Author Topic: Deepsea D-Blue Dial or Sea Dweller (Single Red 50th Anniversary)  (Read 12059 times)

Offline LMN377

• Freshie
Dear Sifus,

I am in dilemma on whether to choose Deepsea Blue or Seadweller 50th anniversary. Both are great watch and price range are about the same. Can anyone give me an advise on which should I go for? I only have budget for one! :)

In terms of look, future appreciation, rareness.

Thanks Guys in advance.

Offline chfoong

Re: Deepsea D-Blue Dial or Sea Dweller (Single Red 50th Anniversary)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:41:28 PM »
Don't think anyone could answer you on the rareness and future appreciation. Look wise, I would go d-blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline V...

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 05:33:32 AM »
100% D blue

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 06:48:32 AM »
Look-wise, it is very personal so I'd go with the Sea Dweller 50th Anni. Rareness, the D-blue is not discontinued and the SD 50th Anni is a new release so both are not rare. Future appreciation, that is a definite provided both were not purchased on a heavy premium. A harder question to answer would be which appreciate more in the future of which I can only say I do not know.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 07:19:13 AM »
Personally I'll go for the blue

Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline Cocas

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 07:40:48 AM »
Lately I have been searching for vintage and uncommon Rolex. Found out that most of the Rolex preowned piece are black, silver, gold/champagne, white dial.

Other colours such as blue, red, brown, grey are very rare.

If you aim for future uniqueness and the color you like is blue. Then just go for the D-blue.

Offline Kesharoo

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 09:03:03 AM »
Both are good, the only concern I have is the wearability. Deep blue looks great but I understand it wears quite differently due to the top heaviness and smaller standard oyster bracelet. Single red appears to be much bigger and better proportioned but I have no idea how it wears. All things being equal, I would probably go deep blue which I'd probably wear on a rubber-B strap. Good luck choosing.

Offline LMN377

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 10:47:26 AM »
I personally like Deepsea Blue more but the only thing pulling me back is because some say the SeaDweller 50th will only be produce for 1 year to celebrate its 50th anniversary. So I assume its going to be very rare in the future.... sorry for being kiasu here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEgMUAMv_yE

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 11:12:47 AM »
Everyone also said that the Milgauss GV was going to be very limited in numbers due to the complexity of producing a green sapphire crystal. But look at it today...still in production and the price has halved from it's highest price point. No one really knows if and when a watch will be a "classic", a hit or a miss. It is also very strange that one would pay close to the retail price of a 116710LN for a used 16710. And how the price of a 1680 red sub has gone stratospherically high due to it's "uniqueness". So my humble take would be this, go try out the watch, see how it is like in the steel...they both wear differently and has different characteristics. Then decide what you like after you have had the opportunity to try them both on. And the most important thing to remember, you don't buy a watch as an investment. You don't buy a watch because it will increase in value...you buy it because you, and you alone like it. It looks good on your wrist and you feel happy seeing it on your wrist. Don't go buying a watch for all the wrong reasons.

Offline LMN377

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 02:26:16 PM »
thanks for the comments guys. Yes I think "dualcarb" is right. must look good on my wrist, well I have tried the D Blue, so far have not seen any Sea Dweller 50th on any store yet. So does the DBlue looks good on my wrist or is it too huge?  :Praying: :Praying:

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 08:44:11 PM »
Looks huge bro

Offline Devilzzz44

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 07:32:43 AM »
IMO - The watch is Too huge and thick on wrist if you decided to use a long sleeve with the DeepBlue, but otherwise it looks ok with casual wear...

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 07:41:29 AM »
IMO - The watch is Too huge and thick on wrist if you decided to use a long sleeve with the DeepBlue, but otherwise it looks ok with casual wear...

I got one DSSD and it's height messes with the cuffs of your long sleeve shirt. Fine for casual wear but awkward with formal wear. 
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 07:53:04 AM »
I had the regular DSSD; it was pretty big even for my wrist. And certainly won't fit under many shirt cuffs.

SD50 in comparison fits better imo, more balanced, less hefty, more comfortable and I believe demand is very high for this model right now.

Based on the pic you shared, I do think the D-Blue does fit a little too big on you.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 07:55:13 AM by r3kahsttub »

Offline Zop

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 08:49:52 AM »
it's look huge on your wrist. Personal think may not suitable on formal wear, but it's ok for casual wear..

Offline Timeless

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 08:56:45 AM »
SD50 thickness sit well on common wrist size.

Offline LMN377

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 02:29:26 PM »
Thanks Guys, don't have a chance to check out the SD50 yet but seems more balance though. Cant find it in any boutique at the moment......

r3kahsttub, you have both DSSD and SD50? OMG! :Cheers:

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 12:34:56 PM »
No mate, I do not. Wish I had the funds for the pair, but I do not! Not yet  :Cheers:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 08:33:45 PM »

In terms of look, future appreciation, rareness.

Looks is entirely up to you. Future appreciation and rareness should not be factors of consideration. At the rate Rolex produce modern pieces and their build quality, it would be hard for them to become rare unless people were throwing them into the sea.

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2017, 09:22:10 AM »
Between DSSD-Blue and SDC-Red, the latter seems to be the more wearable one (I still stand by the SD4k that I had, as the most wearable one) although putting the Cyclops there really seemed to put it more towards the Submariner family. If TS does not have a Sub, then by all means, the SDC-Red would be a no-brainer choice really  :thumbsup:
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline LMN377

• Freshie
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2017, 11:15:43 AM »
I have a 14060 really don't mind to consider SD50th. Buts it's really hard to check out one in Klang valley at the moment.

Offline Jaymie360

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2017, 05:22:00 AM »
I would go for the blue

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline LMN377

• Freshie
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2017, 11:44:49 AM »
Thank you all for the suggestions and comments. I have finally chosen my watch and here it is........ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :Cheers:

Offline mongourou

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2017, 01:49:55 PM »
thanks for the comments guys. Yes I think "dualcarb" is right. must look good on my wrist, well I have tried the D Blue, so far have not seen any Sea Dweller 50th on any store yet. So does the DBlue looks good on my wrist or is it too huge?  :Praying: :Praying:
Even for casual wear it looks way too big on your wrist for me...
Omega - Tudor - Halios - Casio

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2017, 07:50:03 PM »

looks a bit overwhelming on your wrist.
~Crown, Rose & Shield~