet.

Offline sshark

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 09:38:54 PM »

Swatch do have steel collection.... ;D

That's for quartz

Offline ipswitch

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 07:57:01 PM »
sorry, this my first post, regardless to say i hate swatch :thumbsdown:
my mother bought me one a swatch irony, its my first swiss watch at that time.
regardless to say, i accidentally drop it & it broke down (the seconds hand stuck)
the best part is they couldnt open it becoz its all covered with aluminium(thank God its not adamantium), broke my heart as it was from my mother
by that time, my friend lend me his watch for half a day becoz i was about to enter a meeting.
after the meeting, i accidentally bang his watch to the knob, i was scared thinking about i could scratch his glass,
my friend laugh at & said its sapphire, its hard to get scratch.
Becoz of that incident, it opens me to a new world of watches, quartz are accurate but hard to fix & mechanical (self or auto wind) are easy to fix but need some time.
by the way, that SOB lend me his AP (i got laughed at for pronouncing its name) :laugh:

Offline arki888

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 08:43:25 PM »
hi all,

As for me, as long as i like the watch.. and is within my budget i will buy it.  To enjoy a nice auto watch you need to love it..... ha ha ha .... Just like you love you wife.... :) Wear you watch with happiness.. lastly i saw this watch last week in swatch shop.. really value for money for those who like to own their 1st chrono with auto.. this is the watch you should dream............ HAPPY BUYING...............

cheers.

bobby

Offline sshark

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 08:50:17 PM »
That's very good. From swatch to AP in 1 afternoon :)

regardless to say, i accidentally drop it & it broke down (the seconds hand stuck)
the best part is they couldnt open it becoz its all covered with aluminium(thank God its not adamantium), broke my heart as it was from my mother
by that time, my friend lend me his watch for half a day becoz i was about to enter a meeting.
after the meeting, i accidentally bang his watch to the knob, i was scared thinking about i could scratch his glass,
Becoz of that incident, it opens me to a new world of watches, quartz are accurate but hard to fix & mechanical (self or auto wind) are easy to fix but need some time.
by the way, that SOB lend me his AP (i got laughed at for pronouncing its name) :laugh:

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 05:59:07 AM »

First of all, welcome to the forum  8)
Sorry to hear your bad experience of Swatch. I also owned an Irony and its still going strong, though ran out battery long time ago  ;D
I would think Swatch is meant to be wear-spoil-and-throw watch, at least for the quartz collection is concern.
The latest automatic series shoud be able to open and repair  :Praying:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 07:22:31 AM »
Quartz watches is not difficult to repair, just it is not economical to repair! Quartz movement is cheap, so the labor  is more expensive, and an higher end quartz watch, the watchmaker usually change the whole movement! For complicated one, they will change by module!

Offline collatzer

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 10:21:21 AM »
cheapest 7750 get on ebay/watchuseek from Hamilton only cost u about RM2000.
I got 1 on my wrist for around that price.

pay rm1400 for a plastic crystal.. yucks
agreed. yucks on toywatch as well :mooning:

Offline Cocas

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 05:48:33 PM »
Is very interesting to see Swatch Group to bring down the price of auto chrono (comapred with 7750) through Swatch and Tissot. Personally I won't get a Swatch because is too plastic-ly. How much is the Tissot? Not seeing it in flesh yet.

The Swatch Sistem 51 automatic is really special, it has Breguet DNA in it.