Author Topic: Hi guys I'm new here  (Read 4262 times)

Offline whyeshen

• Freshie
Hi guys I'm new here
« on: December 01, 2019, 01:34:35 PM »
Hello guys,

So yeah I've been a member since 2014 but rarely posts but I do visit MWF everyday to look for good deals at the Pre-Owned Watches section.

So now I have plans to sell two of my watches (Oris and Magrette) and I just realised that I can't until I make 25 quality posts. So I really need your help here to get me going LOL.

Let me start this off with my name. You can call me Shen and I am a WIS like many of you guys. Among my modest collection with be a BR0392, a Seiko Presage "Fuyugeshiki" PR to name a few. My favourite being the Seiko Fuyugeshiki. Not my most expensive piece but definitely my favourite.

I don't have uber expensive watches like many members here only really modest and very accessible ones. Hope to get there one day.

Nice knowing you guys and please, help me out here LOL. Need to off load these two watches and save up as I am planning to get a Panerai. Which one? PAM754.

Thanks!

Shen

Offline Sathiskumar

• Freshie
Re: Hi guys I'm new here
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 04:19:43 PM »
Hi Shen,

Welcome to the MWF.

I was exactly in the same situation. 25 quality posts before you can sell on this forum. I'm a watch enthusiast so I do a lot of reading and research. What I did was to share those knowledge in the forum. In no time, I hit more than 25 posts but by then I already sold my watch in another platform. That did not stop me from postings though.

I never heard of the MAGRETTE brand. What model do you own and how is the quality and your experience with the watch?  Some of their non divers watch has a Panerai feel to it. They are currently offering the MOANA PACIFIC WATERMAN GMT at USD780 pre-order.

Cheers,
Sathis
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 04:22:10 PM by Sathiskumar »

Offline whyeshen

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 09:08:50 AM »
Hi Sathis,

Thanks for your reply!

Magrette is a Kiwi boutique watch brand where Maori influences could be seen in some of their models. I currently own the Moana Pacific Professional All Black (like phantom) purchased a few years ago at 650USD. It's housing a Japanese Miyota 9015 which keeps time well and self winding with a date. So far so good. However, condition isn't great by all means but hopefully acceptable to a potential buyer at the right price as this model is already not in production and hard to find in Malaysia.

How about you Sathis? What do you own?

Cheers bro,

Shen

Offline bullshyt

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 09:24:36 AM »
Came Here to support, was a silent reader until i'm looking for a purchase thus created this account. Heard that the community here are helpful from one of my fellow friend. Currently owns a humble Tudor Black Bay, love this watch a lot

Offline Sathiskumar

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 08:19:30 AM »
Hi Sathis,

How about you Sathis? What do you own?

Cheers bro,

Shen

Hi Shen,

How is it going?

The new Moana Pacific Waterman GMT is fitted with a Swiss ETA GMT movement. So the price hike is justified.

I have very few watches in my collection which I wear in rotation.

1. Tag Heuer Aquaracer
2. Oris Big Crown Bronze 80th Anniversary Edition
3. Seiko 5 (dress & divers watch)
4. Seagull 1963
5. Casio AE1200 & DW5600 and a few other quartz watches (Orient, Alba, Seiko) which I don't wear at all these days.

I'm not so much into homages or micro brands although I find Steinhart and Glycine brand interesting. I'm contemplating on flipping my Oris too. It's a lovely timepiece but I'm not too attracted to bronze casing.

Cheers bro.

Sathis

Offline whyeshen

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 12:08:04 PM »
Hi Sathis,

Nice collection there. Doesn't matter big or small everyone starts somewhere. I'm thinking of getting an enter level Panerai, the Radiomir PAM754. It's about 14k. So I need to sell my Oris and Magrette to get me closer to my target LOL.

I noticed that you have a Casio AE1200. Excellent choice! I just bought one for myself last month on Lazada at RM77! What a steal and I love wearing that watch. However, only watch lovers would appreciate. I had a client who noticed the AE1200 on my wrist and asked why I 'downgrade' myself by wearing that watch LOL. I love wearing it I dont care.

I used to like micro brands but never like homages. I'd rather wait a bit more and top up a bit more for a bigger brand. At the end of the day, watches are still a status symbol regardless of it's heritage and complication. The brand matters.

Bronze watch cases are an acquired taste. Not everyone can appreciate the patina it develops overtime.

PAM754 here I come! Hehe.

Shen

Offline Sathiskumar

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 12:40:22 PM »
Hey Shen

The Casio AE1200 is my recent acquisition too. I bought the stainless steel model at RM90 from Lazada. Now I know why they call it the "Casio Royale". It wears beautifully on the wrist.

Yeah, the bronze case is an acquired taste and I had to learn that the hard way.

Anyway, advance congrats on your PAM754. Post some pics once you have them.

Cheers bro.

Sathis

Offline Gary Teong

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2019, 08:30:16 AM »
Hi Shen,

My advice is try to look at the pre-owned market for PAM models. You may find a lot of them at great values. Off-topic, I am actually in the same situation as you, lurker for a year, purchased some watches from forum members but never posted  :'(
Looking to sell my a month old 114300 white dial, let me know if you are interested  ;)

Regards,
Gary

Offline whyeshen

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 09:06:42 AM »

Hi Shen,

My advice is try to look at the pre-owned market for PAM models. You may find a lot of them at great values. Off-topic, I am actually in the same situation as you, lurker for a year, purchased some watches from forum members but never posted  :'(
Looking to sell my a month old 114300 white dial, let me know if you are interested  ;)

Regards,
Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your advice. Yes I'm actually looking for pre-owned Pam now. More value there I feel. I'm not too crazy about the new entry level model either.

Hey I love the Rolex OP white dial too. Send me some pics and your offer. Would consider. Zero One Two 3467003.

Thanks.

Shen

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk