Author Topic: My Second 2010 Limited Editon.......Just to share..... ;)  (Read 9117 times)

Offline SHL

My Second 2010 Limited Editon.......Just to share..... ;)
« on: September 20, 2010, 09:09:48 PM »
TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500M Leonardo DiCaprio Limited Edition!

I once remember that in the very beginning of 2009, actor Leonardo Dicaprio was chosen by Tag Heuer, the Swiss timepiece giant as the new ambassador. Actually, he is far more than an actor. He is also an environmental activist who is contributing his skills and wealth to change the planet and improve the plight of children in need, then boosts a better and smart world. The new addition to Tag Heuer Auaracer – the Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m Caliber 5 Leonardo Dicaprio Limited Edition is just a perfect witness.

The new timepiece is co-designed by Leonardo with top designers of Tag Heuer. It is limited to 1600 pieces, and now is already available all over the globe. It is said that part of the benefit will be used to support NRDC and Green Cross International.

When you wear the Aquaracer 500M Leonardo DiCaprio Limited Edition you are helping preserve a bit of eternity on earth of all for us thanks to an amazing environmental partnership between DiCaprio and TAG Heuer (see previous article for further details).  The watch was designed by DiCaprio to raise money in support of the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) and Green Cross International, two of the most influential and effective environmental organizations in the world.

This unisex watch is striking, most of all for its electric blue dial with crisscross lines representing the earth’s meridians. The indexes are hand applied as is the TAG Heuer logo.  A Natural Resource Defense Council version of the watch has the Green Gross international logo at six o’clock.  A date window with magnifying glass at nine o’clock is standard on all versions.  The watch hands have a polished finish, and the second hand sports a slim triangle at one end, making it easier for you to count the seconds as eternity slips away.

A shiny blue epoxy coats the timepiece’s unidirectional turning bezel in fine brushed steel with fine-brushed stainless steel numbers. Equally handsome is the contrast between the case’s fine brushed steel and polished edges.

The watch is shown with a blue rubber strap (with solid steel clasp) embossed with a checkered decoration and TAG Heuer logo, but is also available in a three row steel bracelet.

True to the watch’s aquatic heritage, the Aquaracer 500M Leonardo DiCaprio Limited Edition has everything you would expect in a TAG Heuer – an automatic helium valve at ten o’clock, water resistance to 500 meters, a scratch resistant sapphire crystal with antireflective treatment applied to the inside and a scratch resistance sapphire case back.

Carrying both elements of sea and sky within its majestic  blue countenance, a vivid reminder of the awesome beauty of our planet, and the courage and foresight of those fighting to save it, the TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500M Leonardo DiCaprio Limited Edition is a watch for all time.

My 2010 collection......

Review of Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m Caliber 5!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyjyNNaJlVw

Offline takashi78

Re: My Second 2010 Limited Editon.......Just to share..... ;)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 06:40:25 AM »
Very nice pickup Jeff!
This new Aquaracer line i like very much, and i havent liked a Tag design for a long time.

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 07:06:58 AM »
Nice Tag indeed. Thanks for sharing mate  :thumbsup:

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 12:07:31 PM »
Although i'm not a big TAG fans but i have to say, this one is a good looking watch ;)

Congrats!! Do show us in our next GTG  :Cheers:

Offline SHL

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 01:30:11 PM »
thanks Scott..

I also same as u.. Not a TAG Fans before i meet this new Aquaracer 500m. ;)

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 01:22:19 PM »
Judging from the favourable response here it looks like Tag hit all the right notes with this watch design.  :thumbsup:
Congrats.

:Cheers:

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 03:46:36 PM »
I do agreed with the 'taikos' here.

I am too attracted to this model....Had handle it sometime back.. not bad..solid feel and the design looks cool..

