Author Topic: Watch recommendations, again please..  (Read 7839 times)

Offline lowengen

Watch recommendations, again please..
« on: January 20, 2018, 08:03:25 AM »
Hi all, need some recommendations.

Currently, i have in my mind the Omega Constellation  Globemaster Annual Calendar 41mm (sedna gold with SS) and Omega Aqua Terra version 2017 (41mm, sedna gold with SS). Any words on them?

On top of that, am still open for suggestion on other brands as well. Looking for dress watches with a lil twist in the dial, not too plain. Budget around Omega Globemaster's.

Current watch list : Maurice Lacroix Gravity, Ball TMT LE, Sea-gull Open Heart, and a Chinese Tourbillon watch (all white dial.. lol).

Offline Cocas

Re: Watch recommendations, again please..
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 08:20:07 AM »
Welcome to MWF Bro!

I will choose Globemaster.  The Constellation grade is very special within Omega. The finishing and material spec seems quite different and is able to withstand the age of time.

Offline wristalk

• Freshie
  • Watch Aficionado
    • wristalk
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 06:39:34 PM »
Welcome to MWF too!

Will you fancy a Jaeger Reverso? Because I'll be going for a Reverso for a dressier timepiece, but I know the squarish design is not for everyone.
SELLING MY PERSONAL COLLECTION AT: http://bit.ly/2DcqE53

Offline Timeless

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 07:08:08 AM »
Perhaps Ulysse Nardin marine annual calender or Memorigin since you are ok with Chinese tourbillon watches.

Offline dexson

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 12:06:12 PM »

Currently, i have in my mind the Omega Constellation  Globemaster Annual Calendar 41mm (sedna gold with SS) and Omega Aqua Terra version 2017 (41mm, sedna gold with SS). Any words on them?

On top of that, am still open for suggestion on other brands as well. Looking for dress watches with a lil twist in the dial, not too plain. Budget around Omega Globemaster's.

Current watch list : Maurice Lacroix Gravity, Ball TMT LE, Sea-gull Open Heart, and a Chinese Tourbillon watch (all white dial.. lol).

Not into dresswatch hence couldn't advice anything here.... very curious on your chinese tourbillion watch tho... does it keep good time ? -at minimum i guess it should be a pleasure to watch !

Offline lowengen

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 12:53:16 PM »

Not into dresswatch hence couldn't advice anything here.... very curious on your chinese tourbillion watch tho... does it keep good time ? -at minimum i guess it should be a pleasure to watch !

Its been awhile since i give it wrist time.. as i recall, accuracy wise not too bad.. i remember comparing it with eta2824 once and almost the same.. looks wise, kinda good.. i will post some pictures next time

Offline lowengen

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 01:02:29 PM »
anyway, an update on the topic.. so i went and try out all variations of the Globemaster, and its not to my liking.. not sure if its the lighting, or the wrapper, the dial is pretty hard to read.. anyway, decided to remove Globemaster from my list, and added a few new ones..

IWC 7-days (blue dial) / (white dial).. Glashutte Original - PanoMaticLunar , JLC Master Geographic.. Omega Aqua Terra

any says on the new selections? ir any new recommendations? thanks!

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 02:07:31 PM »
I understand the need for a dressy piece, but not too plain. I like to keep it simple sometimes, and having the right watch for a suit&tie event is a nice thing. In your position, I would consider a JLC MUT Small Seconds. Don't have to go with steel; go fancy with gold :-)

Link below:
http://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/us/en/watches/master/master-ultra-thin-small-second/1278420.html

Offline mongourou

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 03:36:55 PM »
anyway, an update on the topic.. so i went and try out all variations of the Globemaster, and its not to my liking.. not sure if its the lighting, or the wrapper, the dial is pretty hard to read.. anyway, decided to remove Globemaster from my list, and added a few new ones..

IWC 7-days (blue dial) / (white dial).. Glashutte Original - PanoMaticLunar , JLC Master Geographic.. Omega Aqua Terra

any says on the new selections? ir any new recommendations? thanks!
I tried the white dial SS Globemaster on leather and bracelet two weeks ago and loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omega - Tudor - Halios - Casio

Offline lowengen

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 04:30:09 PM »
After many tours to various retailers, i have run down my list to the following:-

1) Glashutte Original Panomatic Lunar
2) JLC Annual Calendar
3) IWC 7days

Any comments? I don't c much ppl wearing GO.. is the brand good?

Offline gunsnroses

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 07:18:05 AM »
I find the GO the sexiest of them all but if you foresee flipping the watch, take note of the steep depreciation but with that being said, same goes for iwc and jlc also but maybe GO will be more.

Anyway I like the look of the GO the best.

Offline Teikfun

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2018, 08:50:08 PM »
Welcome to MWF too!

Will you fancy a Jaeger Reverso? Because I'll be going for a Reverso for a dressier timepiece, but I know the squarish design is not for everyone.

Agreed :thumbsup:

Offline jimmyang

• watchstories.my
    • jimmyang.com
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 09:21:48 AM »
Go Panomatic Lunar gets my vote if you plan to keep it for a long time.
IG : watchstories.my

Offline lowengen

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 01:19:10 PM »
after a really long consideration, moving in and out of the shop, numerous testing of both watches till prob the AD guy is pissed, i decided to go with........ JLC! It seems to call out juz slightly louder... the GO is still undoubtedly superb, and decided to make it my next catch... hopefully soon... thx alot all for your kind n patient comments n recommendations.. will write a review on my new JLC soon...

Offline pgone

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2018, 06:15:54 PM »
Congrats for your new purchase! :thumbsup:

Offline watchgymfreaks

• Freshie
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 01:21:47 PM »
mega Aqua Terra version 2017 (41mm, sedna gold with SS) is good