Author Topic: RE: Rolex/Mechanical watch on one hand and apple watch on the other?  (Read 6816 times)

Offline ExplorerII

I've been struggling with this for some time now. While i am a self professed WIS, i am also a tech geek and love the apple watch.  Unfortunately, to get the most out of the apple watch, one has to wear it all the time (i.e. health tracking, cellular function when it comes,  etc), and this takes away wrist time from my Rolex and JLC.

What do you guys think of wearing both watches ? one on each wrist?  :)

Offline premiergin88

Re: RE: Rolex/Mechanical watch on one hand and apple watch on the other?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 08:55:48 AM »
stick with the rolex

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 08:47:59 AM »
Seen many people do this. Apple Watch on one wrist and mechanical watch on the other.

Offline cky0708

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 02:28:05 PM »
I've been struggling with this for some time now. While i am a self professed WIS, i am also a tech geek and love the apple watch.  Unfortunately, to get the most out of the apple watch, one has to wear it all the time (i.e. health tracking, cellular function when it comes,  etc), and this takes away wrist time from my Rolex and JLC.

Totally understand ur feeling,as im owning an apple watch4 too,too good n smart on the feature n totally leftout the other.so i decided to let go the apple watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stephen07

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 10:07:15 PM »
Stick with the rolex

Offline premiergin88

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 08:20:27 AM »
Definitely the rolex

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 05:29:56 AM »
stick with the rolex

That would be fine if you don't need the health tracker and other practical benefits of an apple watch (or smart watch). E.g. when cellular comes into malaysia for the apple watch, you could ditch your phone. Or for folks into fitness or have heart issues, the apple watch becomes indispensable....

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 05:32:17 AM »

Totally understand ur feeling,as im owning an apple watch4 too,too good n smart on the feature n totally leftout the other.so i decided to let go the apple watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changing the apple watch strap might make it look like less of a watch and maybe more like a piece of jewellery  or band.  I noticed quite a few folks are using paracord bands which sort of make the watch face blend with the band itself.....might be worth a thought.

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 05:34:22 AM »
Seen many people do this. Apple Watch on one wrist and mechanical watch on the other.

Yes, but how to look cool while doing it? And not just a guy wearing 2 watches  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline derick93

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 04:06:43 PM »

Why not both? :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 09:02:38 PM »

Yes, but how to look cool while doing it? And not just a guy wearing 2 watches  :Laughing_on_floor:

If the Apple Watch is too big or if you want to look cool, get a Fitbit.

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 03:42:05 AM »
If the Apple Watch is too big or if you want to look cool, get a Fitbit.
[/quote]

Challenge is that it has to be an Apple Watch as it has cellular (assuming this function will eventually come to Malaysia).

Offline 2Dragon

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2019, 02:57:15 PM »
Never wear 2 watches at the same time.
Just alternate.

Offline kbng

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 10:47:58 AM »
Apple watch come out new model every year, unless you really need the exercise app, else just stay with any mechanical watch.

Offline Steen

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2019, 10:52:10 PM »
I’d suggest vs the 2 watch route ~ you will certainly be looked upon quizzically. I’d stick with the proxim of wearing a watch for the occasion, so if is an Everyday watch, use the Apple and save the Rolex for more suitable occasions that require no health tracking or sport. Personally, I wear a Daytona on one hand and a Fitbit band (not watch) on the other.

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 08:08:38 AM »
I’d suggest vs the 2 watch route ~ you will certainly be looked upon quizzically. I’d stick with the proxim of wearing a watch for the occasion, so if is an Everyday watch, use the Apple and save the Rolex for more suitable occasions that require no health tracking or sport. Personally, I wear a Daytona on one hand and a Fitbit band (not watch) on the other.

This is what i am doing at the moment.  My Rolex/Reverso and a Garmin on the other. This config works.....The thing is that when the apple lte version comes into town, it will be a touch fight for wrist real estate with my Rolex and Reverso..... :HammerHead:

Offline dexson

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2019, 12:06:41 PM »
For me i think rolex on one and apple watch on the other is too "over". I see apple watch as a "watch" and wearing 2 watches is just "over" for me.

However, if u are talking about rolex on one and an activity tracker (like fitbit alta, garmin vivosmart), then its an entirely different case and they do blend well. Activity trackers tend to look like bangle or bracelet. its like a decorative accessory rather than a "watch". Moreover, many of these activity tracker nowadays has call & messaging notifications too.

Just my 2 cents ! please do wear what makes u happy ! thats what eventually matters.

Offline marshall17

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2019, 10:06:58 AM »
Dude. Just wear whatever and however you like! :P

Offline tannitech

• Freshie
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »

If health tracking is your primary concern or you prefer to keep a good record of health stats, you may consider the Apple Watch 4. But having AW4 means you also have an iPhone with you, and iPhone can record those stats too. Then in this case the AW4 may be redundant.

Due to its look, I think AW4 is suitable if you're looking for a sporty look (jogging, gym, golf, breakfast etc).

The Rolex should be your day to day.

To those recommending wearing both, Mi band and Rolex seems okay because the band's shape made it look like a bracelet. But the combination of AW4 plus a Rolex...I can't agree with that combo  :Blue: Personal preference tho.

Offline wwf

• Freshie
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2019, 09:14:52 PM »
you can wear the watch base on the occasion, or venue, like if you are travelling to oversea, you can wear the GMT watch, if you goto exercise, then sport watch, if goto party or business trip, then some high class or luxury watch. just my point of view