Author Topic: Rolex Watches  (Read 12175 times)

Offline alooith

• Freshie
Rolex Watches
« on: October 24, 2017, 01:08:26 PM »
Hello all, am currently looking to buy a rolex, may i know if anyone got a good recommendation to purchase rolex watches? am interested in the sports model mostly and what are the typical discount should i look out for, I understand that rolex rarely gives discount right?

Offline psychokandy

Re: Rolex Watches
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 02:19:17 PM »
As far as i know, recently there's no more discount given for sports model. 2 years ago you can still get 5% off for Exp II but this is not the case anymore for now.

Popular sports models are Submariner, GMT-Master II, Daytona, Explorer, Explorer II, Milgauss, Sea-Dweller, Deepsea Sea-Dweller, Air-King, Yacht-Master etc

Good luck in your hunt and enjoy your the model you chose.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:24:09 PM by psychokandy »
~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline alooith

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 02:41:03 PM »
Ahhhh...okok thanks alot for the info

Offline mongourou

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 05:36:22 PM »
I was still offered discount (5%)  at the Rolex AD I recently visited in KL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omega - Tudor - Halios - Casio

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 09:07:17 PM »
I was still offered discount (5%)  at the Rolex AD I recently visited in KL.

:thumbsup:
~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline yehlai

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 09:22:05 PM »
Hot models need to pay premium, not to mention discount

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 08:36:09 AM »
for sport models, the sub and gmt and especially the Daytona, is never about how much discount you get but rather how long you have to wait to get one, unless you go to Hong Kong where basically they are everywhere

Offline kenzojovi

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 11:12:54 AM »
Rolex no more discount now jor.....

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 02:30:32 PM »
for sport models, the sub and gmt and especially the Daytona, is never about how much discount you get but rather how long you have to wait to get one, unless you go to Hong Kong where basically they are everywhere

True, and you could skip the queue at HK and Macau if the pieces were available at time of visit. Eii still could get 5% IIRC, Sub and GMT have discounts only for TT. The S/S sports models like Sub, SD, GMT, and Daytona are being flipped like crazy in the grey market these days. Kind of make more sense to go for discounted precious metal DJ and DD at ADs these days, if you could carry these.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 04:32:33 PM »
Hello all, am currently looking to buy a rolex, may i know if anyone got a good recommendation to purchase rolex watches? am interested in the sports model mostly and what are the typical discount should i look out for, I understand that rolex rarely gives discount right?

I personally like the Sub or the GMT master.....The Sub ND is a good entry into Rolex.

Offline squasub

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 03:07:58 PM »
have you considered preowned rolexes?

Offline crownorshield

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 08:56:36 PM »
Hi all
Can’t seem to find any discussion on explorer 1 here. Am looking to purchase this as an entry level sports watch. What’s your view for this model ?

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 07:05:49 AM »
Hi all
Can’t seem to find any discussion on explorer 1 here. Am looking to purchase this as an entry level sports watch. What’s your view for this model ?

good, full of history, under the radar, reasonable entry price as compared to other sports models

the only downside is that the RV is somehow lower and not as strong vs Sub, GMT and Daytona

Offline mongourou

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 03:11:56 PM »
I like it a lot on paper but on my wrist it looks a bit bland. Hard to explain why exactly but as much I would like to like it, something is missing.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 03:45:04 PM »
I have been paying much attention on Rolex lately. From 40 to 50 yrs ago vintage piece till the less than 10yrs modern piece.

Its movement durability is incredible. It got to be seen by your eyes to believe it.  :thumbsup:

Offline crownorshield

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »
Hi all

good, full of history, under the radar, reasonable entry price as compared to other sports models

the only downside is that the RV is somehow lower and not as strong vs Sub, GMT and Daytona

Are u saying the RV is like non sport model like DJ ?

The next in line (in terms of price) is the subc ND. I’m avoiding it now, having the black bay atm

Offline crownorshield

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 03:54:07 PM »
I like it a lot on paper but on my wrist it looks a bit bland. Hard to explain why exactly but as much I would like to like it, something is missing.

Yup, I have the same feeling. Didn’t exactly shout at you when put on. But being bland means it will age timeless.

Offline mongourou

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 03:59:37 PM »

Yup, I have the same feeling. Didn’t exactly shout at you when put on. But being bland means it will age timeless.
Very true!

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 05:01:18 PM »
I think Explorer is a nice watch especially now they have lumed the 3,6,9.
The cheapest Sports model today I believe is the 40mm Air-King, followed by 39mm Explorer, Submariner, Explorer II, GMT-Master II, Submariner Date, Yacht-Master, Sea-Dweller, Daytona
Buy the one you like.

~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline Timeless

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 08:53:16 AM »
Usually sport models are without discount, normally out of stock but keep for regular customers. Probably will offer to you if buying few pieces or other brands.

Offline DLwatchaddict

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 01:41:33 PM »
Even for solid gold sport model like Daytona? There shouldn’t be any discount right?

Offline crownorshield

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2017, 09:45:23 PM »
Hi all
Will there be any price increase for 2018 ?

Offline DLwatchaddict

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2017, 10:38:36 AM »
Hi all
Will there be any price increase for 2018 ?

Rumor has it. Should be increase after Basel world 2018.

Offline gregbaas

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2017, 03:21:14 PM »
I was visiting few local AD recently and surprisingly there were none even a piece of sport model available not to mention the Sub with date.  Waiting list could be 2-3 years, that was absurd.  Some even ask to make a full payment and then put you in the waiting list.  I wonder the reason behind the shortage of sport models is due to price gonna increase next year and they purposely keep the stock?

Offline bedazzle44

• Freshie
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2018, 07:53:18 PM »
I would suggest you to try your luck in overseas AD. It's typical in Malaysia AD