Author Topic: Will Rolex return my old gold bezel after they replace it with a new one?  (Read 6113 times)

Offline kvwong2014

I've heard that Rolex does not allow customers to keep their old bezel once they sent their watch to the SC for bezel replacement. Partly because they wouldn't want you to sell it in the aftermarket. My question is, what about my yachtmaster's 18k gold bezel? Will they not allow me to keep it? If so, do they pay me for the old bezel or subtract it from the price of the new bezel? Since gold is RM164 per gram right now, I guess the old bezel would be worth a lot just in weight alone.

Offline David_cheong

To my best knowledge, RSC returns everything that is gold / platinum,,even to the tiny screw.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Cocas

No, Rolex took away my old original blue Cellini dial after replacing the new dial.

Rolex also took my old after market leather after I bought the new one from Rolex.

Offline Cocas

I've heard that Rolex does not allow customers to keep their old bezel once they sent their watch to the SC for bezel replacement. Partly because they wouldn't want you to sell it in the aftermarket. My question is, what about my yachtmaster's 18k gold bezel? Will they not allow me to keep it? If so, do they pay me for the old bezel or subtract it from the price of the new bezel? Since gold is RM164 per gram right now, I guess the old bezel would be worth a lot just in weight alone.

Rolex never pay back my old Cellini dial, although it cost easily USD 200 in used market.

Offline David_cheong

My experience tells me that you can request return of parts that are made of gold / platinum.

As for the dial, that's the optional replacement parts. you can always give instruction not to change the dial.

As for the after market thingy, eg, straps, always remove them upon sending in to RSC for service / repairs.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
Been there, done it. Rolex would return all original precious metal parts back to you. They don't do trade-in as per your suggestion. Aftermarket items installed on the original watch would be confiscated so do remove before bringing over.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline kvwong2014

Thanks for all the informative replies everyone.   ;D

Offline Stv77

• Freshie
  • Just in time
I think not

Offline keheng91

ROLEX don’t let u have anything that replaced.

Offline chongmelvin2238

How much will it cost to change a dial ? Datejust

Offline heart_killer39

• Freshie
ROLEX don’t let u have anything that replaced.
This, my cousin had an after market strap attached to this 2 tone and sadly they took it away