Author Topic: Buying watches using Chrono24 website  (Read 20094 times)

Offline spayre

Re: Buying watches using Chrono24 website
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2018, 04:33:59 PM »
I was looking for some watches on chrono24 so maybe I could share what I learnt so far...
1. Chrono24 is like a platform for anyone to advertise watches. To avoid scam, chrono24 would ask for the seller to post watch showing a specific time (like 3 o'clock).
2. Do some research on the seller on chrono24 before buying. However, you can see that not many would leave feedback...
3. Use reputable courier that provides tracking (FedEx). Sometimes you would need to pay for express but it's worth it
4. If the prices are way below market price, be careful and proceed with much concern
5. Insist on pictures of the warranty card (if not shown) before making any transaction

yup. true but in some cases, by researching more on the seller, you would be able to find their company website, facebook and see more reviews from there... :)
the item 2 is the hardest one i guess .. wish u luck with your purchase via chrono24

Offline dstudio10

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 02:39:47 PM »
I was looking for some watches on chrono24 so maybe I could share what I learnt so far...
1. Chrono24 is like a platform for anyone to advertise watches. To avoid scam, chrono24 would ask for the seller to post watch showing a specific time (like 3 o'clock).
2. Do some research on the seller on chrono24 before buying. However, you can see that not many would leave feedback...
3. Use reputable courier that provides tracking (FedEx). Sometimes you would need to pay for express but it's worth it
4. If the prices are way below market price, be careful and proceed with much concern
5. Insist on pictures of the warranty card (if not shown) before making any transaction

yup. true but in some cases, by researching more on the seller, you would be able to find their company website, facebook and see more reviews from there... :)
the item 2 is the hardest one i guess .. wish u luck with your purchase via chrono24

thx so much for the tips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cocas

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2018, 04:34:22 PM »
hi,

just to ask, is there an insurance on the watch when they courier ? i am keen to try chrono24 but not sure how safe is the delivery

I bought more than USD 7k  from chrono24. So far OK.

Offline dstudio10

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2018, 06:04:48 PM »
hi,

just to ask, is there an insurance on the watch when they courier ? i am keen to try chrono24 but not sure how safe is the delivery

I bought more than USD 7k  from chrono24. So far OK.

thanks a bunch for sharing.. comforting to know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KeepTheSpeed

• Freshie
  • Fly me to the Moon
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2018, 05:04:50 AM »
Good luck with your purchase

Offline tanandtan

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2018, 12:39:26 AM »
Better buy with ad to be safe

Offline chuahsky

• Freshie
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2018, 05:12:35 PM »
Watch out...grey market..

Offline forniter

• Freshie
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2018, 03:02:59 PM »
And remember to insist to use DHL, UPS, or FedEx to courier the watch.

are all these couriers safe to deliver watches? I was just asking a friend of mine the other day and they said that it can still be unsafe

Offline ggprime

• Freshie
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2018, 11:52:34 AM »
And remember to insist to use DHL, UPS, or FedEx to courier the watch.

are all these couriers safe to deliver watches? I was just asking a friend of mine the other day and they said that it can still be unsafe

as long as got insurance should be safe.

Offline Arcule

• Freshie
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2018, 07:47:34 PM »

that platform as i know, is quite safe, but still there is scam in every platform.

yes, jus do a back ground check on the seller, if is a private seller, be sure to use paypal and reputable courier.

if is a company, just google the company name, and u can find their details and stuff there. u can drop them an email regarding the watch ure looking for..

bought one watch there USD4k, pay thru wire transfer as they dont have paypal, after doing a background check, they are a reputable and quite a big company for vintage watch..

anything purchase online can be a scam, jus be caution u should be good

Offline Chris Yap

• Freshie
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2018, 08:45:43 PM »
I usually browse it for price reference, if I find one that I like, I’ll deal with the watch company directly, like Govberg or Watchbox.

Offline ciili88

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2018, 06:54:21 AM »
safe ?don worry

Offline realist

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2018, 03:53:38 PM »
Anyone bought watches online after 1st September 2018? I'm trying to figure out if we have to pay export duties and etc if we buy a watch from abroad.

Offline keheng91

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2018, 10:52:39 AM »
Seller, and PayPal for securing.

