Author Topic: Tax seng preowned watch shop amcorp mall  (Read 19550 times)

Offline chuahsky

• Freshie
Re: Tax seng preowned watch shop amcorp mall
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2018, 05:15:31 PM »
Will drop by.. :)

Offline wateveritis

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2018, 11:06:47 PM »
Should go and visit the shop since so many good reviews.

Offline wilm3

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2018, 03:22:17 PM »
Hi.... will they entertain Ball Watch servicing?

Offline Darkholer

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2018, 04:30:22 PM »
Dealt with them for accessories before
The boss (not sure of his name tho, John?)  Is very knowledgeable
I love the datejust king on his wrist  :laugh:

Offline tim.thavi

• Freshie
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2018, 11:39:33 AM »
is the price at the shop fair?

Offline flatcap200

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2018, 01:08:54 PM »
Just transacted with them yesterday. Had some last minute challenges with online transfer as the deal had only been sealed at shop closing time but the staff (& John) were nice enough to accommodate.

Seems to be a decent dealer with some ethics. I would definitely recommend :)

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2018, 09:24:47 AM »
john is a nice guy. but i had a bad experience with them once. john tried to rectify the situation though. so i guess they're ok. personally, will never go to them again. but i think it's safe to say others can go and will be satisfied.
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline chuahsky

• Freshie
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2018, 06:54:46 AM »
So many excellant feedbacks here...i will pay them a visit by this week...just wonder if they open this Wednesday?

Offline epsilon82

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2018, 01:16:05 PM »
They closed on Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline spryken

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2018, 11:53:20 PM »
Had a watch verification done by John this year, but he over confident with his knowledge, a fake watch being inform as a genuine watch.

I’ve ask him to open up case back to check, but he is so confident and firmly say the watch is genuine.

He did not charge for verification, so no one to blame here .

Just that replicas is getting better day by day

It’s a Replica rolex

Their repair service charges is quite generous . No cut throat bill heard so far .

Offline epsilon82

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2018, 11:55:43 PM »
Had a watch verification done by John this year, but he over confident with his knowledge, a fake watch being inform as a genuine watch.

I’ve ask him to open up case back to check, but he is so confident and firmly say the watch is genuine.

It’s a Replica rolex

Their repair service charges is quite generous . No cut throat bill heard so far .
Some one sold you a replica watch?

Offline spryken

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2018, 11:29:27 AM »

It’s a Replica rolex

Buying a watch , so was thinking ask his help to verify , lazy to go RSC, watch transacted , but later I found out it’s replica, got my money back, case closed .

Offline Jaymie360

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2018, 02:08:28 PM »

It’s a Replica rolex

Buying a watch , so was thinking ask his help to verify , lazy to go RSC, watch transacted , but later I found out it’s replica, got my money back, case closed .
Lucky man

Offline epsilon82

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2018, 03:00:42 PM »

It’s a Replica rolex

How do you found out it is a replica watch? Can you share here? So we can avoid being scam by scammers. Nowadays there are high quality replica in the market and quite hard to tell whether is genuine or replica from the appearance.

Offline spryken

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2018, 04:41:44 PM »

It’s a Replica rolex

How do you found out it is a replica watch? Can you share here? So we can avoid being scam by scammers. Nowadays there are high quality replica in the market and quite hard to tell whether is genuine or replica from the appearance.

Don’t think it’s right to Hijack this threat .

Offline epsilon82

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2018, 04:48:19 PM »

It’s a Replica rolex

Don’t think it’s right to Hijack this threat .
Agreed

Offline koryong

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2018, 06:48:29 PM »
It's not hijacking when the subject matter is about their competence, reliability etc. anyway.

And there're always 2 sides to a story ... I am very curious ...

Offline tim.thavi

• Freshie
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2018, 07:48:27 AM »
Hi All, borrowing this thread to ask about your experience on their watch servicing.

I want to get my ~2000 rolex sub regulated and maybe do some cleaning ~ its running about 10 sec fast a day. My key concern with going to 3rd party watchmaker is that they will replace my parts etc.

Do you know if the shop such as tax seng would change parts or can I just ask them to do the cleaning and regulate the timing? Any guess on how much the servicing would cost?

Thanks MWF sifus!

Offline dommie85

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2018, 07:51:43 AM »
I got my Rolex polished there and they did a good job

Did they do a water resistance/pressure test on your watch after the polishing?

Offline bimmerman

• Dating for unattached relationships
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2018, 04:36:02 PM »
I'd like to give Tax Seng 5 stars for their quality of service but unfortunately there are some caveats. Wish it weren't so but I'll just relate my experience and you guys decide for yourselves.

Ok, first the good. I bought a pre-owned Rolex from them and boy was it flawless! It looked brand spanking new and the brushed bracelet was even better than the new Rolexes you see at the AD. The brushed texture was like satin, the grain was super consistent and just flawless! For comparison I had my Omega polished at the Omega Service Centre and the consistency of the brushed surface while quite good was short of amazing like the Rolex from Tax Seng. A week later I noticed the watch was running about 6 seconds fast per day and so I requested for it to be regulated and 20 minutes later it was ready. The watch was running within "Superlative Chronometer" standards. A year has passed and the watch continues to tick between 0.5 to 1 second fast per day. Wow is all I can say!

So, being ecstatic about my experience with Tax Seng I recommended some friends to go there to get their watches fixed and it's been not so good from there on.

Don't want to go into detail but these were all swiss watches. First, a broken mainspring. Watched was fixed and running accurately but the sapphire crystal came back scratched. Then another one had his watch case marked and dinged. Watch was returned without any separator between caseback and bracelet too. A piece of tissue paper would have been sufficient right? But nothing. So much for attention to detail.

Curiously, a friend who sent in his Rolex for polishing did get a separator between caseback and bracelet.

So, question then, do Rolex get better treatment than Swiss lain-lain? I'd love to recommend them based on my initial experience but you guys have to decide. Caveat emptor.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 04:58:36 PM by bimmerman »

Offline ckcspice

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2018, 06:18:13 PM »
I’ve been buying/trading in Rolexes with the boss for years. I can only give praise and compliments for all matters related to Rolex. Will continue to buy and trade with them.

Can’t comment on other brands though as I don’t think that is their expertise.

Offline LMN377

• Freshie
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2018, 11:42:37 PM »
Highly recommended!

Offline ggprime

• Freshie
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2018, 11:54:47 AM »
any idea whats polishing / servicing price range like for tax seng?

Offline bimmerman

• Dating for unattached relationships
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2018, 12:09:51 PM »
any idea whats polishing / servicing price range like for tax seng?

For a Rolex RM800 for servicing and polishing in general.