But then, the see-through case back is not my cup of tea, after all - its a tool watch @ 500m, IMHO, I would rather have a solid back for a watch with WR at this rating.

dc
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 09:42:56 PM by David_cheong »
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline SHL

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 06:26:22 PM »
David...
mind explain what u mean "IMHO" and "WR"? (after all its a tool watch @ 500m, IMHO, I would rather have a solid back for a watch with WR at this rating.)

Thanks!!

Online ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 06:30:56 PM »
David...
mind explain what u mean "IMHO" and "WR"? (after all its a tool watch @ 500m, IMHO, I would rather have a solid back for a watch with WR at this rating.)

Thanks!!

IMHO = in my humble opinon
WR = water resistant

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 09:50:26 PM »
Thanks ck

Again, this watch is very handsome. Don't mind owning it sometime down the road - if the price is right...

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline kltime

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 12:06:05 PM »

Nice watch- hv always liked blue dials somehow, not as common as white or black yet still looks classy and flexible enough to wear on all occasions.

Offline ivanswk

• Res ipsa loquitur :P
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 12:00:40 AM »
 ;D
my only 2 ltd edition for 2010

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 03:07:14 PM »
No wonder no more Orient.... you bought it all. Haha...  :thumbsup:

Offline maximillian

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 12:14:58 AM »
love the balanced look of the tag..and the killer blue dial ;D
musdus vult decipi ergo decipiatur.veritatem dies aperit.

Offline SHL

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2015, 07:42:20 AM »

I once remember that in the very beginning of 2009, actor Leonardo Dicaprio was chosen by Tag Heuer, the Swiss timepiece giant as the new ambassador. Actually, he is far more than an actor. He is also an environmental activist who is contributing his skills and wealth to change the planet and improve the plight of children in need, then boosts a better and smart world. The new addition to Tag Heuer Auaracer – the Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m Caliber 5 Leonardo Dicaprio Limited Edition is just a perfect witness.

The new timepiece is co-designed by Leonardo with top designers of Tag Heuer. It is limited to 1600 pieces, and now is already available all over the globe. It is said that part of the benefit will be used to support NRDC and Green Cross International.

When you wear the Aquaracer 500M Leonardo DiCaprio Limited Edition you are helping preserve a bit of eternity on earth of all for us thanks to an amazing environmental partnership between DiCaprio and TAG Heuer (see previous article for further details).  The watch was designed by DiCaprio to raise money in support of the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) and Green Cross International, two of the most influential and effective environmental organizations in the world.

This unisex watch is striking, most of all for its electric blue dial with crisscross lines representing the earth’s meridians. The indexes are hand applied as is the TAG Heuer logo.  A Natural Resource Defense Council version of the watch has the Green Gross international logo at six o’clock.  A date window with magnifying glass at nine o’clock is standard on all versions.  The watch hands have a polished finish, and the second hand sports a slim triangle at one end, making it easier for you to count the seconds as eternity slips away.

A shiny blue epoxy coats the timepiece’s unidirectional turning bezel in fine brushed steel with fine-brushed stainless steel numbers. Equally handsome is the contrast between the case’s fine brushed steel and polished edges.

The watch is shown with a blue rubber strap (with solid steel clasp) embossed with a checkered decoration and TAG Heuer logo, but is also available in a three row steel bracelet.

True to the watch’s aquatic heritage, the Aquaracer 500M Leonardo DiCaprio Limited Edition has everything you would expect in a TAG Heuer – an automatic helium valve at ten o’clock, water resistance to 500 meters, a scratch resistant sapphire crystal with antireflective treatment applied to the inside and a scratch resistance sapphire case back.

Carrying both elements of sea and sky within its majestic  blue countenance, a vivid reminder of the awesome beauty of our planet, and the courage and foresight of those fighting to save it, the TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500M Leonardo DiCaprio Limited Edition is a watch for all time.

My 2010 collection......

My 2010 collection......

New Look for my Aquaracer 500m

Offline DDDW

• Freshie
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2015, 09:14:42 AM »
Nice collection there!