Offline kennethkoo

• Freshie
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2018, 04:22:33 PM »
So far I have only used Chrono24 for price reference. Might give it a go in the future

Offline Mox

• Freshie
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2018, 04:46:48 PM »
Go for seller with high rating. Checkout via Paypal in the event things turn south. Refund might be late, but it's better than empty handed.  ;D

Offline spacewalker

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2020, 01:57:17 PM »
Hi. I know this old post  :D But want to ask some opinion from you guys!

Got one watch that I really this website . It is brand new old stock. The price is interesting but the watch come only with original box, no warranty card. No manufacturer warranty. Just warranty from the seller. I'm worry about the authenticity and futher warranty. It could be reassamble or something as I start to wondering. Is it normal to brand new old stock watch got no more warranty from manufacturer?

Offline Ben07

• Freshie
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2020, 09:12:45 PM »
Got one watch that I really this website . It is brand new old stock. The price is interesting but the watch come only with original box, no warranty card. No manufacturer warranty. Just warranty from the seller. I'm worry about the authenticity and futher warranty. It could be reassamble or something as I start to wondering. Is it normal to brand new old stock watch got no more warranty from manufacturer?

I bought a watch through Chrono24 during the MCO and I got my watch as described.  I communicated with the seller throughout the process until I received the watch. Paid through escrow with credit card. Smooth transaction.  It was a trusted seller which also has a brick and mortar shop in Tokyo, Japan. But do your research (plenty on internet) checkseller ratings, is it private seller or company, trusted seller etc). Good luck

Offline dpkong

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2020, 08:55:21 PM »

Many comments suggest chrono24 prices are about 20% above general market prices. Is it true?

Offline Cocas

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2020, 09:31:32 PM »

Many comments suggest chrono24 prices are about 20% above general market prices. Is it true?

It depends the watch models and status of the watch company. Some watches fire sales can get 50 - 60% off.

Offline Ben07

• Freshie
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2020, 08:43:24 AM »

It's mostly overprice but sometime if you are lucky you could get a bargain l(ike I did). Last check with Chrono24 my watch is valued 20% higher of what i paid initially.  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Potential_Highlight

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2020, 05:54:50 AM »

I bought a watch through Chrono24 during the MCO and I got my watch as described.  I communicated with the seller throughout the process until I received the watch. Paid through escrow with credit card. Smooth transaction.  It was a trusted seller which also has a brick and mortar shop in Tokyo, Japan. But do your research (plenty on internet) checkseller ratings, is it private seller or company, trusted seller etc). Good luck
Cool. Did you have to pay for tax? How much was the tax?

Offline Ben07

• Freshie
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2020, 08:39:41 AM »

Yes. Be prepared to pay 5% of the price you paid on Chrono24. If I am not mistaken the exchange rate for chrono is slightly higher than normal or there was a fee incurred for using their secure payment @Escrow service where they park your payment prior to you receiving the watch and only release it to the seller once you've received the item.

Offline Potential_Highlight

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2020, 11:31:51 AM »

Yes. Be prepared to pay 5% of the price you paid on Chrono24. If I am not mistaken the exchange rate for chrono is slightly higher than normal or there was a fee incurred for using their secure payment @Escrow service where they park your payment prior to you receiving the watch and only release it to the seller once you've received the item.
I see. Thanks for sharing

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2020, 07:51:25 AM »
I bought 2 pieces in the past via chrono24, i think i can share a bit:

1. Chrono24 do offer escrow service, payment to chrono24 once u put order, payment go to chrono24 first, only when you received the watch as per advertise, you inform chrono24 for payment release to seller.

2. It mitigates scam for buyer as well as seller with their remittance service.
3. The buyer protection is a free service from chrono24: secured payment, insured shipping, dealer screening, authenticity guaranteed n etc.
4. They have "trusted checkout", where official receipt and certificate will be issued by chrono24 with watch spec to verify the watch authenticity.
5. I don't see many dealer or private seller in chrono24 accept paypal as chrono24 already offering their own escrow service with buyer protection. Paypal will add cost to seller that would pass back to buyer.

Hope the above helps, bought 2 GS in the past, both pawnshop and private seller in Japan. So far so good and all msg via chrono24 are captured, just remember NOT to accept the deal outside the system.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 07:54:31 AM by gapper »