Author Topic: Omega Price Increase for Nov 2018  (Read 5329 times)

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
Omega Price Increase for Nov 2018
« on: October 30, 2018, 08:48:22 AM »

I've been getting a fair bit of watches from some Omega ADs so they tend to update me on news of this brand. 2 weeks ago, an AD informed me that there would be a price increase of between 3-10% come November. But we all know how such price increase news ain't too accurate at times, and could be just talks to push up the sales in this economy. Over the last 2 days, more ADs were calling me to inform me on the same; so I guess that it could be true after all. On my part, I have made a visit and stocked up on some pieces that I liked, just in case.

What about you guys- anyone heard of the same?
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline lisa hasan

• Freshie
Re: Omega Price Increase for Nov 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 12:31:38 PM »
Heard the same too but not too sure. I guess we wait till Nov then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mongourou

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 03:18:03 PM »
I am wondering which percentage of the watch aficionados is going out of this hobby every time a major brand increases its price.

I for sure won’t last long if you cumulate the planned shortage of desirable models, the endless limited versions that you can never order and that are immediately sold online at a premium and the continual price increases.

Omega - Tudor - Halios - Casio

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 03:25:35 PM »
I am wondering which percentage of the watch aficionados is going out of this hobby every time a major brand increases its price.

I for sure won’t last long if you cumulate the planned shortage of desirable models, the endless limited versions that you can never order and that are immediately sold online at a premium and the continual price increases.

If they don't increase prices every now and then, then pretty soon they would turn into a normal good instead of a luxury good. Think of it like Omega vs Oris. Both have the big O's but only 1 touches the sweet spot. Plus, look at it this way, if there was no price increases, it's going to be hard to flip pieces that we have outgrown and turn those into ready cash to part-finance newer pieces that we want, right?  :Cheers:
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 05:51:33 PM »

I agree with you. After a while, a hobby cannot maintain as a hobby if it gets too expensive. 
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline lisa hasan

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 05:36:17 PM »
Price have increased officially yesterday and seems like they providing 5 years of warranty now

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 08:55:01 AM »
Yes, that's the goodie that came along from the price increase. In fact, my AD called to tell me that the 2018 CK2998, Ultraman, PO, and the likes that I purchased from Jul 2018 ono would also enjoy the same 5-year warranty. Woohoo!

Offline Tulip

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 10:24:21 AM »
That’s great new. I guest got myself a used omega which comes with a warranty card dated after July 2018. Got it at old price and got 5 years warranty. Thanks seller