Author Topic: classic volkswagen beetle  (Read 7776 times)

Offline rayyanharris

• Freshie
classic volkswagen beetle
« on: August 23, 2011, 11:21:48 PM »
hey was just wondering if u forummers were into vintage cars or bikes..i have with me a classic 1974 volkswagen beetle.. I got it as a uni present from my mom and has been with me ever since.unfortunately it has been running in the pass 6 months..something wrong with the engine...

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
Re: classic volkswagen beetle
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 11:36:19 PM »
Duniajam is a bug owner. try to PM him

i love old vintage cars. learnt to drive in an old Alfa Guilia and still have a soft spot for any vintage alfas.

my drive when i am back in my home town now is a very low mileage modest 1st gen civic. but it still does can't the feel and sound of an Alfa  :(

Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 06:10:47 AM »
Duniajam is a bug owner. try to PM him

i love old vintage cars. learnt to drive in an old Alfa Guilia and still have a soft spot for any vintage alfas.

my drive when i am back in my home town now is a very low mileage modest 1st gen civic. but it still does can't the feel and sound of an Alfa  :(

Once an Alfa Driver, always an Alfa driver.....

I had the 1st Gen Civic a long time ago. Best part, the door locks don't work. You can open it with any keys. Never lost anything though.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 10:24:45 AM »

Once an Alfa Driver, always an Alfa driver.....

I had the 1st Gen Civic a long time ago. Best part, the door locks don't work. You can open it with any keys. Never lost anything though.

sorry OT aside

yeah love driving early in the morning in the guilia...wind down the window..the breeze and the sound  ;D

parallel parking is a bitch though no power steering and uber big wooden steering wheel

still remember the weekend car washing session with dad checking for rust. it's a daily war with those things..sigh.

coming from a small town ..almost every other boy in school have a vintage car in de house.  :thumbsup:

Offline Peiseh

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 03:42:31 PM »
Luv the Alfa Romeo Guilia..
Pop up the hood, and you see the chrome intake pipes. During cold morning start, need to crank up engine a couple of times. Once started, the noise from the exhaust is so throaty..and macho like..
The wood panel inside the car is also beautifully finished.  Seat is big and bouncy. Nice.

Once sat in my uncle's Alfasud.. While stopped at a light , the car battery died right in the middle of town. Tried to open the hood, cannot find lever. Found lever, pull to pop hood, but nothing happened. Hood don't pop up.
Searching for the level under the hood for an hour plus still cannot find.
Finally walked to a shop nearby to borrow phone (those days no handphone yet).
Called our uncle who's an Alfa mechanic, and was told to unhook bonnet from the back of the bonnet next to the windscreen !

You see, Alfasud's bonnet opens from the windscreen upwards unlike others which pop open at the front of the bonnet...
wah.... both hilarious and felt so stupid at the same time as well...hhahaha :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 03:52:21 PM »
hahahha yeah....

love the bench front seats of the Guilia ..can sit 3 and too bad i was not any smarter or else can "romen" in the front seat too!!! :laugh:

handbrake on the right of the driver's seat next to door pillar... thank god i grew up in a small town or else i would have a left leg the size of a tree trunk stepping on the clutch from all the jams!  :laugh:

Offline hewitt

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 11:44:34 PM »
hey was just wondering if u forummers were into vintage cars or bikes..i have with me a classic 1974 volkswagen beetle.. I got it as a uni present from my mom and has been with me ever since.unfortunately it has been running in the pass 6 months..something wrong with the engine...

check out www.volksriders.org

there are good mechanics around subang, klang, puchong etc

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 02:18:10 AM »
I want to buy a Volvo Amazon... an old one that has the steeringwheel on the wrong side :)
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.