Author Topic: My Dad's Omega Seamaster 30 - where to revive it?  (Read 6783 times)

Offline pugs16

• Freshie
My Dad's Omega Seamaster 30 - where to revive it?
« on: January 24, 2017, 07:04:54 PM »
Hi everyone,

This is my dad's Seamaster 30 that is about 40 years old I think. He bought it off someone from the British Army station here in Malaysia. Its a winder and just a few days ago, it stopped working.

Any thoughts on where to sent it for repair/servicing? crystal needs changing as well. Back to Omega via Swatch SC?

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:07:59 PM by pugs16 »

Offline pugs16

• Freshie
Re: My Dad's Omega Seamaster 30 - where to revive it?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 08:32:18 PM »
hmm....no response or advise? Just found out that the watch is probably around 50 years old.

I sent it into Swatch/Omega SC yesterday fully aware that they might have to send it to Switzerland for repair. what I really wanted was just to repair the movement + change crystal (the current is non-original that my dad changed a long time back). What irked me was the girl at the counter said that they will need to redo the dial, hands, re-polish the case, etc.....basically they want to overhaul/refurbish the watch. I want to preserve the current vintage look and not get a "new" watch.

Anyway, I told her to send it back to Omega quietly hoping that the Swiss are more willing to hear me out, otherwise, I burn RM350 shipping charge.

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 08:33:19 PM »
Please do not let them touch anything except servicing the movement.  I think there are a few good reputable watchmaker who can service the watch around KL. I suggest u look for local watchmaker 1st. I would suggest you Not to send it back to Omega.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Offline clavertwc

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 07:30:57 PM »
Hi, i just met one oldman watch repair guy at the menara keck seng. He is working at the GF shop called D***, personally he does the vintage watch repairing such as Omega & Rolex. He helps me to fix my dad's vintage Omega Seamaster which is above 30 years old plus. 

Offline Timeless

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 12:56:37 PM »
Omega may change those dial, hands, components etc. if necessary, hence it might lose the sentimental value if everything has refurbished.

Offline cubangang

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 12:10:25 AM »
just send to Omega service centre for servicing and polishing. I did my 16 year old omega speed master once, the service centre is located in Kl

Offline Cocas

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 04:50:42 PM »
Omega service center fee is going to be very expensive.